Do you believe everything happens for a reason?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elaine Armani

Reaction score
What do you guys think?
Does everything truly happen for a reason?

I live by this philosophy and have suffered quite a bit of heartache in life but this I suppose is a coping mechanism to believe that these things have happened for a reason.

What's promoted the question if you don't mind me asking? X

I live by this philosophy and have suffered quite a bit of heartache in life but this I suppose is a coping mechanism to believe that these things have happened for a reason.

What's promoted the question if you don't mind me asking? X

I was in a very bad relationship a couple of years ago and was crushed by it, 9months ago I met somebody that showed me what love feels like and he truly is an amazing soul with a heart of gold, after being miserable for so long I instantly felt happiness and started succeeding in life. About six months ago he got sick, had to have surgery for his discs and during the surgery his cervical nerve was damaged. Now he cannot do anything and feel anything around his neck and shoulders and has to wait for his nerve to regenerate which can take up to a year, he is also going through depression. I visit him when it is convenient for him but hardly speak to him. I know he will get better and I will wait for him to get better as he has asked me too. I was just wondering why this had to happen when I was perfectly happy and developing a great relationship with an amazing man that is also my best friend.

Wow I feel so incredibly sorry for you :hug:

I live my life believing that everything happens for a reason, big time! Although sometimes I wonder why? When I look at my mum caring for my dad I doubt myself. But what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, I never ever take anything for granted. Hope things pick up for you soon xx

Wow I feel so incredibly sorry for you :hug:

I live my life believing that everything happens for a reason, big time! Although sometimes I wonder why? When I look at my mum caring for my dad I doubt myself. But what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, I never ever take anything for granted. Hope things pick up for you soon xx

I love the way you think it's very motivational, I hope it does pick up :) xx

On the most part I believe things happen for a reason, but lately I'm finding it hard to believe that extends to everything especially after the loss of a family member. Nobody saw it coming and it's knocked my 'faith' a bit- not religious faith more beliefs like this thread mentions. I'm actually really sad for the person left behind without him especially as she lost her mum just a couple of months before. Sometimes bad things happen to good people - I don't see a reason for it but I guess the good thing to come out of it is how someone learns to adapt and grow and overcome certain obstacles. Xxx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

On the most part I believe things happen for a reason, but lately I'm finding it hard to believe that extends to everything especially after the loss of a family member. Nobody saw it coming and it's knocked my 'faith' a bit- not religious faith more beliefs like this thread mentions. I'm actually really sad for the person left behind without him especially as she lost her mum just a couple of months before. Sometimes bad things happen to good people - I don't see a reason for it but I guess the good thing to come out of it is how someone learns to adapt and grow and overcome certain obstacles. Xxx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Just as i.a.m.x has stated we trick our selves into sometimes believing everything happens for a reason" to make ourselves feel better. The world is such a lovely but cruel place :( something's make me believe that the philosophy is false but sometimes I make myself believe it to have some hope. My thoughts to you and your fam. :( xx

I am a firm believer that things happen for a reason. I haven't always thought this thou. I use to be negative person I guess as I've got older I have learnt that there are something's you can't control. You also have a choice/control how you react to things that happen to you, good or bad!

I once heard someone say the following: how can you possibly know how good things feel if you have never had to deal with pain.

Trust me I have had had some crap to deal with in my life and if I didn't go through those things I wouldn't be where I am now!

Lilian x

I am a huge advocate and believer in laws of Attraction. What you think about is what you bring about. When you are down, unhappy, miserable, selfish, mean, jealous, backstabbing... All that negative stuff... That's what you attract back in your life.

When you are upbeat, happy, kind, grateful, thankful, thoughtful, loving and glass half full type of person... That's what you attract back into your life.

It starts with you. You can have anything you want in life... You simply have to believe it and know it to be true.

I could tell you some amazing stories that have happened to me and every time I dissect them... It leads me back to what I already know... Ask for you want, believe you have it with your whole heart (and I mean BELIEVE)... Most people think 'yehhh I'll have a million pounds' but secretly in their heart they don't believe they will ever have it... And so, the laws of attraction say 'your wish is my command'... So really believe that what you have asked for you can have... And then act like it's already yours and be oh so thankful for it.... Every day.

If you practise being thankful to everyone... Remembering to actually say the words to anyone and everyone... To not use expressions like 'I can't afford it' All those negative expressions that sometimes you don't even realise you're thinking about and saying, Your life can change immediately.

