Do you respect your partners privacy ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newatnails

Reaction score
:rolleyes:Going back to a thread I started earlier today, some people will know after reading it, I am having a few insecurities about my relationship with my partner a.t.m. He is making me very suspicious because I have noticed the last few weekends his phone always seems to be on silent, some days he keeps it on his person all the time, he lives away in the week and at least one night a week, I seem to struggle to get in touch with him, and he gives me excuses etc..., This is the second time this year this has happened, but not found anything out yet. Anyway, the point to this is - Would you go snooping in your partners personal emails/mobile phones/phone bills/bank statements/diaries - if you felt you needed to, or is me looking in his phone from time to time, totally out of order ? What is your opinion on this ?

if i was supicious then yes id snoop
but as im not , i dont!!lol
been there and done that so i understand what your trying to say, youre trying to justify your reasons for suspicion,
but if you want my opinion (if you dont then dont take it, )
but i would" ditch the dude, "
youre not happy now, so think of the future, there are lots of lovely ppl out there who would love to love and care for you and never dream of hurting you
you just got to find them
hth xxx

I hate to say this, but when your suspicious to the point you need to go snooping, there likely is something to make you feel so insecure. I haven't experienced this personally, but had friends in these situations, esp. when partner is often away, who are left asking, "did everyone know but me". I trust my partner and it would take a lot to shake that trust. However, I wouldn't hesitate to snoop if it helped me clarify things and move on!

Sorry to say this but from experince with my late father, ex boyfriends and my friends boyfriends, I would snoop. My boyfriend knows that if I ever suspected anything then I would snoop on him. I have always made that clear from the beginning. He laughs but so knows that I would.
These worries you have will not go away over night and you can drive yourself mad thinking about it. I know people will say that you should trust your partner, I do, but I think there is nothing wrong with showing an interest in what they do and not taking them for granted. But you can't let doubt eat you up.
I think the best thing for you to do first is talk about it with your partner. He may be able to give good reasons or even stop doing these and correct them.

Nope I never ever snoop. What the eye doesn't see the heart doesn't grieve over.
Plus.... I'm not that interested tbh:)
He's a guy....they always like their little secrets but if it bothers you dump him mate. They are like buses, theres always another one around the next corner.:hug:

Absolutely !!!! I wouldn't be taken for a mug. However, I would ONLY do this if I had reason to doubt him (which you have). AND..............I would do it good and proper. I'd gather all of my evidence whilst he suspected nothing. Then BAM !!!! Hit him with the lot when he's least expecting it and watch him squirm.

HE HAD IT COMING !!!!!

I have snooped and was proved right even though my ex husband swore till he was blue in the face he wasn't "playing away".

I would snoop again definitely.

And in London we even have long bendy ones now!! (buses :lol:!!!!)

I've been in your situation before......
But in answering the ? on this thread.....

I fully trust my spouse ...and know he would never hurt me purposely .....and I give the same respect to him......by him being able to trust me .......

No I would not snoop.....as I would not want my partner/ spouse to snoop on me.....
If you are feeling this way I'd suggest you just confront them and tell him of your insecurities.....and get it in the open......
your relationship will either get better .....or worse.....either way you will know where you stand.....and then you can make a move from there .......
wishing you well :hug:

I think if there is nothing to hide its not snooping, with us whoever collects the mail reads it, whoever lifts the mobile first reads the text out to the other. We dont keep diaries bu tif i had any suspicions and we did i wouldnt hesitate to look.

Yes I would snoop,
simple as that ....no explaination from me lol, just yes I would !

I once did though, on my phone bill was a odd number that came up again and again, at unusal times ...early in the morning or around midnightish ,
i reconised it, and thought mabey it was the taxi number, I presumed he was ringing taxi's and sneaking off when I was in bed,
I finally plucked up the courage to ring it ..
and
IT WAS THE KEBAB SHOP :o
we had been ordering late night pizza lol

I think if there is nothing to hide its not snooping, with us whoever collects the mail reads it, whoever lifts the mobile first reads the text out to the other. We dont keep diaries bu tif i had any suspicions and we did i wouldnt hesitate to look.

Absolutely agree with this.

And yes in your position to hell with it, of course I'd snoop. It's no good burying your head in the sand and pretending all's well when it clearly isn't. Don't worry about it hun, just do it . . . . you know you want to

My mates a real snooper and can manage to read things that aren't even there.
For example...she read a message to someone on her hubbys phone saying "what time Saturday....what should I get? Anything special?"
It was to my OH...we were having a bbq!
But he's got previous so she does feel the need to check these things.
Check away BUT be prepared to take action if you find something you really don't want to know about.
If you don't want to know then don't check.
It's a great diet though I must admit.
I lost about 3 stone in 2 weeks a few years ago.

No, first marriage I would have found something out but I divorced him.
This time round (nearly 20 years) I have no need to. If I was suspicious about anything I would not do anything until I had hard evidence - life is too short IMO

It's a great diet though I must admit.
I lost about 3 stone in 2 weeks a few years ago.

oooooohhh I can vouch for that one
I lost about 2 stone, in a few weeks , I felt flippin gorgeous, I went out wearing a skinny 15 year olds outfit, with NO BRA !!!!
I looked fab ,
soon put it all back on though when i got back with him :irked:

From personal experience (3 years on) It doesnt matter if you snoop or not, The truth will out! I didnt need to snoop to know what i felt in my heart to be true.. I feel for you mate, its terrible when you dont know where you stand.

P.S Do what i do.. Find a male that you can photoshop into your life!! they never hurt you! hehe!

I agree with this. I read BF's text messages, I pay the bills so I open the mail, go over the phone bill and check his bank account at least twice a week.
He doesn't have any privacy:lol:

Latest posts

Back