Do you give at Christmas?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Susan Wilken

Beebee
Reaction score
I just wondered if you gave anything to your regular clients at Xmas time to say thanks for they're custom over the year and if so what?

Thanks in advance

Something for me from the clients I think you mean???
:p
chocolates, wine, biscuits, large tip - all acceptable thank you very much....

Yeah, an appointment :p

In all seriousness...please forgive our humour...we all get a bit overtired and hysterical around Christmas :p:eek:

I used to buy clients a present...a small handlotion, handmade phone charms with their initials one year, charity pens once, etc. Last year I gave them a business branded multi-function pen, if I'm spending cash it's got to be business savvie too.

Don't make the mistake of discount vouchers....January will be quiet and lean enough without giving your money away.

hehe I love that!

The last few years I've given a A7 thank you card and £5 off voucher from October (salon anniversary) this year November to use until 31st January. It works a treat; the £5 voucher is to be used against any treatment or product over £20. Tbh its a win win for me. I have clients that normally would have a smaller spend spurge on my luxury treatments that I ensure a price pointed to be affordable in those months so they can use the voucher in conjunction with that. its about being smart with your profit margins. I make sure bookings are well in advance and that way i'm still busy in January. Plus i retail quite a lot so clients are more excited about combining a treatment with a gift box or having that luxury facial without feeling guilty its coming to xmas. It does work when clients are bit more savvy with what they want to look good for- xmas and if you get a little regime step up for them they could have lovely nails/ lovely skin before xmas/nye if you catch my drift. Then they carry on until jan thinking i wanna look good for feb. This is the time to educate your clients and get them on to the hook of whatever your offering and sell it!

I don't give anything else i used to give a solar oil in a cute little organza bag. This little thank you voucher represents more to me that im still in business 12 years on and my clients know i don't discount anything so they do snap up the offer. I got mine designed by carl from verve and honestly it looks great- very versatile plus its handbag size! good luck xoxo

Yesterday a facial client arrived bearing massive box of cooking apples for me... now that's how we tip here in countryside!

Yesterday a facial client arrived bearing massive box of cooking apples for me... now that's how we tip here in countryside!

That's made me smile , I have had plums, raspberries, tomatoes, gooseberries,apples and in addition cakes made lovingly for me and my husband. They have all gone down a treat.
My clients know we will "hoover" up any excess produce from their gardens/allotments. They know me well !

In all seriousness...please forgive our humour...we all get a bit overtired and hysterical around Christmas :p:eek:

I used to buy clients a present...a small handlotion, handmade phone charms with their initials one year, charity pens once, etc. Last year I gave them a business branded multi-function pen, if I'm spending cash it's got to be business savvie too.

Don't make the mistake of discount vouchers....January will be quiet and lean enough without giving your money away.

I’ve been looking at pens, which ones did you decide on and were you pleased with them?

To return to the question from the OP, I used to give my regulars a hand cream, foot cream, nail file , nail polish, cleanser etc...but only those that had paid me over a certain amount on a really regular basis. It used to cost me but I could afford it then.

Now I run an internal "prize draw" which I know will seem illegal, but I don't take a penny from my ladies ...I put their name into a box and they will have the oppotunity to win one of 3 of my treatments. Yes, I am probably going to be slated for it, but I like to do it.

It is Never a discount from an existing appointment booked, I stipulate that it has to be something they do not already have provided by me.

It also has the stipulation that it must be used in Jan and feb months only and that's it.

Costs me time and a little product. ( 3 hours in a very slack period of time)
The client has always gone onto having another session and it's what I do .

My final client when I close for christmas whoever it is, pulls the 3 names out of my box and they are informed via text if they are the lucky recipients.
I have a charity box from one charity that I know the collector/fundraiser for... I sell their christmas cards. So if a client wants to put a pound in or whatever when they have a ticket it is up to them.

I find it works and I'm not buying/wrapping/faffing/missing anyone out or spending on anything else/ and it does introduce my winning clients to something they have not had before.

Latest posts

Back