I've been there and done it and since 2007 my entire life has changed beyond anything I could have imagined.... Hope this helps some of you and to Elaine Armani... Think ONLY positive thoughts for this man that turned your life around... You can't wish him back well... His own mind and attitude are the only things that can do that but if he knows he has you to come back to maybe his mindset will change for the better. :hug:

I'll finish with my favourite expression...
"Whether you think you can, or, whether you think you can't... You're ALWAYS right"!!!!!

I try to keep telling myself this yeah... I had a rough start to life and all through my childhood felt persecuted, then in adult hood I've had some pretty rough times, but I'm a firm believer that it's for the greater good! Certain things have led to me starting a career in beauty and I've struggled and still continue to struggle to get my foot in the door despite the fact I love it so much!

So i believe all the struggling must be for the right opportunity which I hope is round the corner!

I am a huge advocate and believer in laws of Attraction. What you think about is what you bring about. When you are down, unhappy, miserable, selfish, mean, jealous, backstabbing... All that negative stuff... That's what you attract back in your life.

When you are upbeat, happy, kind, grateful, thankful, thoughtful, loving and glass half full type of person... That's what you attract back into your life.

It starts with you. You can have anything you want in life... You simply have to believe it and know it to be true.

I could tell you some amazing stories that have happened to me and every time I dissect them... It leads me back to what I already know... Ask for you want, believe you have it with your whole heart (and I mean BELIEVE)... Most people think 'yehhh I'll have a million pounds' but secretly in their heart they don't believe they will ever have it... And so, the laws of attraction say 'your wish is my command'... So really believe that what you have asked for you can have... And then act like it's already yours and be oh so thankful for it.... Every day.

If you practise being thankful to everyone... Remembering to actually say the words to anyone and everyone... To not use expressions like 'I can't afford it' All those negative expressions that sometimes you don't even realise you're thinking about and saying, Your life can change immediately.

I've been there and done it and since 2007 my entire life has changed beyond anything I could have imagined.... Hope this helps some of you and to Elaine Armani... Think ONLY positive thoughts for this man that turned your life around... You can't wish him back well... His own mind and attitude are the only things that can do that but if he knows he has you to come back to maybe his mindset will change for the better. :hug:

"Whether you think you can, or, whether you think you can't... You're ALWAYS right"!!!!!

Wow, thank you sooo much I have a friend that is a firm believer of the laws of attraction and now I understand it properly! You're so inspiring thank you for the advice you're amazing. You have given me faith and hope. Xxx

I totally believe that things happen for a reason. I distance myself from negative people and surround myself with like minded people wherever possible.

It's not always easy to be positive and I can be a terrible worrier and very sensitive, but when times are low I take a step back and I'm thankful for what I've got and for what I KNOW is going to happen in the future.

I would never sell my soul to the devil for a bag of wax and I would never do business with people that have no integrity or morals. Like attracts like.

My favourite saying is "I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it"..........Thomas Jefferson

The secret!

I'm in the process of trying to making it work for me!
X

Have you read 'The Secret' by any chance? 😄

I'm a massive believer in things happening for a reason, it's kind of my motto, like someone has said what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, what will meant to be will be 😄

I would never sell my soul to the devil for a bag of wax

I think your whole contribution to the thread was very wise........but I just LOVE this quote! :)

Dandelion I was about to say the same thing, made me smile after a crappy day!

I think your whole contribution to the thread was very wise........but I just LOVE this quote! :)
Aw, you've made my day DP as I expected that you were referring to Jeffson's quote. Hmmmm.......I wonder if mine will go down in history.

I 100% believe in this 5 years ago my partner left me and at that time I was in The process of having to loose a stone to get a new job - he left me I was heartbroken I lost 2 stone and got my perfect job and on my first day met my now husband who treats me like an absolute princess 😍👍

Laura 🐶 x

What do you guys think?
Does everything truly happen for a reason?

Yes yes yes yes yes :) absolutely 1million % agree there is a reason for everything that happens to you, good or bad! I also believe that your time will come, when your born it's already decided how and when you will die. Life is mapped out I think!

Sarah xx

Have you read 'the secret' mrs geek? lol I agree with everything you have said and believe it to be 100% true and accurate - ask, believe and then receive!

Latest posts

Back