Do You Get The Most From Your Salon Geek Experience?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Martigirl

Reaction score
A few recent threads have got me thinking................

Do you?????? (get the most)

I have been a member here for approximately 6 years and can quite categorically say my business would never have achieved the success it has without Salon Geek!

I guess what I want to say is

SPEND THE TIME TO EXPLORE THE SITE, LEARN AND SUCCEED!!!!

why you may ask.......................let me share what I do!

1)I sign on just about every day and hit the What's New tab at the top (this gives me all posts as I am predominately beauty)

2)I view my time spent here as an investment in my business, so I find the time to research.

3)Take time to use the search button if i want specific info (can be a little time consuming but well worth the effort as all sorts of little gems are uncovered)

4)TUTORIALS & ARTICLES ... what can I say everything I need to know, get's right to the point and saved me a fortune on books. And GROUPS, all the little hints and tips I gain for areas I am seriously interested in (as well as a good laugh sometimes).

5)Read the blogs it gives me a great insight into fellow geeks lives and often the best place to offer support of a more personal nature.

6)Building relationships with fellow Geeks that have developed into some fabulous friendships, Axiom, Izzidoll, Fiona Wallace, Seanny, MaisyMouse, Zingara, Oey, Tweezerhappy and The Male Geek are just a few of the amazing people I have learned from and love to meet and share experiences with.

what I have gained.........

INDUSTRY EXPERTS SHARING THEIR EXPERTISE AND KNOWLEDGE FREELY, this has got to be the most amazing aspect!!!! I mean most industries hide this, we have the majority of the experts here to help!

other gains

1)Success in my business
2)Avoided many expensive mistakes
3)Tried and Tested products that guarantee me repeat business
4)Tips and techniques to enhance my skills
5)A staff room if you like to stop me from feeling isolated

I could go on and on but many have probably stopped reading already lol.........

So help me utilise Salon geek even more and tell me

"How Do You Get The Most From Your Salon Geek Experience????????

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi I log on almost every day, sometimes several times a day :o!! I dont think i could work alone with out salon geek, actualy I know I couldnt. I am the kind of person who panics about things and asks loads of questions. I also get great enjoyment from looking through peoples pics of all the stunning nails people produce. I love the fact that there so may product reviews and info on training etc also. Hope this helps xxx

So many of the questions asked by new geeks (and old) can be answered by using the most important tool on the site which is the Articles and Tutorial section here on tsalongeek. HOURS of work have gone into producing every bit of information you need for so many things from the application techniques for Shellac, product definitions and step by steps (even for assembling the NEW model of the CND UV lamp lol).

Please make use of this most valuable resource.

Great thread, Martigirl. Thank you for pointing these things out.

What parts of the site do others most like??

:hug:

Subscribe to threads. You can auto subscribe to threads you post in. If you just want to follow a thread use "Thread Tools" at the top of the original post then "subscribe to this thread".

Each time you log in hit Settings at the top of the page and it will show you all your subscribed threads.

You can also subscribe to social groups or a discussion within the group. I just subscribe tithe whole group.

Last edited:
my thought on the search facility depends on the type of person you are......

....you walk into a supermarket wanting some pickled gerkins....do you walk round have a look to see if you can find them and kinda get side tracked looking at other stuff....look for the signs telling you where everything is and go straight to them...or just ask the first sales assistant you see to save you time.

:lol:

I love the whole site..but the nail forum is what really floats my boat

I love everything, but i think its great that we can have social groups aswell, I love the Irish Geeks group, its great that we can discuss topics and product pricing etc relevant to our country!! But in the main I love it all!:D

Thanks for the input girls xxxx

Iv been a member for nearly 2 years and Im sure I actually found salon geek by mistake when I was searching google! Im so glad I did :) I log on almost every day umteen times a day to check up on whats new! Iv learned so many things from the articles, tutorials and all the threads, I even read the hair geek, although im not one I just like knowing what other people are doing and asking! :) One of my favourite parts is looking at everyone elses work in the albums! It gives me loads of ideas! Also the blogs give it a personal touch getting to know other geeks! I love reading questions and answers about geeks who have or are setting up their own salons which is where I aspire to be one day having my own place! I see Salon Geek as my little treasure chest of information I need to make my business a succesful one! xx

Its given me the confidence i never had before. I know I'm doing things the way they should be done, if i'm not sure I search or post on here and always find the answer.In many ways it makes it a safer industry for our clients and they can be confident they are in safe hands. I also log on most days at least once that way if someone asks me if i provide a certain service i can say yes or no rather than "whats that" as i know what all the new trends are and that feels great ! It was so easy before to get left behind x

I spend hours just searching every nail related thought i have, I love learning new things and on here its never ending. The search is my best friend here and often if i have a question i find the answer (and some little gems besides) as someone else has normally asked the same thing beforehand.
I know that it is leading me along the correct path being on here and my standards and knowledge are better for it.
But then it does make me restless too as I want more then i can do/ can afford. I know whilst I'm here I'll never be settled- there's always more to learn or do, every time I reach a goal I get there only to find the goalposts have been moved further.
I love looking through albums here too and spend a lot of time looking at other peoples work and learning from that too.

