Do you remove in grown hairs when waxing?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aquariushoney

Reaction score
I sometimes remove ingrown hairs by flicking them up with sharp tweezers after waxing, and pulling them out.
How long should I spend doing this after waxing? Some clients do not use their after care and have LOTS of surface ingrowns which really spoil the effect of the waxing.

Donna

I use mediacal lances to remove deep rooted hairs or sharp needles. It depends on the client, and how many they have and how deep the hairs are! Use your own judgement, but if your going over your next clients appointment then theirs only so much you can do!

Kate

You can gently squeeze the offending hair with tissues wrapped around your fingers then pull out with the tweezers.

I have to say - I love them!!!

I'm sure I read from Kim that by all means expose the ingrown hair, but don't tweeze it out. Not certain whether I dreamed it though!

I'm sure I read from Kim that by all means expose the ingrown hair, but don't tweeze it out. Not certain whether I dreamed it though!

I think she meant if the client exposes the ingrown hair, they're not to pull it out, but to leave it for their next waxing appointment, so all the hairs come out together.
I'd do it if they only had a few, but if they've got loads, then they're obviously not doing their aftercare properly. It's the client's responsibility to make sure they follow through on aftercare, not mine. I explain it all thoroughly to them, give them a leaflet with it all written down and explain what will happen if they don't do it. So they've no excuse really, lol!

Yes, I did mean to just release the hair and not pull it out but that takes willpower...........of which I have none. So, release the hair and pull it out. Don't dig away at it though. ENJOY!

Goes without saying that you make sure that your tools are cleaned thoroughly before and after. xxx

Im doing my level 2 beauty,and have just finnished my waxing,is there some good after care advice you could give me so i can put that bit extra care to my clients please?
Any tips/advice would be great sorry to jump thread x

I would try and remove as many ingrown hairs as I can during the treatment, use hard/hot wax on most areas, so while that is 'setting' I'll try and get a few out with a tissue, but only if they want to come out easy enough
I dont want to be piercing skin or leaving a big red mark, I often advise clients with lots of ingrowns the 'ingro go' from skindoctors, and exfoliate and moisturise and so on and so on.

Yes, I have to admit, I get a far amount of satisfaction when removing ingrown hairs.

:hug:
Hi there

I teach waxing at adult Education ITEC level. an have done for some time.
Yes you can remove ingrown hairs with a milia needle but it must be from a sterile pack, if the client has a lot of ingrowns you must advise them to moisturise and exfoliate on a regular basis.

TIP; If the hair is infected and there is a red spot around the hair I use a Q tip end of T tree after removal to ensure the area stays sterile and to aid healing.

As for gouging with medical lances to remove deep rooted hairs or sharp needles, I don’t think so.!!!!!!!! Boy I hope they are fully sterilised and have you ever considered scarring.

Top tip for you new starters

Clean and easy after wax with alovera is a great finish to any treatment and all clients appreciate a short leg massage when you finish this area. It lifts you above the average therapist.

Good luck to all

Latest posts

Back