Do you find lash perming popular?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

christinarena

Reaction score
Hi all!
I trained to do eyelash perming whilst at college but have never offered it in my home salon. The main reason was that the kit was a little expensive(at the time when I had to pay for everything else!) and I remember my tutor telling us that once used it only lasts 6 months and I was unsure how popular it would be. So, for those of you who offer this treatment, how popular do you find it?

I have also been thinking about training to do semi-permenant lashes. do you think it would be worth it? I live in quite an affluent area where the average age of my clients at the moment is about 35-55. I am not sure if it is mainly a treatment for younger clients? Any advice would be great.

it's not popular really but when I do it clients are delighted with the results.

The solution has lasted more than 6 months tho i opened mine about 18 months ago and used ot to great effect last week.

hth's

I do have it on my treatment list but haven't bought the kit and decided not to until I was asked for it - never have been (yet) and been open 18 months now.

We have it on our treatment list but did our first lash perm in months last week. We had to buy a new kit as the other had been open for about eight months. Its costs us more to do than we make tbh. I will take it off our price list when I review it in the New Year. I personally love the results, but it just isnt popular in our neck of the woods.

I haven't had any perms so far but then I've only officially been in business for 3 weeks!!!:lol:

However, I do regularly perm my own lashes. I love the effect and people do comment on it - so hopefully I can be my own walking advert and get some business that way!

I haven't had any perms so far but then I've only officially been in business for 3 weeks!!!:lol:

However, I do regularly perm my own lashes. I love the effect and people do comment on it - so hopefully I can be my own walking advert and get some business that way!

When I eventually get set up I was planning to do this, I was trained at college. I'm unsure if this is the regularity of requests for it though.

to hijack the thread, how on earth do you perm your own lashes!

how on earth do you perm your own lashes!

lol :lol::lol:

One eye at a time, slowly and very carefully!

Really it isn't as difficult as you might think - try it.:)

lol :lol::lol:

One eye at a time, slowly and very carefully!

Really it isn't as difficult as you might think - try it.:)

lol:):):)
I do not perm my own lashes but do indeed tint them this way!!!!:)
I cannot afford to go to a salon and have it done!!!!:)

I have had perming on my treatment list since I started doing beauty therapy and have never had a client book it! I think it sounds really good though to say you can perm eyelashes. People think that you are really clever!!!:)
xx

lol:):):)
I think it sounds really good though to say you can perm eyelashes. People think that you are really clever!!!:)
xx

I sit by the window in my salon, and I can hear people discussing my price list and treatments. Eyelash perming always gets a laugh or a comment of disbelief, and occasionally they come in and ask if it's a misprint !!!!!!!! So at least it's getting them in the door. !!!!
I don't get asked for it a lot, but those who get it - love it. I've also done it on myself, one eye at a time and it worked OK. :wink2:

The only way to get real interest - is when you have a client in with straight lashes ask her if shes ever thought about having it done -

if shes still uninterested offer her a half price trial and that its only available for the best customers - theres nothing wrong with giving something back to our loyal clients (some would disagree and think its underselling )-

but 1 good result will get talked about and can bring further interest imo.

You know I have been getting my lashes tinted for years as I have always thought it impossible to do my own....one at a time... never thought of that... how obvious now you say it... anyone know of a new brain going cheap?:eek:

I perm my own eyelashes every two months, I am always told how lovely it would be to have lashes grow that way, I inform them its a perm, people just can't believe it. I do about four or five perms a month. I usually do mine when I am doing the housework, I look really freaky walking around with a duster with really open eyes attached to curlers. And I do mine at the same time, the solution doesn't affect my eyes at all, I am careful when applying the solution.

Latest posts

Back