Do you polish the back of the nail?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
to polish the ends of the nail or not...to me, it's whichever the client wants.
as for polishing the underside, i've only done it to myself, on my long thumbnail.
i have let it grow so long, i do designs on the back.
check them out on my site under "my thumbnail obsession".

thanks,
kathleen
My Nails Rock!

It's a pig getting the polish off from the underside, any tips?
Same as Katelisa ~ orange wood stick tipped with cotton wool and SOAKED in nail polish remover. If I'm doing a very bright colour (like red for example) I take it off the skin after painting each nail. It does take me longer and I think you should charge extra for it xx

No I would only apply a top coat over glitter acrylic etc on the underside of the nails.
If you want a nail to look like it has a coloured enamel underneath put a thin coat of your chosen coloured acylic underneath another colour and it can look pretty good.

Yeah, def. do underneath, then the 8 to 10 strokes (only if using Jessica) and then seal it in (or cap it if you prefer). I agree, I personally wouldn't do it on my own nails cos it does make them look a little strange. I tell my clients that they should have their polish changed at least every 2 weeks because by then the base coat has been absorbed by the nail so the pigments from the colour polish are starting to be absorbed too. This is apparently what causes discolouration to the nails and they can start to turn yellow. I only do manicures on natural nails though so I don't know how it works on artificial nails xx

Sorry, but I am confused :irked: Can someone please explain to me how the nail is able to asorb the basecoat and then the pigment of the polish? I thought they turn yellow as a stain from the dark pigments and that is why a base coat is used. I leave polish on my toes for a month before I change the color even longer sometimes but they dont discolor.

Sorry, but I am confused :irked: Can someone please explain to me how the nail is able to asorb the basecoat and then the pigment of the polish? I thought they turn yellow as a stain from the dark pigments and that is why a base coat is used. I leave polish on my toes for a month before I change the color even longer sometimes but they dont discolor.

As far as I know the basecoat doesn't get absorbed by the nail. ??

Latest posts

Back