Do you look after your bottles?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Balance Andover

Reaction score
Of Shellac, OPI Gel Colour, Vinylux etc that you use for treatments?

A little tip I was given when training was to wipe over the neck of the bottle with a little D Sperse/Nas99 if using gel polish or nail polish remover if using nail polish before replacing the cap and putting it back on the shelf.

You can also give the advice to clients when retailing a polish to them :)

Michelle xx

Of Shellac, OPI Gel Colour, Vinylux etc that you use for treatments?

A little tip I was given when training was to wipe over the neck of the bottle with a little D Sperse/Nas99 if using gel polish or nail polish remover if using nail polish before replacing the cap and putting it back on the shelf.

You can also give the advice to clients when retailing a polish to them :)

Michelle xx

I always use a lint free wipe with a little desperse to clean up the neck, gets so bloody messy otherwise :(

I do look after all my stuff including my bottles of shellac and vinylux, I have put a lot of money into my stock so I do clean the tops but it's always good to be reminded x

Work neatly and don't mess up the neck of the bottles. I never need to clean mine. It is possible. Especially when you learn to remove the brush AWAY from you instead of toward you.

When you wipe the brush away from you then all the colour is already on the side of the brush you will be using ... No need to twist it round etc. Very efficient. Very clean.

Work neatly and don't mess up the neck of the bottles. I never need to clean mine. It is possible. Especially when you learn to remove the brush AWAY from you instead of toward you.

When you wipe the brush away from you then all the colour is already on the side of the brush you will be using ... No need to twist it round etc. Very efficient. Very clean.

Good thinking! ;) x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

Fortunately I don't need to clean up too much, I work cleanly. it's only the odd occasion the brush doesn't go back in the bottle when having a clumsy day etc.

I have more problems with my gel bond though. I clean up as much as possible and even have added Solar Oil around the thread area, but the product keeps leaking from the nozzle! I'm even standing this upright and I've had to use the good old hot water trick to get this lid off. Infuriating!

I demonstrate this to all of my clients purchasing VINYLUX, and they all say it's like a "lightbulb" moment with regards to what they have previously be doing with their other polishes and the lids/threads getting covered in polish. A simple trick that can make a world of difference xx

Fortunately I don't need to clean up too much, I work cleanly. it's only the odd occasion the brush doesn't go back in the bottle when having a clumsy day etc.

I have more problems with my gel bond though. I clean up as much as possible and even have added Solar Oil around the thread area, but the product keeps leaking from the nozzle! I'm even standing this upright and I've had to use the good old hot water trick to get this lid off. Infuriating!

Well there is a very simple trick for that too and I never use Solar Oil around the neck of GelBond tube and never get the lid stuck. :biggrin:

You should not squeeze GelBond from the lower half of the tube.

GelBond is not toothpaste. When you use toothpaste you want the paste right at the top every time; so you squeeze the tube from the bottom to get all the air out to keep it there right?

With adhesive you don't want the adhesive under pressure at the top of the nozzle! You need some air in the tube so the adhesive is sucked back down into the tube when you are finished using it, otherwise the adhesive will keep coming out of the nozzle into the lid and get all stuck ..... which is what is happening to you. Keeping the tube upright won't make a scrap of difference. The pressure in the tube will keep pushing the adhesive out!

Solution; Gently squeeze GelBond from the top half of the tube and as soon as you stop squeezing, it will go back down the nozzle and back into the tube again! Then wipe any excess off the nozzle and screw the lid on nice and tight and there will be no more leaking.

It's really simple physics if you think about it.

Last edited:
I knew as soon as I'd squeezed it the first time, I shouldn't have done it like that, auto pilot was on.

Next tube I will know different.

Thanks Gigi.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back