Do you rent or rent out a beauty room?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mimo9

Reaction score
Hoping that you can answer some of my questions re renting out some of the space in our newly extended tanning salon. We want different therapists bringing different things throughout the week, things that we don't or can't currently offer and so far have already agreed rent with a fab HD Brow girl, an intimate waxing girl and a nail tech. So....what is the best way for us to take their rental...monthly in advance...or???? And best way for them to take payments from their clients if they haven't got a card reader as they shouldn't use ours for a variety of reasons. If they do occasionally have an emergency and have to use our reader is it a major problem? How do other salons work around these things? And do I have to provide couch roll and towels etc as part of the rental or should they bring their own. Their rental will obviously be inclusive of water, electric etc but does it have to include anything else? Oh and how do we manage appointments for them?? Oh god my head is buzzing. Any help appreciated.:confused:

I rent 2 rooms and my rent includes heating, water, rates, telephone, bins, tea coffee,etc
I buy all of my products and stock. I only take cash or cheques but occasionally use the hair salon card machine and just get the cash back for it. I have my own app book which my staff and I manage.
Good luck. X

Thanks for the reply. I plan to do exactly as you say and include all of the things you mention. right down to tea and coffee. Just not sure about things like couch roll etc. I'm pretty sure most of them will carry a full kit of stuff but think I'll need to provide couch roll as can't expect them to carry one of those everywhere...or am I wrong??

I rent a beauty room out, and my therapist pays for all her own stock products couch roll wax etc, her rent covers the cost of all other amenities like heating water telephone bills etc, she has her own portable card reader as well,
She uses my phone line which can cause a few issues especially as she's only part time and it sometime feels like we are her receptionist, (something I need to work on)
I guess it depends in the agreement you have with the girls,

I buy my couch roll, all stock and products. X

I rent a beauty room out, and my therapist pays for all her own stock products couch roll wax etc, her rent covers the cost of all other amenities like heating water telephone bills etc, she has her own portable card reader as well,
She uses my phone line which can cause a few issues especially as she's only part time and it sometime feels like we are her receptionist, (something I need to work on)
I guess it depends in the agreement you have with the girls,

Thank you! Do you by any chance have an agreement that you could share with me? Need one asap that I can tailor to suit...or should I use a solicitor to get it right?? Not ideal as don't want to spend a fortune but want to do things properly. x

Hi sorry just spotted your reply, we did an agreement 8 years ago and haven't signed anything since
I think iv just been lucky that we have all agreed with ever think
I'm sure if you just write something up on the computer and get both if you to sign it, it would stand as an agreement

Hi sorry just spotted your reply, we did an agreement 8 years ago and haven't signed anything since
I think iv just been lucky that we have all agreed with ever think
I'm sure if you just write something up on the computer and get both if you to sign it, it would stand as an agreement

Fab thank you! There are a few that you can download from the internet so I'll check them out!! Hope I'm as lucky as you seem to be. :biggrin:

Latest posts

Back