do you believe in mediums -psychics??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh bliss....this one's even better..... ROSEMARY HUNTER - Paranormal Urination - JREF Forum

Ooh and this one has yet to be proved....it's scheduled for Nov 12th....we'll all have to check back then to see if good old Rosie succeeds!

"Here is the protocol outline:

After your arrival and introductions at the JREF, you and Jeff Wagg will enter a room privately where you will have fifteen minutes to make him urinate through paranormal means."

Aw bugger! Rosie failed :rolleyes:

i was told that i woul have a lottery win between 7th nov and the 14th nov this year and it would be a subsation win enough for me to buy my own business and invest in property i am still waiting for that winning ticket

Aw bugger! Rosie failed :rolleyes:

Hi I am rjh01 from JREF Forum. Feel free to join the forum to discuss ROSEMARY HUNTER or anything related.

Yes of course ROSEMARY HUNTER failed. For her to succeed she would have to produce urine in Jeff's bladder. This would be rather impossible to do. Hence the failure was the expected result.

Are there any real psychics? I cannot say. However none have ever independently proved that they have any psychic powers. There are many who believe they have powers however most refuse to be tested. The few that ever are tested meet the same result as ROSEMARY HUNTER.

If psychics could give real help to police in solving crime then police would advertise for psychics. This does not happen. I leave the rest to your imagination

I went to a respected hypnosist last year and while I was there she said let me look at your palm ( pyschics, palm reading, tarot cards etc really give me the heebie jeebies ) and she said there was a possibility I would move abroad & also die in my 60's !!!!!! I was really upsett over the whole thing (even though I'm still in my 20's !!!)...if I knew she read palms & was a psychic I wouldn't of gone as although I say I don't believe its the just not knowing if it is true or not that scares me!!

Ever since I saw the ghost of the last tenant in our London flat when I was 5 years old I have been a believer, but I had my proof 4 years ago.
I was a taxi driver and I went to a working mans club to pick a woman up who had been to a funeral. The moment she got in my car all the hair on my body stood up and as she got settled she said to me
You're a physic like me, thats why you've got goose bumps, you should get training. I still haven't :lol:
I had never met this woman before, I don't attend spiritualist meetings or anything like that and it was pure chance that she got into my taxi, in fact she had called a different firm and they had passed the job because a driver had gone sick.
This woman told me that my dad was in the back of my taxi, that he often rode around with me when I was working nights, she described him, she named him, she told me when he died, she told me how many kids I had and that he was so proud of them, she then told me where my eldest son was living, and thats something I've only been able to confirm in the last 4 months. She didn't hint and say theres an older man who looks out for you, or anything vague like that she said, Your dad Joe is in the back of your car, I love his snowy white hair, he says he's had it since he was in his 20's, I think its really cute that he has a French accent even though he's Polish.
I have never seen this woman since but, strangely what she did for me was (this will sound morbid but its not) stop me fearing death. I KNOW theres something after.

i love these story,s.....my god susie:eek::eek::eek::eek:..... your sooooo lucky she got in your car hun.....lucky you xxxx

I went to a respected hypnotist last year and while I was there she said let me look at your palm ( psychics, palm reading, tarot cards etc really give me the heebie jibes ) and she said there was a possibility I would move abroad & also die in my W's !!!!!! I was really upset over the whole thing (even though I'm still in my W's !!!)...if I knew she read palms & was a psychic I wouldn't of gone as although I say I don't believe its the just not knowing if it is true or not that scares me!!

Let us take a look at this
- You will die in your 60s.
This will take a long time to be proven true. If you die before then, you are very unlucky. If you are still alive in your S then who will ever remember what you were told 40+ years ago?

- possibility I would move abroad.
Very vague. Details needed here. Like when? To what country? Of course such details are never given. If you go back after a year and say 'I have not moved overseas yet' then the hypnosis can say 'It will happen in 5+ years.' Or if you do go on an overseas holiday (like many people do) then the hypnosis can say 'I told you so.'

There are ways and means of telling amazing things about people, but none of them involve being psychic. Like a well dressed woman would have money.

Just read post, I have to add to this topic because there was a mention of meeting your soul mate.

