Do you have a 'do not book' list?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarasparkles201

Reaction score
Hi geeks i am wondering how many of you if any operate a do not book list for clients?

You the know the type of client who makes appointments and always cancels them everytime with out fail?

If you do not have a list, would you still book them an appointment if they called again?

Or is it you have 3 strikes and your out, and just tell them you are fully booked?:p

I have a book not list, but they really have to be "bad" to get on there.

I think it all depends on the situation and how they handle it. I have actually put one more on there today (not that I have a lot) she had booked in for several treatments, was explained about cancelling rules, was sen a text yesteray and still did not call me to cancel. When I called her she didn't even say sorry, she just said "oh I forgot and now I don't have a car and cannot come to you, so I will cancel" the treatmens was half my day, so lost a heck of a lot of money (she will get a bill in the mail, but probably won't pay).

She will be able to get at treatment if she walks in and I have an apointment open, but will not be able to book one. Others I have banned if they keep cancelling the day before and moving the app. but they are warned first. Then there are those who stay away, never call and don't answer when I call, they are banned right away.

So notice that they are only banned from booking an appointment (unless they pay in advance and know that they won't get the money back if they move it too late or stay away), never banned from treatments, but it is almost the same as I rarely have free slots, but it does sound a lot nicer to say "I am not able to book a slot for you as I cannot be sure you come in, but you are very welcome to stop by when you have the time and check if I have a free slot"

I even have a lady who got the treatment said she forgot her wallet (even gave her food) and never saw her again, I will treat her if she pays what she owes and pay in advance for the treatment before it is carrie out.

Hi and thanks for your reply i fully understand about people cancelling last min, it is so annoying had it myself this week, and even had people book and not turn up and also turn off their mobile so you cant get hold of them.

I was thinking of doing a cancellation policy but something i have just not got round to yet .

I thought about a book too!!

I will be invoicing every client now especially the one who didnt even bother texting me and i waited outside her house!!!!

Our owner implemented a deposit-on-all-services policy so we seldom get no-shows; however, I do have clients that I have banned from booking in.

A couple of the clients I banned were due to repeated no-shows (prior to the owner's policy implementation.) I never lifted the ban because I don't particularly care for this snobbish lot.

A couple of clients I banned due to sheer personality conflict. We just plain don't get along. Why would they continue to book in if they don't like me? Just to abuse me? Uh...hell no!

I'm not the one...

Sometimes things come up unexpected so once in a while a missed appt. is par for the course. However, not calling to reschedule that appt. is inexcusable to me. If they don't call to let me know they cant make it, i talk to them the next time they come in. I use a gentle tone but let them know that they are financially responsible for all future missed appts.
I don't have a do not book list, but i have told a few clients (maybe 5 in 18 years) that I'm not able to offer them what they are looking for and i make a recommendation as to where they may find a tech/stylist to suit them. You don't need deadbeat clients, in the long run they cost you more than you make from them.

Do you have a cancelation charge?

I do, I charge 50% of the treatment-price for rescedulling to late an no-shows I charge 100% of the treatment-price.

I do enforce it, but have to say that if it is a loyal client who never misses apps usually, then I usually don't charge the first time (and sometimes not at all, depends on reason why they miss the app), but at the same time let them know that!

I most certainly do. I'm mobile so no shows aren't something i have a problem with. Some people are just a complete pain in the ass though and are not worth doing business with... these go on my list!

Keeza i was thinking of doing a cancellation policy/clause but not really sure how to word it with out being offensive lol x

I have a cancellation policy that I have written on my brochures and appointment cards. I says "If you are unable to keep your appointment, please contact me within 24hours. Failure to do so will result in a cancellation fee." If they fail to give 24hr notice I charge 100% of the treatment cost. If it becomes a habit that they cancel I take either a 50% deposit or do not book them again.

I have a DNA (Do Not Answer) list on my phone. That way don't even need to talk to them!

You can refuse to treat anyone ... For any reason you choose. It's business not employment!

Keeza i was thinking of doing a cancellation policy/clause but not really sure how to word it with out being offensive lol x

Cancellation charges unfortunate due to the missed appointments recently I ask for 24 hours notice to cancel an appointment if not then a the following charges will apply.
Something on those lines if you want 50% of the missed appointment then or i had £xx for 15 minute £cxxx 30 minutes appointment. You could let people off the first time as a warning then charge them. You must warn people about his charge be email, or a notice in reception or beauty room price lists hope that's of help and it does help

It's very rare that one of my regulars will miss an appointment or not ring to rearrange if they miss an appointment it is a genuine reason however if a new client doesn't come I don't even bother ringing them now I have in the past and there has been no real reason so I don't ring they don't make the excuse of oh I forgot can I rearrange,the majority of the time they won't come back anyway I'd rather they went elsewhere then waste my time

Xxx

Well I have but there are only 2 client on it in 9 years

Latest posts

Back