Do you know how to price your treatments? Are you charging enough?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish more people would work out what they want to earn per hour and add on the cost of their service before publishing/advertising their price lists. I was lucky enough to start my career working in a hair salon with a more mature lady as the salon owner. She said how much do you want to make per hour, work out how long your treatment takes and how much it will cost you to perform and how much you want to make Then set your price from there. The best advice I've ever been given, except perhaps to switch brands to CND!

I wish more people would work out what they want to earn per hour and add on the cost of their service before publishing/advertising their price lists. I was lucky enough to start my career working in a hair salon with a more mature lady as the salon owner. She said how much do you want to make per hour, work out how long your treatment takes and how much it will cost you to perform and how much you want to make Then set your price from there. The best advice I've ever been given, except perhaps to switch brands to CND!

I wish I dd this too!! I haven't worked my pries out in this sensible proper way yet but if I'm losing out I am gonna struggle to change prices. Oh dumb stupid me! Ill learn x

I'm thinking of booking on a CND course this summer, can I get cost per treatment beforehand or do I still need to be qualified? What costings etc do you think I need to do at this very initial stages? And where do you start? I don't know the costs of anything yet! :( Had hoped to do a business plan to be sensible as well.

This is something you will have to speak to Sweet Squared about. We don't discuss trade prices on here.

I'm thinking of booking on a CND course this summer, can I get cost per treatment beforehand or do I still need to be qualified? What costings etc do you think I need to do at this very initial stages? And where do you start? I don't know the costs of anything yet! :( Had hoped to do a business plan to be sensible as well.

Larenka, If you want my honest opinion do the course first and practice like mad getting your skill level up so that you can then think about clients. Forget about pricing at this stage until you have completed a course. Dont run before you can walk so to speak. If you train with CND then you will get a price breakdown.

Good luck on your journey x

we have all at some time (im sure) given someone a price for a treatment that we are only just bringing in and havent worked the cost out. I know i have and it makes it so difficult to then put your prices up. I also used to give friends hefty discounts but then they would never appreciate their nails so i stopped giving discounts. You can gradually put your prices up or start charging separately for things like nail art, soak offs etc x

we have all at some time (im sure) given someone a price for a treatment that we are only just bringing in and havent worked the cost out. I know i have and it makes it so difficult to then put your prices up. I also used to give friends hefty discounts but then they would never appreciate their nails so i stopped giving discounts. You can gradually put your prices up or start charging separately for things like nail art, soak offs etc x

Just recently got a load of leaflets made so as soon as they are gone ad time to have new one made ill do a prie mix around x

Latest posts

Back