Do you pinch?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Forgive me,i no longer subscribe

However proper product placement in (zone 2 /stress area/apex) gives the strength,surely it is better to achieve this by zone sculpting ???

Yep I would have thought so too. . .

however, as I said lol, I've had it with these two, I'm at my wits' end with them. You would think they were a couple of bricklayers:lol:

Pmsl

I just can't see (bear in mind i didn't read it) how it can be better than zone scuplting on your clients iykwim :eek: lol

How is stronger ?

I'm not saying it's not worth a try,just that it contradicts what i thought i knew lol

Hi All

Thought I would put my thoughts forward.

I do pinch Not all the time only when I feel the need to. Personal my own nails look better when pinched only because I have a natural curvy nail.

When I pinch clients nails when sculpting I use the MAGIC WAND from Young Nails this dose the job perfect for me.

www.youngnails.co.uk:hug:

Ah but does it (in your opinion) make them stronger ?

Why would pinching or not pinching make them stronger/weaker?
The strength is in the overall shape and apex, is it not?
If the nail is balanced and the apex placed correctly......... then it should be strong.

What does a lighter or tighter c-curve change in terms of strength of the nail?

I would "think" that pinching, in some cases, wouldn't be adviseable. Particularly if done on someone with flat nails and the stress it might cause to the natural nail itself, by forcing it into an "Un-natural" shape.

But what do I know? I don't do L&P. Only know what I read. Just taking a shot in the dark here.

Why would pinching or not pinching make them stronger/weaker?
The strength is in the overall shape and apex, is it not?
If the nail is balanced and the apex placed correctly......... then it should be strong.

What does a lighter or tighter c-curve change in terms of strength of the nail?

I would "think" that pinching, in some cases, wouldn't be adviseable. Particularly if done on someone with flat nails and the stress it might cause to the natural nail itself, by forcing it into an "Un-natural" shape.

But what do I know? I don't do L&P. Only know what I read. Just taking a shot in the dark here.

I couldnt have put it any better,:hug:

i dont pinch i personally have never felt the need to.
.......(only the odd male bottom on a vodka infuelled night out)......thats the only time i pinch.

i dont pinch i personally have never felt the need to.
.......(only the odd male bottom on a vodka infuelled night out)......thats the only time i pinch.[/quote]

:Grope:

ROFL

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Pinching doesn't alter the placement of your apex, that's down to your product placement.

I really don't know if it makes for a stronger nail or not, if well structured a nail will be strong whether pinched or not.

I'm no archietect or into geometry but if you look at say a flat bridge and a bridge with an arch, the bridge with the arch can bear more weight so this could be where the strength argument comes in to play.

I think there might be a bit of confusion here about pinching for salon work and extreme pinching for competition work, they are completely different.

Pinching doesn't alter the placement of your apex, that's down to your product placement.

I really don't know if it makes for a stronger nail or not, if well structured a nail will be strong whether pinched or not.

I'm no archietect or into geometry but if you look at say a flat bridge and a bridge with an arch, the bridge with the arch can bear more weight so this could be where the strength argument comes in to play.

I think there might be a bit of confusion here about pinching for salon work and extreme pinching for competition work, they are completely different.
I was kind of thinking along the same lines, in so much as a flat roof couldn't bear as much weight as a corrugated roof, so perhaps that is why some say that it will give you more strength, and theoretically you can see why that would make sense.

Personally I don't pinch, having said that, my nails fan at the free edge and I have often been tempted to use pinching sticks to bring the hips in.

In the salon I pinch tips and sculpture, depending on the client's nail bed. If a client has huge nails I pinch the product for a sleeker/slimline look. It makes the fingers appear slender and softer on the eyes. Thin out tips before application of acrylic. Never over pinch, it is uncomfortable and painful, and your client will have the risk of her nails separating from the nail bed. I like to use the dowl set from Odyssey Nail Systems when I pinch. It is a excellent tool for competitions aswell. And then of course, the nails are stronger when it is pinched, A flat nail breaks a lot easier than a 33% pinched nail. Good luck!

Latest posts

Back