Do you remember your first client?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tiffurz

Reaction score
Does anyone remember their first client? (non family/friend) What was it like and how did you feel?

I'm newly qualified to do gels and have got everything ready to go, the only thing holding me back is my anxiety/ maybe confidence? The thought of going to a strangers house and the judgement i might recieve makes me cringe, however i think i might be overthinking it lol!

Yes I do!! My first ever client I **** myself with nerves!! And the job itself was horrendous!! My client was my old college tutor and I felt her eyes staring the whole time! It made me so nervous My second client knew I was nervous and was lovely.
At my new job since October this year I mainly do nails. (I believe this is my thing) I have done 73 nail paints since I started and at first used to be the most dreaded thing, I love it now. If it wasn’t for the most kindest and patient clients I’ve had in the past I would of cried and given up ages ago.

Best advice is to just practice practice practice! I promise you it does get easier the more you do it x

My first client was horrible and complained about what I did even though I did what she asked?! I had to remove gel from another salon which would not budge and she complained the whole time that she was on her lunch break and I was taking too long. After that I refused to remove gel that wasn’t put on at our salon unless they were booked out for extra time

My first client had a manicure with the most unforgiving plum coloured polish and the worst rock hard cuticles you can imagine. Luckily for me she is still my client now. My application is much improved but alas, her cuticles are not despite constant nagging about oil and hand cream!

I’m loving reading some of these experiences!

My first client, who was also my first model, managed to slide partially off the road during a particularly hard winter early 2018. It was dark and she called me in a panic to say she wouldn't make it on time because she couldn't get her car to budge due to the ice.
I felt horrible that this happened to her on her way to see me, so I drove out armed with a bag of sand to find her. It took around half an hour but we did manage to get her car back on the road and we went and did her nails, my first set on a stranger ever (which took more than 4 hours..) and she came back many times after that.

My first paying client was a lovely chatty lady who had French gel extensions and was delighted with them! Unfortunately I was so nervous and preoccupied for the entire day before her evening appointment that I managed to crash my car and went up the back of a lovely Jaguar [emoji15] not a scratch on his but my fiesta was a little bent! He rang me up the next day to see how I was which I thought was lovely [emoji4].

I had my official first paying non-friend client today. She was a lovely lady, very chatty. She has already booked her next appt and she seems pleased with the work done....however I have to admit I was rather stressed the day before about the booking. E

I had my official first paying non-friend client today. She was a lovely lady, very chatty. She has already booked her next appt and she seems pleased with the work done....however I have to admit I was rather stressed the day before about the booking. E

Omg! How exciting I’m glad she was lovely! Well done for keeping yourself together lol [emoji5]

My first client still comes to me now and is a lovely lady.
It’s perfectly natural to feel anxious especially being mobile as it’s unknown with every new appointment. The sooner you jump in the sooner you’re nerves will ease and you’ll enjoy it.
Good luck

My first paying client was a child care worker.
She would come to appointments with brown muck under her nails claiming it was modelling clay.
She would ask question after question after question about why I was doing this and that. Then proceed to tell me she had a 'nail drill' at home and cuticle nippers which she used to remove her nail from underneath.
I persevered for maybe 6 visits. Towards the end she would say she's always wanted to do a nail course..... I encouraged her to look into it.
Eventually she stopped coming, claiming she was going to do her own nails.
By this stage I didn't care because she was just using me for information and I was glad to see the back end of her.

My first client still comes to me now and is a lovely lady.
It’s perfectly natural to feel anxious especially being mobile as it’s unknown with every new appointment. The sooner you jump in the sooner you’re nerves will ease and you’ll enjoy it.
Good luck

Very true, I think half of it is the fear of the unknown. Thankyou so much

I had to really think about it but it was a lady that travelled 2hrs for a tan when I passed my course and did a £5 tan listing for models so I could cover some costs. She was really lovely so it was a great start to business life :)

Latest posts

Back