When I was 23, I was told that I be married at 31, with a man with dark hair, and same personality as myself. I thought nothing more of it, until this year at 31, married my dark haired man. The reception the lady described was very accurate.

Did you meet your soul mate, I wonder??:hug:

Just read post, I have to add to this topic because there was a mention of meeting your soul mate.

When I was 23, I was told that I be married at 31, with a man with dark hair, and same personality as myself. I thought nothing more of it, until this year at 31, married my dark haired man. The reception the lady described was very accurate.

Did you meet your soul mate, I wonder??:hug:
A very safe prediction. Most woman get married by the early 30s. Most men can be described as dark haired. As for personality like yours, well just hold me back on that one!

Sorry for being such a party pooper!

If anyone wants to amaze their friends I suggest you learn about cold reading. More on cold reading

A very safe prediction. Most woman get married by the early 30s. Most men can be described as dark haired. As for personality like yours, well just hold me back on that one!

Sorry for being such a party pooper!

If anyone wants to amaze their friends I suggest you learn about cold reading. More on cold reading
I get your point that a lot of them are fake but how about you give me a cold reading on this thread and I can tell you how accurate the reading is?

I get your point that a lot of them are fake but how about you give me a cold reading on this thread and I can tell you how accurate the reading is?

I have never done a cold reading like this before.

Let me tell you about what sort of person you are
You can be a very considerate person, very quick to provide for others, but there are times, if you are honest, when you recognise a selfish streak in yourself. I would say that on the whole you can be rather quiet, self-effacing type, but when the circumstances are right, you can be quite the life of the party if the mood strikes you.
Sometimes you are too honest about your feelings and you reveal too much of yourself. You are good at thinking things through and you like to see proof before you change your mind about anything. When you find yourself in a new situation you are very cautious until you find out what's going on, and then you begin to act with confidence. What I get here is that you are someone who can generally be trusted. Not a saint, not perfect, but let's just say that when it really matters this is someone who does understand the importance of being trustworthy. You know how to be a good friend.
You are able to discipline yourself so that you seem in control to others, but actually you sometimes feel somewhat insecure. You wish you could be a little more popular and at ease in your interpersonal relationships than you are now.
You are wise in the ways of the world, a wisdom gained through hard experience rather than book learning.

These items are found your home:
  • A box of old photographs, some in albums, most not in albums
  • Old medicine or medical supplies out of date
  • Toys, books, mementos from childhood
  • Jewelry from a deceased family member
  • Pack of cards, maybe a card missing
  • Electronic gadget that no longer works
  • Notepad or message board with missing matching pen
  • Out of date note on fridge or near the phone
  • Books about a hobby no longer pursued
  • Out of date calendar
  • Drawer that is stuck or doesn't slide properly
  • Keys that you can't remember what they go to
  • Watch or clock that no longer works
You also have at least one scar. I see a white car.

Now dress this up. Someone gives you all of this and tells you they have powers. They warn you they are not perfect for 'only God is perfect'. Would you accept that this is evidence that they have special powers?

Remember I really know nothing about you.

However most of this will apply to most people.

I do cheat. I got all of this from here. How to Become a Psychic in One Day

I have never done a cold reading like this before.

Let me tell you about what sort of person you are
You can be a very considerate person, very quick to provide for others, but there are times, if you are honest, when you recognise a selfish streak in yourself. I would say that on the whole you can be rather quiet, self-effacing type, but when the circumstances are right, you can be quite the life of the party if the mood strikes you.
Sometimes you are too honest about your feelings and you reveal too much of yourself. You are good at thinking things through and you like to see proof before you change your mind about anything. When you find yourself in a new situation you are very cautious until you find out what's going on, and then you begin to act with confidence. What I get here is that you are someone who can generally be trusted. Not a saint, not perfect, but let's just say that when it really matters this is someone who does understand the importance of being trustworthy. You know how to be a good friend.
You are able to discipline yourself so that you seem in control to others, but actually you sometimes feel somewhat insecure. You wish you could be a little more popular and at ease in your interpersonal relationships than you are now.
You are wise in the ways of the world, a wisdom gained through hard experience rather than book learning.

