do you need a separate licence for waxing?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lisa caputo

Reaction score
do you need a sep. lic. for waxing. mine was included in my nails but they werent around to answer any questions

do you need a sep. lic. for waxing. mine was included in my nails but they werent around to answer any questions

a lic. ??? whats that?

I think she means a licence?

A license ! Hth

Hun pm one of the mods to move this to skin geek,it's likely you have not got your answer as it may have been missed because it's in the wrong forum,hth :hug:

Edited to add >>> glad you got your answer hun :hug:

I shouldnt think you need a special licence if you are trained and insured that is fine. That it all i have so i hope you dont! hthx

You dont need any type of license to carry out waxing,as long as you have a recognised waxing qualification and you are insured that is all that is needed.HTH

Hi Lisa,

As long as you are properly qualified and insured you should be fine.

Licences are generally only required for ear and body piercing, electrolysis and body massage.

Hope this helps.

oops...i shouldve read that properly

mmmm i got told you only need a licence for ear and body piercing, electrolysis

I havent ever heard of needing a licence for body massage, is this a new thing?

I havent ever heard of needing a licence for body massage, is this a new thing?

I don't know about in your area but here in Birmingham I have to have a licence for body massage I also have a licence just because I have a couple of sunbeds .
I have to renew these evey year at a cost of £224.00

Ruby

I don't know about in your area but here in Birmingham I have to have a licence for body massage I also have a licence just because I have a couple of sunbeds .
I have to renew these evey year at a cost of £224.00

Ruby
Hi Ruby,can I ask why you would need a license for massage?What are your councils reasons behind this?

We dont need licence in fareham and I have never heard of ever needing one anywhere(well,in England anyway)

The only things we need one is as already mentioned,anything involving needles,this would obviously be on top of your normal insurance and qualifications.

here in the states, you need a waxing licence or a nail licence with a licenced hair dresser in the building.
i know, makes no sense!
oh, over here too, you need a licence to do nails but not for tattooing!
that's soooooo backwards! they deal with 99.999% more blood than we could ever imagine!!

kathleen
My Nails Rock!

Latest posts

Back