do you believe in mediums -psychics??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sj1973

Reaction score
me and my hubby watched a programe the other night about phychic,s-mediums that were solving murder,s....it was actually very intresting...they told the police where they were buried and who killed them...did anyone watch it? when i heard of phychic,s-mediums i use to think what a load of rubbish...but i have to admit,after watching this program i beleive it and have it on timer for next week...just wondered what everyone else thought about them .....

I believe.

I personally know a few. 1 is a truly gifted woman.

The others..... well.. they're just good at reading people and saying things in such a way that they may be interpreted in different fashions, leaving the listener to think they're in the presence of someone of talent:rolleyes:

Then, there's myself.
WE ALL have it.... the 3rd eye. Whether or not we listen to it, or use it to see.... is a different matter.
I have tried listening to it, and looking through it. I don't profess to be psychic, nor offer to do readings or whatever
HOWEVER
there have been far too many occasions where dreams have foretold events, or I've known the answer, or anticipated something out of the blue.. etc.....
Way too many "coincidences" for them to BE coincidences... follow?

Feel free to think I'm nuts. But I listen to my instincts.
The mind is a wonderous thing, that scientists are forever trying to figure out. Much of it remains a mystery.

I'm going to use the "why don't they predict the lottery numbers" arguement! I'm not a believer :)

Self gain thats why, wouldnt it be nice if we could tho !! x

Self gain thats why, wouldnt it be nice if we could tho !! x

So you're saying a psychic cannot predict anything for self gain? then why do they charge a fee? :lol:

If I was psychic I would do it as a public service and there would be no more unsolved crimes or future crimes.

I am afraid after doing a pscyhology degree and studying parapsychology I am convinced there is no such thing as precognition or clairvoyance.

This area is surely cloudy like the "do you believe in God" type discussion. No middle ground can ever be found between belivers and non-believers :)

I had my tarot cards read a few weeks ago and I was told that I'm going to meet a man, he is going to be a bit younger than myself, about 35/36, he is going to have brown / auburnish hair, he is going to be 'available', I am going to know instantly that he's the one, and we're going to get married and have a baby :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Watch this space! I will let you know if any of that comes true. I will be flippin' amazed if I get married or have a baby but technically it's not impossible. Better get divorced, just in case, roflmao :lol::lol::lol:

i deffo believe , but think there are a lot of chancers out there ,
i have had dreams where things happen and it has happened exactly the same in real life :eek:, and i always try and listen to my inner warnings , coz usually when i think i am being paranoid something bad usually happens !!

So you're saying a psychic cannot predict anything for self gain? then why do they charge a fee? :lol:

If I was psychic I would do it as a public service and there would be no more unsolved crimes or future crimes.

I am afraid after doing a pscyhology degree and studying parapsychology I am convinced there is no such thing.
I too have studied pscychology but only to A Level....but i disagree with your views....only as ive experienced "something" which initially freaked me out,but now have more of an open mind.

However i do not agree with people such like on these silly ghost hunting and crime programmes.It sends out all the wrong signals to the public,and i feel belittles a truly delicate subject for some.

I had my tarot cards read a few weeks ago and I was told that I'm going to meet a man, he is going to be a bit younger than myself, about 35/36, he is going to have brown / auburnish hair, he is going to be 'available', I am going to know instantly that he's the one, and we're going to get married and have a baby :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Watch this space! I will let you know if any of that comes true. I will be flippin' amazed if I get married or have a baby but technically it's not impossible. Better get divorced, just in case, roflmao :lol::lol::lol:
Oh well...looks like i may well be a god mother again Zoe:lol::lol::green:

OMG,are you feeling broody then?:eek:

It is highly likely that you will meet a man who you intantly like (if you're straight) some time in the rest of your life.

50/50 chance he will be younger than you .

It is likely that he would be "available" or he would probably not aproach you, once again a 50/50 chance he is.

Its a 50/50 chance he will have dark hair.

And most women want to marry the man they fall for and have babies (I didn't notice a time limit for this to happen).

If any of these come true you will probably think "that tarot reader was right" if not you will probably not remember what the reader said. All in all though it was a pleasant experience as you were told something nice :hug:

Oh well...looks like i may well be a god mother again Zoe:lol::lol::green:

OMG,are you feeling broody then?:eek:

Not really. I find it really hard being a mum and I think I would have a breakdown if I had another baby :cry:

It is highly likely that you will meet a man who you intantly like (if you're straight) some time in the rest of your life.

50/50 chance he will be younger than you .

It is likely that he would be "available" or he would probably not aproach you, once again a 50/50 chance he is.

Its a 50/50 chance he will have dark hair.

And most women want to marry the man they fall for and have babies (I didn't notice a time limit for this to happen).

If any of these come true you will probably think "that tarot reader was right" if not you will probably not remember what the reader said. All in all though it was a pleasant experience as you were told something nice :hug:

She reckons it's going to be around Feb :)

I have 'never' attracted younger men, I would have been less surprised if she had said I would marry a 60 yr old

I simply do not know any single men

She didn't say dark hair, she said brown, not dark not mousy, but auburn!

I split up from my husband when my daughter was a baby, she's now nearly 8. The thought of having a baby, well it's simply not on my agenda! And I'm nearly 39 so I suppose it is time-limited!

I did feel happy and upbeat but I totally don't think it's going to happen :lol:

I just wanted to ask one question before I leave the believers to chat about their experiences.

If you had this amazing ability to see into the future why would you use it to predict for people how they are going to fall in love and be happy. Surely that's not really benifitting anyone.

