Do you charge for service upon booking

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RD Beauty

Reaction score
Hi do any of you charge for the full service upon booking?

From what I know, most take deposits - I think paying the full price upfront might spook new clients.

Firstly, you can't call it a deposit; the legal term is "non refundable booking fee"
I have the option where people can pay either the full amount or a predetermined booking fee.
For new clients I won't take bookings over the phone; I direct them to my website so that I can ensure that they pay at least the booking fee. 99 times out of 100 it's the new clients who will mess you around because they don't have a relationship with you, so they don't really care if they don't show up.

I have an online booking service, for clients who like to book their own appointments they have to pay in full at the time of booking. If they choose to book over the telephone then there is no prepayment. Most clients love having the flexibility, two people have been exceptionally hostile about it with comments such as "how dare you have the audacity!" which was actually quite helpful as I don't want clients who behave like that. About one third to half of my gross income comes in through online bookings so it's obviously working!.

I take a booking fee (50% of the treatment price) that clients pay through my website when booking online. I find that it works really well and I now get far less cancellations and have had zero no shows since I set it up 18 months ago.

I take a booking fee (50% of the treatment price) that clients pay through my website when booking online. I find that it works really well and I now get far less cancellations and have had zero no shows since I set it up 18 months ago.
Hi Jemma
Can I ask what booking system you use and how much you pay for this?
Thanks

I currently do this also I use Setmore the pricing is good

Latest posts

Back