Brilliant thread! I log in every day, more than once most days, between clients and love the site.

I think this is a very solitary business unless working in a salon and the friendship and information available here is second to none. :D

Hi geeks! well I just love it:Love: I think its great, & very very "addictive" wouldn't go without this now, "KEEP GEEKING" :D x

I have only just joined, but so far I've logged in each day and happened to browse around before making an account. I have found so many handy tips and I'm often found using the search button looking up things.

As I've not yet passed any courses it's nice to know I'm learning and correct in my thinking when someone asks a question and it is answered by a pro and I had the same thought. I'm obviously learning something! Another thing I love is browsing albums. It not only gives me ideas but inspires me to become better!

Like most of the other have said I too log on most days, sometimes several times a day. Just recently I have had to leave my beauty room and go back to being mobile. I got some good tips and helpful advice, it's brilliant when you work alone. I must admit I don't use the tutorials much but I shall make a point of looking in there a bit more often. Plus some of the threads are really very funny and can cheer me up if I'm having a down day. Great site I'm addicted.

Well, Just a quick one before bed,
But I actualluly feel I have 'grown up' on this site.
I have been about for a few years now, although not as much as I would have liked in the last year to be honest.

I have learned EVERYTHING I know really as I joined very early into my first nail course.
I have made some totally amazing friends. been through some massive ups, and some pretty big downs.

Even though I feel I have been around the whole of this site at least twice lol, I still have many things to see, and learn, New things are constantly added,
And area's I have never paid attention to before as they haven't been relavent to me, I find myself searching for eventually ( Bring on the e-file threads lol)

My favourite areas of the site aside from the obvious tutorials and nail geek forum, are the galleries.
I LOVE looking through other peoples albums, I used to get most of my inspiration from others photos,
and the blogs.... the blogs have kept me sane many a time,
And it helps to get to know the people behind the usernames.

Thats all for now I best go bed lol,..... ( Did I say a quick one ??? ) :D

A few recent threads have got me thinking................

Do you?????? (get the most)

I have been a member here for approximately 6 years and can quite categorically say my business would never have achieved the success it has without Salon Geek!

I guess what I want to say is

SPEND THE TIME TO EXPLORE THE SITE, LEARN AND SUCCEED!!!!

Hi ,Have just recently joined salon geek and will follow your advice.
Many Thanks

why you may ask.......................let me share what I do!

1)I sign on just about every day and hit the What's New tab at the top (this gives me all posts as I am predominately beauty)

2)I view my time spent here as an investment in my business, so I find the time to research.

3)Take time to use the search button if i want specific info (can be a little time consuming but well worth the effort as all sorts of little gems are uncovered)

4)TUTORIALS & ARTICLES ... what can I say everything I need to know, get's right to the point and saved me a fortune on books. And GROUPS, all the little hints and tips I gain for areas I am seriously interested in (as well as a good laugh sometimes).

5)Read the blogs it gives me a great insight into fellow geeks lives and often the best place to offer support of a more personal nature.

6)Building relationships with fellow Geeks that have developed into some fabulous friendships, Axiom, Izzidoll, Fiona Wallace, Seanny, MaisyMouse, Zingara, Oey, Tweezerhappy and The Male Geek are just a few of the amazing people I have learned from and love to meet and share experiences with.

what I have gained.........

INDUSTRY EXPERTS SHARING THEIR EXPERTISE AND KNOWLEDGE FREELY, this has got to be the most amazing aspect!!!! I mean most industries hide this, we have the majority of the experts here to help!

other gains

1)Success in my business
2)Avoided many expensive mistakes
3)Tried and Tested products that guarantee me repeat business
4)Tips and techniques to enhance my skills
5)A staff room if you like to stop me from feeling isolated

I could go on and on but many have probably stopped reading already lol.........

So help me utilise Salon geek even more and tell me

"How Do You Get The Most From Your Salon Geek Experience????????
Hi Great advice, I have just joined salongeek so really useful to me.
Thanks

SalonGeek has given me so much... Without it I wouldn't have progressed with the training route I chose, I wouldn't have found Gigi and she wouldn't me by friend, mentor and educator!!! And that's not to mention some very special friends who came into my life because of this salon community.
To me, that's MASSIVE... and all because I searched for 'nails' on the internet!!!

I don't use the site the same way as I used to, being part of the mod team, but I still look for interesting threads (like this one) and try to give back some of the help that I was given.
The thread subscription is probably my most favourite thing (if that doesn't sound too sad lol), without it I wouldn't be able to keep tabs on threads I've replied to or ones I want to 'watch'. The next best thing is the search engine, I'd be lost without it :lol:

So yes, I believe I do get the most from being part of this amazing community of salon professionals :D

Fab thread :green:

Latest posts

Back