Wouldn't you use the ability to do good on a larger scale? If someone actually had this ability it would be very, very easy to prove it to forensic psychologist with some very simple tests and you could really help in the greater scheme of things. :hug:

She didn't say dark hair, she said brown, not dark not mousy, but auburn!

Oh when you said brown/auburn in your original post I just comressed that into dark as opposed to light :) . Only time will tell but as you have just said yourself she has probably hit well off the mark! You'll have to update this thread if it happens!

the dreams i have had have been little things .. like i was younger and dreamt my mate cut his leg on a towel holder and sure enough it happened exactly the same way even wearing the same clothes:eek:, i aint saying i am phsycic but just that i beleieve there is things out there none of us can fully explain
my sister had an emcounter with a really good medium in spain once , she was so right about things it was spooky !!

i believe there is things out there none of us can fully explain

I think there are some truly rare/real people out there who are able to do this ....

but the majority of it is all a bunch of "hokey-pokey"

Hi all

Just thought I would share my experience.

Age 37

Married 6 year

Children 0 (Told I can have any from GP)

Visit to spooky lady August 2002

You will have twins November (me right then)

31/10/2003 I had a section to deliver twin Boys (Me OMG)

I will not go to another. Never ever again 2 boys enough for me thanks

I sat in a psychic 'circle' for 7 years and saw nothing out of the ordinary. Just a bunch of really lovely people who genuinely believed that they were being given messages from 'the other side'. However, in my every day life, I have had several unexplained paranormal experiences.

I think like everything in life, some people are really gifted and some are just mildly gifted. We can all hum a tune but it doesn't make us all opera singers. It's the same as doctors. You could say 'If they're so clever, why can't they stop people dying', but there's a limit to what everyone can do with their gift.

I don't go for readings anymore as none of them have come true. However, I'm very open minded to paranormal activity..........of which I've seen plenty with my own eyes.

The trouble with non believers is that you will NEVER convince them. A chair could lift 3 feet off the ground and fly across the room and they'd say that it was a lorry passing that caused the floor to shake.

Just to turn this on it's head for a moment. It's always the believer that's expected to prove. How about the non-believers proving to the believers that there is no such thing as paranormal activity.

I love a good debate so I'll be watching this thread closely.

I believe.

I personally know a few. 1 is a truly gifted woman.

The others..... well.. they're just good at reading people and saying things in such a way that they may be interpreted in different fashions, leaving the listener to think they're in the presence of someone of talent:rolleyes:

Then, there's myself.
WE ALL have it.... the 3rd eye. Whether or not we listen to it, or use it to see.... is a different matter.
I have tried listening to it, and looking through it. I don't profess to be psychic, nor offer to do readings or whatever
HOWEVER
there have been far too many occasions where dreams have foretold events, or I've known the answer, or anticipated something out of the blue.. etc.....
Way too many "coincidences" for them to BE coincidences... follow?

Feel free to think I'm nuts. But I listen to my instincts.
The mind is a wonderous thing, that scientists are forever trying to figure out. Much of it remains a mystery.
do you know what hun...i have this when i dream of something it comes true or i get a feeling about something and it happens....i thought i was mad but i know i am not...thanks for that victoria xxxx

Why do they charge a fee

Well, why do you charge for nails? And why the prices that you charge? It's called the value of your time, and a unique service that you offer. Someone wants your time & your service = they'll pay for it. Everyone deserves to make a living. As for the 'honest' ones, why should they do it for free? Does your doctor do it for free? Does the preacher do it for free?
NO, THEY DON'T. (have you SEEN the vatican and how rich those guys are???? they put Bill Gates to shame)

Why don't they predict the lotto numbers?
I don't know. Couldn't tell you. While it is against the Wiccan Rede to do something for self-gain (Wiccan rede is like the 10 commandments, sort of, that wiccans, pagans and neo-pagans follow).

Also, in most cases the information/knowledge "goes to them" ('them' being the clairvoyant or whatever), it's not "sought" out. Not in specifics anyway, at least for the true ones.

As for myself... 'knowledge' comes to me. I don't seek it. I call it 'instinct'. I call it 'gut-feelings'. Some call it coincidence. "Oh, I was just about to call you!" when you've answered your phone. Deja-vu? You have a dream and it comes true. Did you seek out the dream? no, you just went to sleep.
We ALL have it, whether we use it..... to each his own.

As for what someone tells you will come true or not:
Some things to ponder- your future is something that can change, depending on how you choose to use the knowledge.
You can either
A) choose to make decisions that will DEFINATELY change your path from the one that you were told
B) choose to make decisions that will make it come true
C) life will hand you an event that is a cross-road and decide for you.

Nothing is cemented in stone. Every choice/decision that you make in daily life, and the choices/decisions of other - no matter now minor- will ultimately affect your future.

Now, on another note: you can't really compare religious 'beliefs' to something like clairvoyancy/3rd eye.
They are two entirely different subjects. Apples to oranges.

Why? Well.... there HAS been concrete evidence of the 3rd eye's existence.
As for concrete evidence of "God" or "Jehova" or etc.......that's a whole other can of tomatoes, better left for debate somewhere other than here where we might all get annoyed with each other.

Now I'm NOT saying there aren't "crooks" and "loonies" out there. Gosh knows, there are PLENTY.
But... I've seen/experienced FAR TOO MUCH in my life to doubt the existence of such a 'skill' or 'instinct' or 'gut-feeling'.

just some food for thought
:hug:

Latest posts

Back