Do you practice what you preach?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Abbie101

Reaction score
Just wondering how many actually practice what we preach? I'm really bad an I don't, I use baby wipes to remove make up even though I tell clients you should cleanse with facial cleanser etc. I don't apply oil to my enhancements or wear gloves when washing up etc. I don't exfoliate before a spray tan.
So just of out curiosity how many of you do? X

Yep I hardly ever do treatments and I always straighten my hair... Really need to take my own advice :/

I'm really bad with the cuticle oil and never wear gloves when washing up! I sometimes don't even wear basecoat if I have to quickly put polish on for a night out. Don't tell anyone!!!

I'm really bad with the cuticle oil and never wear gloves when washing up! I sometimes don't even wear basecoat if I have to quickly put polish on for a night out. Don't tell anyone!!!

I'm the same if I have 5 mins before taxi etc ill just quickly put the colour on an have a minute or so to dry lol

Very rarely use solar oil :( however I am quite good with my skin care because I want to look after it, never wear gloves etc

I didn't but then had a trip to see a friend and wasn't wiping my nails after using suncream & hadn't used any oil for months. Probably years. My gel really suffered so when I went to Turkey I was really good wiping my nails and using my oil - the result was 9 perfect nails (1 lost an argument with a holdall wedged into the bottom of the pushchair halfway through the holiday grrr). I too use face wipes and use aldi moisturiser but I tell clients I use the facial range we use in salon.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Im very bad.

I dont use my SO, I pick my shellac off. I dont prep before a tan, I don't pep my own nails for shellac.

Im really bad but always nag my clients.

Laura x

I always practice what I preach as regards beauty, mainly because I believe what I say, that and the fact that I have no desire to look like some wrinkly old harridan!

Yes I do. If I don't follow my own advice then why would clients and I expect clients to take me seriously xx

I didn't but then had a trip to see a friend and wasn't wiping my nails after using suncream & hadn't used any oil for months. Probably years. My gel really suffered so when I went to Turkey I was really good wiping my nails and using my oil - the result was 9 perfect nails (1 lost an argument with a holdall wedged into the bottom of the pushchair halfway through the holiday grrr). I too use face wipes and use aldi moisturiser but I tell clients I use the facial range we use in salon.

Wipes and Aldi moisturiser for me too! But I don't do facials, only nails, so I'm excused from that one. Lol x

Oh my god im so glad im not the only one.
Normally I use Eve Taylor cleanser, toner, moisturiser and oil.
Butttt.. when I have a late night and im tired I just use wipes!!

Always practice what I preach. In order to effectively sell your products you have to use it to be a true believer :)

Wipes and Aldi moisturiser for me too! But I don't do facials, only nails, so I'm excused from that one. Lol x

Although aldi moisturiser did get loads of hype a while back & you couldn't get it. Its apparently amazing lol

Afraid I'm a practice what you preach guy lol.

I never go without proper cleaning as I see it as a bedtime wind down ritual...bit like brushing your teeth.

And don't get me started on the products I use, layering, etc. I probably have enough to stock out a department store :)

So yep, personally I'm of the ilk you should practice what you preach as it'll pay dividends with your skin, and you and your clients can relate on a retail level too.

Afraid I'm a practice what you preach guy lol.

I never go without proper cleaning as I see it as a bedtime wind down ritual...bit like brushing your teeth.

And don't get me started on the products I use, layering, etc. I probably have enough to stock out a department store :)

So yep, personally I'm of the ilk you should practice what you preach as it'll pay dividends with your skin, and you and your clients can relate on a retail level too.

Me too! Retail is a large part of my business and you are your best advert. Good healthy natural skin for your age is important. x

I would love to be able too and I always say right I'm going to start cleansing my face properly I do it for a few days then back to baby wipes 😁 x

9 out of 10 times I always do just now I am trying to train my hair...its so hard lol. I need to start drinking more water but I am quite good to be honest :) x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back