Do you need to be trained to offer cluster lashes?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lisa.sharrock

Reaction score
as title says?

I have a friend who's a therapist and she says she's self taught. I told her that if she wasn't qualified in cluster lashes her insurance would be invalid and just want to check I've given the correct information?

Spot on. You're putting glue very near the eye area, and if she has no certificate of training on an accredited course, she has no insurance. As has been said on here before, some insurance companies don't ask to see a certificate before they insure you, so you can have an insurance document saying you're insured, and instilling confidence in the public, and to all intents and purposes you LOOK insured - until you try to make a claim. they then ask to see your certificate - no certificate, no insurance!

Spot on. You're putting glue very near the eye area, and if she has no certificate of training on an accredited course, she has no insurance. As has been said on here before, some insurance companies don't ask to see a certificate before they insure you, so you can have an insurance document saying you're insured, and instilling confidence in the public, and to all intents and purposes you LOOK insured - until you try to make a claim. they then ask to see your certificate - no certificate, no insurance!

Thanks for clarifying that. :biggrin:

Great, just wanted to check. I did say exactly what you said that she was putting glue near an eye and if there were any problems she could risk getting sued up to her neck.

I know this sounds harsh but I just don't understand how people are operating in business without knowing the basics.

Latest posts

Back