Do you pay attention to nails on TV shows?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailnewbie32

Reaction score
Actually I'm not sure if this belongs here or chit chat, so a higher power please feel free to move and slap me on the wrist if neccessay :)

I just realised I do this. I try to figure out if it's gel/acrylic/tipped/sculpted/shellac/minx when I spot someone with nice nails on tv. It's mad! 10 months ago I would have thought 'nice nails' but nothing more, now I want to KNOW what kind of nails they have.

Someone else please tell me I'm not a total nut job! :D

Nope I do this too! Especially on 'the only way is Essex' all the girls have their nails done lol

I do it all the time too! Annoy my other half by saying oh look she's wearing shellac! Lol

Snap! I only watched BGT finals to work out which minx Amanda Holden was wearing!! I'm sure it was golden studs!!!

yep. I cant help myself!

I do it too, it's a good way of keeping up with fashions and colours :) ...I'm just a nail addict - can't believe how many people wear chipped/scuffed polish, yak!

Lol, I didn't see this and just posted a similar topic about not being able to stop looking at hands and feet wherever I go!!!! :D you're not alone :wink2:

Cool !! Im not strange. !!

I am training at the moment but am always checking out peoples nails, and looking at colours and ideas to do lol.

Im off to do the weekly shop in a mo, going to be looking for some varnish too so I can do my first attempt at marbling, messy fun this afternoon lol:D

I do this too :D but I find myself also looking at hands and feet of people just on the street or in shops - they probably think I am weird! I was on holiday in Strasbourg last weekend and the waitress in the restaurant we went to had badly chipped red polish and I couldn't stop looking at them!! I really wanted to suggest Shellac or mani-q to her but thought I would come across rude :o

All the time! On TV, in films, out and about. People must think I'm weird because I talk to them but look at their nails.

Oh I am sooooo happy to see I'm normal!

Oh I also find myself staring at peoples hands when I'm out and about. Also their face to see what skin type they have :D

All the time! On TV, in films, out and about. People must think I'm weird because I talk to them but look at their nails.

It's hard though when they have chipped polish or neglected nails, you just want to fix them!

I am guilty of this too.

I think because nails, beauty etc is what we do, we cant help but zoom into this.

I am also really bad at checking out peoples eyebrows too! :D

I especially do this when out looking down at people's feet thinking would it be rude to hand them a business card so I can sort out their chipped polish/rough skin/overgrown cuticles!

I've seen some poor feet in flip flops that could do with some TLC over the past few weeks.

Yes!! I do this too. I also tend to stare at people when I'm out and wonder if they have gel/l&P/shellac on. Makes me feel creepy, but hey, I just love what I do LOL

I've seen some poor feet in flip flops that could do with some TLC over the past few weeks.

I know, right? Trust me though, walking up and handing them your business card may seem like a great idea but you'd be amazed how indignant some people can be. I'm just trying to make the world a prettier place, people! One crusty foot at a time!

This makes me feel really sad, I've just recently started out and am seeing this all over the place.

I know we are in difficult times and not all people can afford to be going to the salon every 2 weeks but it's not hard to buy a hoop stick, a nail file and a bottle of polish...

I do this also.

This morning on This Morning lol.. Amy Childs from The Only Way Is Essex was showing some fashion looks and I was looking at the models nails when they zoomed in. Two of them had Minx on, Gold & Sliver Lightning on both their fingers and toes. :o

I know, right? Trust me though, walking up and handing them your business card may seem like a great idea but you'd be amazed how indignant some people can be. I'm just trying to make the world a prettier place, people! One crusty foot at a time!

That made me laugh!

Latest posts

Back