DO you get lifting???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sknight

Reaction score
Just wanted to ask, I used to have a big problem with lifting but have since fixed it however when it comes to rebalance I always have a tiny bit of lifting (very small that just need a little swipe to remove). My question is do any of you never have lifting? even just a little bit? I am only asking so I know if my little bit is normal or if I need to work at my prep more. x

Great questions sknight! I was wondering this myself - if there are those out there who NEVER get lifting.
I do my nails myself and my left hand is fine, right hand lifting here & there. When my customers come in for refill they've always got lifting to various degrees and I always wondered if this is normal, is it them, is it me... does this happen with others??

I always thought "is there anyone who has perfect nails that have no lifting at rebalance or is there usually a little bit" I sometimes have clients with hardly any work needing doing before reapplication but sometimes I need to do more work. Just wondered what other people have

Moste of my customers don´t have any lifting at all. those few who get lifting is because they wait to long between appointments or they are bitters/pickers.

Yes sometimes I do get lifting, usually on those clients that have either gone longer than adviced before the maintenence appointment or those that havn't followd the aftercare advice, oiling,detergents etc.

I would say that 99% of my clients come back lift free.

There is the very rare occaision when I know during application that there will be lifting on certain nails and thats because I know that I've been, lets say, less than carefull about my product ratio and applyied too wet (down to yakking to much and not concentrating:o) and,especially if I'm in a hurry, I've thought 'oh It'll be ok'..obviously not!

Yeah, have to admit Mieke, that the ones who have lifting are over due for refills.
As for my right hand... guess I'm not accurate with left handed application :)

Yeah, have to admit Mieke, that the ones who have lifting are over due for refills.
As for my right hand... guess I'm not accurate with left handed application => that is the same for me. i have to file for hours to get that blob of acrylic to look like a nail on my right hand :green:

So most of you don't have that little freying edge you need to buff away? it's a perfect blend at week 2? I cant help but think I will never get there in that case. Maybe I am just down on myself at the moment. I always have at least one nail that needs a buff to even out the product and natural nail is that bad??

I would say that 99% of my clients come back lift free.

sknight, you think you're down on yourself...

After ready the above line ^^ I'm this: :cry:

99% of my clients come back with lift! Having said that 99% of my customers wait too long for refills and never use gloves when cleaning or apply oil to cuticles or ever do any of the after nail care. All fine for them (as in their choice)... but it makes ME look bad (and feel bad)

Here's the crying again... :cry::cry:

So most of you don't have that little freying edge you need to buff away? it's a perfect blend at week 2? I cant help but think I will never get there in that case. Maybe I am just down on myself at the moment. I always have at least one nail that needs a buff to even out the product and natural nail is that bad??

it can stay to a perfect blend up to 6 weeks if a customer is carefull and their natural nails don´t curve to much. I haven´t seen your nails so it could be that you think it is bad but that i don´t think that it is anything at all. It doesn´t sound to bad anyway. what about taking a pic of it next time and post it? could it be to being inconsistent with your product ratio here or there or not cleaning the nail before the top gel so it losens up on the bit of natural nail it came in contact with? i´m just guessing here

sknight, you think you're down on yourself...

After ready the above line ^^ I'm this: :cry:

99% of my clients come back with lift! Having said that 99% of my customers wait too long for refills and never use gloves when cleaning or apply oil to cuticles or ever do any of the after nail care. All fine for them (as in their choice)... but it makes ME look bad (and feel bad)

Here's the crying again... :cry::cry:

OMG :eek: please don't be down on yourself.:hug:
It's only in the last yr that iv'e finaly got myself to that stage and that's after doing enhancements day in day out in the salon.
I learn something new with evry set I do and I will still continue to learn.
You are not responsible for your clients once they leave you and as long as you stress the importance of aftercare you are doing nothing wrong.

I scare my clients into uising their oil so much that the ones that havn't, come into the salon biting their bottm lip and say 'you'r going to give me a row' :lol:
Then I scare them more and say they are goin to end up causing so much damage to the nails that I won't be able to do anything for them till the damage grows back.....cruel? hell yes!.....works?....HELL YES!:lol:

I do wonder why they come back at all :lol:
xx:hug:xx

well i dont know!!! i use the same methods on all my clients for prep.....exactly the same....but i find i get some come back with loads of lifting and even missing nails...where they say they have just lifted clean off....and no signs of damage with it; then i get others that come back with absolutly nothing at all and all i need to to is buff over them a bit and thin out the product in the places that need it.
i have tried relentlessly to figure out what causes it but just cant see what it is......i was starting to go over board with my prep in the end and it was taking over 30 minutes which is stupid!!
i wont give up though...i will not be happy until i get all clients come back with all their nails intact!!!

Can't say to much as I'm still training. However when I have been doing my own hands I have minimal lifting whereas my sister who I did a full set for last week, hers lifted down past the apex !!!! My initial reaction was that I must have done something wrong but she then confessed to sticking her hands in bleach everyday without wearing gloves !!!!! My answer to that was well If you want me to have to spend over an hour buffing out the lifting every time, crack on not wearing gloves !!! I'm hoping that this has worked !!!! If not when I check again this week to see if there is more lifting I'm carting her off to my trainer with me !

I am a little bit the same as sian,Sometimes I get someone come back with no lifting, sometimes a tiny bit on a few nails, and sometimes I think 'oh my jesus what have you been doing' lol.

I have just had one lady who I knew was having some major problems, lifting after a few days, then taking off her nails, (she lives a bit of a distance away so cant just pop over to have them fixed)
I think she was a little reluctant to tell me, but I heard about the problems anyway, so I coaxed it out of her lol
If I don't know whats going on, I can't fix it,
Anyway I consulted and did an extra thorough prep, and used Retention instead of radical, I checked the other day and she has had no problems yet thankgod ...

Sometimes I think its the client not looking after their nails, and sometimes I think its either my prep or my ratio.

But YES stevie I also get lifting sometimes, You are not on your own hun,

I didn't used to get lifting on pretty much everyone whos nails I did,
But I think I have had that many product switch overs, From millenium, to NSI, to ezflow back to NSI and now CND ...I am finally settled yayy but I think sometimes Old habits from the other techniques sneak in and mess with my application methods..

I've got a question. Got a new customer with square shaped nails - as in if she is pointing at you the surface of her nail is relatively flat and her side walls drop down like 90 degrees, kind of like this: Π
She has lots of side wall lifting...

I have no idea how to minimise her lifting?

Well, I must be really crap then :cry: Because all of my clients have lifting! And some are quite bad, actually, proberly all of them are quite bad :cry: I am only training at the mo, but thats no excuse because I have actually done and passed all of my assessments, Ive only got one more to do after the easter holidays which is a sculpt with gel. I make sure I throughly prep, I must just be crap at the actual application. I know practise makes perfect, but I think Ive just got the feeling that they just passed me a college because the end result looked nice!! Was anybody else like this when they were training? And does it get easier?! xx

I've got a question. Got a new customer with square shaped nails - as in if she is pointing at you the surface of her nail is relatively flat and her side walls drop down like 90 degrees, kind of like this: Π
She has lots of side wall lifting...

I have no idea how to minimise her lifting?

Have you tried to pinch the nails a bit?

Have you tried to pinch the nails a bit?

Thanks for that. Hadn't tried pinching the nails a bit... will give that a go next time :)

Latest posts

Back