Do you pay rent if not in a salon?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elfprincessem

Reaction score
Hello everyone, i need some advice, i rent space within a salon 2 days a week, and havent signed any sort of contract, if I dont go into the salon (if I have no bookings for instance), should I still be expected to pay?

Thanks in advance all

Do you get charged a percentage based on how many treatments you do a day? or do you pay the same amount every week/month? When I rented a room I paid a certain amount every month regardless of how busy or quiet I was. You should ask the owner of the company to be on safe side xx

Thanks Blush, well my days differ, sometimes i do two, sometimes three, and i pay a set rate every week, and then give a percentage of what I take too.

Thanks

When I rented space I always paid if I decided not to go to the salon. If I rented space, I would also expect to be paid regardless of whether or not the therapist chose to go in on particular days or not.

I think it is vital for both parties that you have an agreement drawn up.

Hi, just curious as to why you would pay a set rent and at the same time give a percentage of what you earn? I thought the purpose of paying a rent is to be able to keep every pennies you've earned. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks.

Hi, just curious as to why you would pay a set rent and at the same time give a percentage of what you earn? I thought the purpose of paying a rent is to be able to keep every pennies you've earned. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks.

I would imagine that the set rent is for a small amount and the % is also lower then if you were just paying a % and reflects how busy the renter becomes, so in the begining when you are quiet with only a few clients you don't have find a huge amount of money and as you get busier and start reflecting the sort of earnings that the area/ shop comands the owner is also getting a fare deal.
But for the origional question, yes I would expect to pay the same amount rent regardless of whether I chose to be there or not, after all the owner cant make use of the space when you are not there.

Of course you would have to pay the rent for the number of days you have rented the room for. You cannot expect the salon owner to reserve the room for you free of charge just in case you have any clients that day.

I would suggest that you could maybe do some mobile work or work from home if you don't have enough clients to cover your rent, that way there would be no outlay if you have no work. :green:

i pay a set rent in the salon every week, this still has to be paid if im on holiday ect ect!

I pay a set rent for my room in a salon. I pay a set rate on a full time basis to secure my room for the whole week whether i work it or not. Luckily i am able to work full time including some late nights so i can earn my weeks rent in a day, so if i don't work the odd day it does't matter and my room is secured from other techs that may be lurking and looking for work.
In my last place of work, i was at a nail desk within the reception area and that was a set rent per day, and she only charged me the days i worked, if i didn't have any clients i never went in and never payed rent for that day, i didn't pay rent if i chose to take any days off either. That was her agreement. They were crafty though and managed to book me at least 1 client per day so they didn't miss out, it wasn't hardly worth me getting out of bed for 1 client after i payed out petrol, product and rent costs. Soin the end i got crafty too and started blocking out days in my appointment book and writing 'open up only if other days are full' :lol:

I rent rooms from 2 different businesses and have 2 set ups.

the first one I pay a monthly rent regardless of how little or often I am there, and it goes out by standing order so I pay when I'm on holiday, when I'm ill or quiet.

the second one I pay a % of every treatment I do, so if someone doesn't turn up, I am not out of pocket, if I have a gap I don't pay for that dead time.

think I prefer the first one to be honest.

Latest posts

Back