Do you know what she means? (Sparkle Tips help )

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blossom

Reaction score
A client has seen someone at work who has a very subtle sparkle in her French tips. She says they are not gels, and the sparkle is not in the tip but in the l&p. It is silvery but very very fine, not at all like the Ezflow boogie nights glitter which I sometimes use. Just a very subtle effect, in fact she said you wouldn't really notice it on her nails unless you were fairly close.

Any ideas? I have got a little pot of very very fine white/silver glitter but it is for mixing with gel, I think the effect would be lost in amongst white powder.

Unless there's something you can paint on and then seal over with a top coat? I have a sparkle top coat - anybody know if I could use that, then use a gel topcoat over that?

Any ideas welcome, I'd really like to give her what she wants . . . she has Christmas in mind so at least I've got a while to sort it. Think it could be popular by the sound of it.

Thanks geeky people :hug:

is the tip white with a hint of sparkle? There are plenty of white powders for l&P out there with a subtle sparkle in them, twilight, glimmer and there is one in the metro kit from creative but to name a couple.

I am sure Fiona (naturalnails) has some nail graphix ones too!

I do a similar effect on brides by mixing opal shimmer with gentle white simplicite from NSI. Might be that?

There are quite a few as Jackie mentioned - twilight, glimmer and the Metro one.

Nail Graphix do one called Like a Virgin which is exactly as you describe.

why dont you try some of that very fine white/silver glitter you have? I know its for your gels but mix a lil bit with acrylic to see if it gives the results she is looking for. Ya never know til you try.

Hi . There is no need to use a sparkle polish and then a gel top ccoat .

We do a gel called - drum roll - 'Sparkle ' :)

This is a clear gel with a VERY fine twinkle to it . Seems to be what you are describing . You can use it over any enhancement. I also find that my ladies like it added over the french white as opposed to over the whole nail . Adds another dimension

Light Elegance

The sparkle is under gel polish section .The pic on our website makes it look as if it is white but it isn't . Afraid I don't know how to put a pic here but can e mail pic if needed

Karen

Hi Hun,

Creative do a powder that already has the glitter in it called Twilight, it's got a very fine glitter in it, with a silvery sheen to it when it's on, it's very subtle and you have to look close to see it. My guess is this would do the job for you.
There is also a powder in the metro pack called 'City of Peace, which is w hite powder, with glitter in, again, this is very subtle and more white than the Twilight, which, as i said is more silvery.
Glimmer is not a white powder, just a glittery powder which is gorgeous, but not what your looking for.

HTHs x

Hi Blossom

Do you have the 'Dare to be Dazzling' kit? There's a few fine glitters in there that could be used over white, like 'Funky Town' or 'Stayin Alive' which is white with a sparkle.

Hth's xx

Hi Blossom

Do you have the 'Dare to be Dazzling' kit? There's a few fine glitters in there that could be used over white, like 'Funky Town' or 'Stayin Alive' which is white with a sparkle.

Hth's xx

Hi, no I have Boogie Nights which are quite a lot bolder I think. Would love to get hold of the dare to be dazzling ones though, I've seen them in the brochure and they do look good!

Thank you so much, I can't believe you've all been sooo helpful, so quickly! Shall put my thinking cap on later :hug: :hug:

Hi, no I have Boogie Nights which are quite a lot bolder I think. Would love to get hold of the dare to be dazzling ones though, I've seen them in the brochure and they do look good!

They're lovely! They are mainly set in clear powder so don't give a coverage like the 'Walk of Fame' does, so they are ideal for adding a sparkle. Some are made with pink which is great for nail bed sparkle

Hi Blossom

Hth's xx

Tracey is right, the Staying Alive is white and the glitter is very subtle, I had this on my nails a while back. If you want some to try it Blossom just pm me and I'll send you some so you can try it and see if it's what your client is looking for.

hth xx

The NSI Opal Shimmer is also perfect for adding to white powder. It isnt a glitter, it's a powder so you can imagine how fine it is. Really does look lovely set into the white or the pink or even just the UV top coat.

let me know and I can send you a scoop of it to try.

HTH

Rachel

I have some "Shimmer" from Nailite that is soooooooo fine, it's like dust, LITERALLY.
You can add to UV Gel or L&P and it comes in different colours. VERY subtle.
I LOVE it.

hth's

the dare to dazzle kit by ez-flow is very subtle i use that when doing very subtle glittery tips.

Latest posts

Back