Do you leave paraffin wax in heater all the time?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sophiegees

Reaction score
I am thinking of offering paraffin wax. My question is about what you do with the wax in the heater once you have performed the treatment.

So Im thinking, heat the wax up, scoop it into plastic bags and put clients hands or feet in bag, put booties/mitts on top (not heated ones). Take wax off clients hands/feet - throw away. Turn heater off.

Now do you keep the wax in the heater and then just turn it on to heat it up again whenever you get another client - even if that is weeks away?

Thanks for your help

x

I sanitise and dip their hand or foot in or paint on and then pop hands/feet into bags. I don't think putting wax into bag first would work? Wax solidifies and waits for next time.

I would never dip, the thought of it makes me cringe :/ you can get paraffin wax in little pots like wax that come with a lid on! You can pop the pot of wax into the heater use it screw the lid on and take it out the heater :)

I would never dip, the thought of it makes me cringe :/ you can get paraffin wax in little pots like wax that come with a lid on! You can pop the pot of wax into the heater use it screw the lid on and take it out the heater :)
LOL, you can also boil up old wax and re-use it. (I would never go there!) I dip hands and paint feet.

LOL, you can also boil up old wax and re-use it. (I would never go there!) I dip hands and paint feet.

Blughh!! Yeah at the same time roll up used non strip wax and throw it back in the pot!!! I don't know what's worse floating dead skin cells or hairs (I need a smiley doing a sick face here)

Thanks guys. So if I get one of the paraffin wax heaters where you add the wax - do I just leave it in there after I finish and then heat the same wax up again to use on another client maybe on another day, or do I ditch the wax and put new in.

thanks x

Yes put the pellets in. Use it (but never dip as this could make Amelia ill) and then just let it solidify, as you would with depilatory wax. Amelia, I think they used to strain the hair out of the non-strip wax.... (heehee)

If you get a wax heater like the one in the pic on this link
http://www.justbeautifully.co.uk/hive-options-500cc-dome-wax-heater.php

Then what you can do is get a pot on wax and instead of putting the metal pot in that's in the pic you just put the plastic pot of paraffin wax in, but then if you do normal waxing you can then also put your pot of wax on there too :)

I'm sure they did but I bet there was one or two hairs left behind (gip)

Ah that sounds cool, so reuse but dont dip.

Dont mention normal wax... I had an epic fail at waxing today hehe!!

Thanks

x

There is nothing wrong with dipping.

I dip.

You can do either.

It is a personal preference.

Has anyone used the spray wax cartridges? You can just spray on the parafin wax but you do need a cartridge heater versus the pot type heater

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek

Has anyone used the spray wax cartridges? You can just spray on the parafin wax but you do need a cartridge heater versus the pot type heater

I haven't used it personally but I remember reading negative reviews on here - maybe do a search to see more info :)

Thanks will do a search x

Last edited:
You can use the Spa Appliance orb. I know it's a bit pricey but it's so cool!
It has a little cup to put the wax in so you only need to put enough wax in for one client and then you can throw it away.
It only takes about 10 minutes to heat up too and it stays at 70 degrees for an hour once you take the heater off the base plate. The base plate lights up and looks cool. I love it!

Spa Products | Beauty Spa Products | ORB | Skincare Warming

I also dip. As the hand goes in, it gets coated with wax - not a dead skin cell in sight. My wax is crystal clear!

You can use the Spa Appliance orb. I know it's a bit pricey but it's so cool!
It has a little cup to put the wax in so you only need to put enough wax in for one client and then you can throw it away.
It only takes about 10 minutes to heat up too and it stays at 70 degrees for an hour once you take the heater off the base plate. The base plate lights up and looks cool. I love it!

Spa Products | Beauty Spa Products | ORB | Skincare Warming

OMG I want one!!

Ah that sounds cool, so reuse but dont dip.

Dont mention normal wax... I had an epic fail at waxing today hehe!!

Thanks

x

Sorry no we were joking around .... Wrist slapped!!

I don't reuse or dip!

I'm just not the kind of girl that likes dipping no matter how hard you clean those hands they will never be clean enough for me to dip them!! Lol I suffer with eczema on my hands and my skin just falls of my hands literally I can clap once and there will be a big puff on dead skin everywhere lol even when I clean my hands and they look find they still do it! So if you were to dip hands a small percentage of dead skin would go in your paraffin wax! Which just makes me squirm!

As to the spray one!! If you fancy redecoration your salon or clients home soon then go for It!! I used them once in the salon and for 2 days I was scraping little tiny bits of it of the floor walls chair it get into places you didn't know it could and a pain to clean after!!!!

Ha.. so if you dont dip can you re-use or do you throw all the wax you have left in your heater away.

What I am trying to work out is once the treatment is finished and I turn the heater off - the paraffin wax left in there - canI just leave it in there for next time and use it again.

thanks

x

A long as you haven't dipped hands/feet in and have just used a clean bowl to scoop some wax out I don't see why you can't leave it in there to cool and use again next time x

Latest posts

Back