Do you do just manicures and pedicures and how do you find it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrsR

Reaction score
Wondering how people get on who purely do just manicures and pedicures and would love to hear.

I know it is limiting yourself as a nail technician and I know the pros for doing L&P, gels, etc etc so please do not pull me over the coals for asking this as I have valid reasons for thinking about going purely with manicures and pedicures for now.

Hi there, I was only offering natural nail treatments up until about 18 months ago, and it was just fine. I quaified in l+p about 6 yrs ago, and did them in salons I worked in. When I started up on my own about 4 yrs ago, I decided that I didnt want to offer l+p as my main focus was facials/holstic and I didnt want the smell.
I do now however now offer both calgel and Brisa enhancements as I was getting asked a lot for extensions. hth x

I used to do enhancements years ago but gave it up as I didn't like the smell & found it all a complete faff! I felt if I didn't enjoy it then it wasn't worth doing & so went back to natural nail treatments only and haven't looked back. As the main focus of my business is beauty & holistic based it didn't really impact as facials, manicures, pedicures & waxing are really the staple of my work. That said I don't know how it would work just offering manicures & pedicures.

Thanks for your replies guys x

You will notice that there are people who only offer mani and pedi and not enhancements, however, they also offer several other services.

Is your question about only offering these services and nothing else? Or natural nail services along with other beauty treatments?

In my experience, many therapists do very well offering a range of manicure and pedicure treatments alongside their beauty treatments, however I do not know of anyone who had been able to survive offering only manis and pedis and nothing else.

HTH!

Persoanlly as a nail tech i think you are limiting yourself to just manis and pedis,but if you are qualified in beauty then the range of treatments is at your oyster!

I qualified in L&P at college and then trained privately with OPI,however i just did not enjoy "the feel" of a brush and mixing it with polymer and momomer,which surprised me as i am quite an artistic person...however i took like a duck to water with gel,and it felt right...can i ask why you want to do just natural nail care...in an ideal world it would be good to just offer natural nail care,but you have to look at the bigger picture,not one treatment caters for all.

Having said that i think alot of nail therapists enjoy one kind of nail system wether that be enhancements or manicures...there are alot of natural nail therapists aswell,and i am one of them,cultivating clients to manicures can be hard,but promote what you LOVE:hug:

Im qualifed in beauty therapy but to be honest facials and eye lash tinting never really got me going so I have decided to offer manicures and pedicures and when I qualify in Gel (hopefully next week) I will be able to offer enhancements as well.

Latest posts

Back