Do you need a certain flair for hairdressing??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gemmamarie

Reaction score
Hello All:)

I am having a bit of a 30 life crisis!!! and I am thinking about maybe starting to do hairdressing next year at college. I am a Beauty therapist and I think that combining the two may work well together for my mobile business in the long run:)
My worry is that I have always thought that you need that special kind of flair built in you for hairdressing?? Do you professionals think that this is the case?
I watch my hairdresser cut groovy styles whilst I am waiting and I think "god she makes it look so easy"
If I am so worried about this do you think that maybe I am not the right person for it or do you think its a perfectly normal worry to have??:rolleyes:

Thankyou for your time geeks xx:hug:xx

I am nearly 35 and in january i descided i wanted to do hairdressing too(I start on the 3rd of sept mature level 1 and 2)
, I have never cut peoples hair or even dyed it for friends...but i knew how utterly important my hair is too me and it can make me or break my mood and i love being creative i allways have...whether it be art (i wanted to be a draughtswoman) nails nail art make up clothes etc.......i have put my own hair through the mill...I dont know if i have a natural flare i dont think i will know if i have the flair until i start college ...but what i know is it really fasinates me........and i would love to become a hairdresser someone who can totally change someones personality, mood and confidence with the outcome of styling , colouring and cutting someones hair......
Have your midlife....midlife is great i have been having mine for 5 years...and there is no let up of it...pmsl

I too am almost 30 and I am enrolling in a hairdressing course to start in January ....I was actually offered a trainee job in Saks when I left school (YTS back then) as I worked for them from the age of 13...its where my whole passion for the hair and beauty industry came from....Yes you do need a certain flair and that tends to come from an interest and a passion....which you claerly have or else you wouldnt be interested in it!!

Thanx guys for your great advice:)
You have really installed some faith and self esteem into me again:hug:

Hello All:)

I am having a bit of a 30 life crisis!!! and I am thinking about maybe starting to do hairdressing next year at college. I am a Beauty therapist and I think that combining the two may work well together for my mobile business in the long run:)
My worry is that I have always thought that you need that special kind of flair built in you for hairdressing?? Do you professionals think that this is the case?
I watch my hairdresser cut groovy styles whilst I am waiting and I think "god she makes it look so easy"
If I am so worried about this do you think that maybe I am not the right person for it or do you think its a perfectly normal worry to have??:rolleyes:

Thankyou for your time geeks xx:hug:xx

Hello
I would say if you are watching and looking then you are most definitely interested , also to be concerned shows that you will pay attention to detail and that makes a good hairdresser , give it a whirl ,
You may feel unnerved at first but don't worry we all felt like this too,
good luck:hug:

Latest posts

Back