These items are found your home:
  • A box of old photographs, some in albums, most not in albums
  • Old medicine or medical supplies out of date
  • Toys, books, mementos from childhood
  • Jewelry from a deceased family member
  • Pack of cards, maybe a card missing
  • Electronic gadget that no longer works
  • Notepad or message board with missing matching pen
  • Out of date note on fridge or near the phone
  • Books about a hobby no longer pursued
  • Out of date calendar
  • Drawer that is stuck or doesn't slide properly
  • Keys that you can't remember what they go to
  • Watch or clock that no longer works
You also have at least one scar. I see a white car.

Now dress this up. Someone gives you all of this and tells you they have powers. They warn you they are not perfect for 'only God is perfect'. Would you accept that this is evidence that they have special powers?

Remember I really know nothing about you.

However most of this will apply to most people.

I do cheat. I got all of this from here. How to Become a Psychic in One Day
LOL LOL LOL............thanks for taking up the challenge. Do you do private readings?

Seriously, I know exactly what you mean but my point is that most readings come up with more than the general stuff mentioned above. How do you explain when they are more specific and give names? I don't buy that they choose a common name from that period of time.

Do you think that they are mind reading? I'm really curious to know how they do it. Thanks again for demonstrating a cold reading. xxx

I'm really interested in seeing a medium/psychic but don't want to waste my money on someone who isn't genuine...... Don't really know where to start to find someone.....

I've never seen anyone like this and am really interested in what they've got to say.....

LOL LOL LOL............thanks for taking up the challenge. Do you do private readings?

Seriously, I know exactly what you mean but my point is that most readings come up with more than the general stuff mentioned above. How do you explain when they are more specific and give names? I don't buy that they choose a common name from that period of time.

Do you think that they are mind reading? I'm really curious to know how they do it. Thanks again for demonstrating a cold reading. xxx

I sit down with a good book and read. Does that count as a private reading?

There are many techniques psychics use. I have only scratched the surface. Imagine me going to a psychic.

Psychic - I see a R. Do you know anyone whose name starts with R?
Me - I am Rjh01.
Psychic - Yes I was going to say your name was rjh01.
Me - Amazing. You have told me what my name was and I just walked off the street.
Psychic - Well I am a real Psychic. Not one of these fake things.
For the next 10 years I go around and tell everyone that I have met a real Psychic who told me straight out what my name was.

I'm really interested in seeing a medium/psychic but don't want to waste my money on someone who isn't genuine...... Don't really know where to start to find someone.....

I've never seen anyone like this and am really interested in what they've got to say.....

Want the best in the world? I know who you want. He even has a website. James Randi Nobody can prove they are any better than what he is. Even with a $US1 million prize to do so.

Yes, but if they said they saw the initial R to me, it wouldn't mean a thing.

As for James Randi, I've read that he was caught fiddling the results of psychics to make it look as though they were fakes. I'll try to find the link and post it on here.

Just to clarify, I used to be a believer but I'm not so much so now. However, I do like to keep an open mind. The trouble that I find with sceptics in general is that they don't believe full stop. You could never convince them that something was paranormal.

What I believe comes from my own experiences, not what a friend of a friend has said about the guy down the road:lol:
But it doesn't make me gullible, unfortunately there are a lot of fakes out there, fortunately most of them do no harm, just entertain and thats the same as going to see a magic show.
However some of them should be shot:irked:
My husbands ex wife went to see a tarot reader who told her she was going to die in the next six months:eek: totally freaked her out, that was 20 years ago and the old bat is still with us:lol: The tarot reader wouldn't be if I could have got my hands on her:irked:

I Googled to find the link to James Randi being a fraud himself and less than honest and there were too many to choose from, so here's just one.

