Do you have to go to college....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pirate Sarah

Reaction score
...to do an NVQ2 in hairdressing?

There is a college near me that runs this course but its full. Are there any other options?

Thanks in advance :)

Sarah xx

Shame you missed out ;( I would still put your name on the waiting list as quite a few students always drop out in the first month.

Some salons do their own training so you could maybe go down that route or you could try and get a modern apprenticeship if you are under 25 and do it that way (4 days in a salon, one at college). I feel (personally) that you recieve better traing in a salon than at college . Just pop in to hair salons and sak, you never know :)

Good luck!

:hug::hug: hi there i would highly recommend college training :eek: for hairdressing it takes 3 years:eek::irked: first year is mainly assisting the level2-3 junior second year clients from day 1 therory

level three is opional if you want to do creartive cutting colouring ect or teaching :)

you are still qualified after level 2 stylist

i was mature student up to level 2 i got help with funding but doing level 3 you have to be in employment and you dont get any help:smack:
id go for it if i was you

level three is opional if you want to do creartive cutting colouring ect or teaching :)

you are still qualified after level 2 stylist

I would most definately do level 3. It is not just creative cutting and will soon become a requirement to finish your qualification.:)
I would not employ anyone without a level 3 or at least working towards one. IMO level 1&2 full time at college is a joke and does not prepare stylists at all for working on clients in a salon enviroment.

Thanks guys,

College does seem my best option as I will have to learn part time. I'll keep looking around. :)

Have you try applying too a salon chain cause I know a lot of them do apprenticeships. I'm just looking for one myself at the moment

Latest posts

Back