The Ultimate Psychic Challenge - A Challenge to James Randi: Montague Keen (SurvivalAfterDeath.org)

This is an old page from about 2004. If a person is a fraud himself what better than to accuse others who might expose that person of being a fraud? However anyone who looks into the accusations will see they are just rubbish. For example from your link

Under Article 7, the applicant surrenders all rights to legal action against the Foundation, or Mr. Randi, no matter what emotional, professional or financial injury he may consider he has sustained. Thus even if Mr. Randi comes to a conclusion different from that reached by his judges and publicly denounces the test, the applicant would have no redress. The Foundation and Mr. Randi own all the data. Mr. Randi can claim that the judges were fooled. The implicit accusation of fraud would leave the challenger devoid of remedy.

This is a common accusation against the challenge. It is also easy to show it is wrong. What it means is that if a person fails the preliminary test that person cannot sue Randi for failing it. However if that person does pass both the preliminary and final tests (no one has even passed the preliminary test) then they win $1m. If Randi decides not to pay then Randi can be sued for breach of contract. This is covered in the rule which I have quoted below.

The actual rule is
8. When entering into this challenge, as far as this may be done by established legal statutes, the applicant surrenders any and all rights to legal action against Mr. Randi, and/or against any persons peripherally involved, and/or against the James Randi Educational Foundation. This applies to injury, and/or accident, and/or any other damage of a physical and/or emotional nature, and/or financial and/or professional loss, and/or damage of any kind. However, this rule in no way affects the awarding of the prize, once it is properly won in accord with the protocol.

The quote from the page contains another obvious error (two errors in one short paragraph!). The rules state that the pass / fail criteria must be clearly stated. There can be no doubt that a person has failed or passed the test. For example a person agrees the they can do something successfully 7 times out of 10 then if they do it successfully only 6 times our of 10 they fail and if they do it 7 times out of 10 they pass. There can be no room for doubt as to whether they pass or fail.

The rule that covers this is
1. This is the primary and most important of these rules: Applicant must state clearly in advance, and applicant and JREF will agree upon, what powers and/or abilities will be demonstrated, the limits of the proposed demonstration (so far as time, location and other variables are concerned) and what will constitute both a positive and a negative result.
(my bolding)

Link Application for Status of Claimant

In short I have shown that the page contains significant errors of fact.

I have looked at several similar pages in the past. This one is one of the better ones.

Oh come on..........that's a bog standard get out clause, pretty similar to my waxing consent form actually LOL. No seriously, I think this just proves my point that one can never convince a non-believer to believe and vice versa.

There are more frauds out there than genuine psychics, that's for sure. In fact, I would say that there is a very small minority of people in the world that have experienced paranormal activity or are psychic, but a large majority of geniune people that believe they have (although they haven't). However, I would say that James Randi has been shown to be a liar time and time again and he is afterall a magician and it's in his interest try to discredit psychics. You could sit and Google this man and his organisation all day long and you will see claim after claim that he is not only a liar but a very rude, aggresive and totally unprofessional man.

The problem I find with sceptics is that they offer no reasoning to prove that a so called psychic or paranormal experience didn't happen. For example, I've seen video footage of an empty bed violently raising off the floor and crashing down for a couple of minutes, whilst the paranormal investigator was in the room. The answer is always the same.........'It could have bee a lorry passing that caused this'. They will never ever accept it.

The thing is, it is not up to skeptics to prove anything. It is up to the people who believe in paranormal things to prove it, not the other way round. It was you, The Brow Queen who pointed out that page that criticised Randi for having what you agree, is a standard clause. It shows how silly the critics of James Randi really are.

I think you are 100% wrong about people changing their minds about the paranormal. The JREF forum have got several members who used to believe in such things.

As for the skeptics, they are only skeptics because they are willing to change their minds when they are presented with new evidence. What happens in science when strong evidence that challenges the existing evidence appears? Charges of heresy maybe? I do not think so. Rather that is how our knowledge grows. Now where is that evidence for the paranormal? If it exists it should be out there somewhere.

As for movies about objects moving around the room look out for strings. I have seen such strings in such movies.

How small a minority of psychics are real? If only one psychic were real the implications would be enormous. This person could have anything they wanted. However all the well known psychics, eg Uri Geller, eventually are shown to have used trickery to do what they do.

Edit. Forgot to include this http://http://www.youtube.com./watch?v=V1Y7QR314xA

If he can be shown to use such tricks why not everyone else like him?

Latest posts

Back