Do you say something when you see genital warts on clients?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prettyplease

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm new in the waxing salon business. My salon has been opened for almost a year now
I noticed that once in a while I will have a client who has genital warts, come to do Brazilian or Hollywood
or someone with extremely strong rotten smells which is different from usual smells (it must be bad infection) - for me it's looks like they need to see a gynecologist ASAP!!!

Do you tell them that they have problems? or say nothing? all along I choose to say nothing.
I think to tell them that they smells unusual probably not a good idea I don't want to point it out to embarrassed them and hurt their feelings.
but the STD's is what I concerned for them. Genital warts is HPV if they don't treat it, it might become cervix cancer.

in this case what do you guys do?

Thank you in advance for your reply.

PS.I keep my salon clean , wear gloves, disinfected all my tools and never double dipping

Honestly, If I was your client and didn't know I had warts I'd be grateful you told me! I have to assume they don't know, because the thought that they knew and came for an intimate wax anyway is pretty grim!
You don't have to say exactly what it is, just says it's something they might want to get checked.

Exactly why I wouldn’t do intimate waxing....
Sorry but I wouldn’t want to touch them if there was a hint of something a miss - I’d feel unable to broach the subject as it is extremely personal

I’d say to go to the gp. It could lead to cancer so it’s worth saying, if I had them I wouldn’t be whipping my bits out I’d be mortified (to let someone see) so I assume they don’t realise.

I'm not a waxer vut a quick Google shows STIs are a contraindication so no treatment should be taking place, and referral required, you'd obviously have to tell the client why you could not perform the service

I don’t wax them if they have warts or are especially smelly (more than you would generally expect)

I don’t wax them if they have warts or are especially smelly (more than you would generally expect)
How do you explain that to them? Must be a very awkward conversion!

How do you explain that to them? Must be a very awkward conversion!

I just say along the lines of ‘it appears you have a contraindication that means I cannot complete this treatment for you and I advise you see your go before we can treat you’ I have not had anyone ask yet the problem and most of them are fine and I usually offer an alternative treatment that doesn’t involve the area

I agree with scrubadub above I don’t wax anyone with any sort of vaginal health problem. I tell them that I’m not a qualified GP so I can’t diagnose but either from the smell or look of the skin they are contraindicated to have today’s waxing treatment and they should pop along to their GP or local sexual health clinic to go get themselves checked over. Tell them this is all part and parcel of your job and you have a duty to your client to make sure you look after them in all ways including contraindications to treatment. If I were working on the feet and saw verrucas or a fungal toenail I would have to do the same. If someone’s coming to you for an intimate wax I’m afraid that sometimes embarrassing moments crop up and we as therapist have to handle it professionally, politely and kindly and the client needs to understand that as well. We’re all adults. But let’s face it talking about someone else’s vagina will always be awkward but you just have to hope that the client is grateful you’ve looked out for her, for yourself and the safety of all your other waxing clients. Tell her once she’s got herself checked over you’ll look forward to her booking back in. Just be friendly and relaxed and confident and hopefully your client will feed off of your positive vibes. Good luck!!

Gosh, I'm feeling frightfully posh and middle class - I almost never have this happen.

I just ask if their skin is feeling comfortable or if it is a bit sore or itchy. When they say that everything feels normal, I just say that their skin looks a bit irritated and fragile and I don't want to wax as I might damage their skin, and so they need a check up to rule out any issues.

If they ask me to wax around the problem area, I say regretfully that I can't because there's no way to know in advance whether their skin will lift off in patches and I won't take the risk because this would be negligent.

Being of an older and more innocent generation, I was helpfully pointing out part healed masturbation tears long before I realised how these were caused...when i finally figured it out, I decided to just carry on being concerned for them and matter of fact in a friendly, approachable way.

I give advice about subclinical thrush - (something which is developing but not yet requiring medical intervention) and it's always gratefully received.

I've never yet told someone that they don't know how to wipe their bum properly - and that's my biggest eweugh.

I've never yet told someone that they don't know how to wipe their bum properly - and that's my biggest eweugh.
I never, not for a second, thought that might be an issue in waxing! :eek: I guess I'm of an older and more innocent age too!

Gosh, I'm feeling frightfully posh and middle class - I almost never have this happen.

I just ask if their skin is feeling comfortable or if it is a bit sore or itchy. When they say that everything feels normal, I just say that their skin looks a bit irritated and fragile and I don't want to wax as I might damage their skin, and so they need a check up to rule out any issues.

If they ask me to wax around the problem area, I say regretfully that I can't because there's no way to know in advance whether their skin will lift off in patches and I won't take the risk because this would be negligent.

Being of an older and more innocent generation, I was helpfully pointing out part healed masturbation tears long before I realised how these were caused...when i finally figured it out, I decided to just carry on being concerned for them and matter of fact in a friendly, approachable way.

I give advice about subclinical thrush - (something which is developing but not yet requiring medical intervention) and it's always gratefully received.

One of clients doesn’t wipe great and I always just go ‘I’m just going to wipe over the area to double check that the wax will stick’ some people are vile, I always wash before I go for waxing

One of clients doesn’t wipe great and I always just go ‘I’m just going to wipe over the area to double check that the wax will stick’ some people are vile, I always wash before I go for waxing
Seriously? Well handled, but poor you! If i ever went for an intimate wax I'd be ridiculously scrupulous in my personal hygiene before attending.

Seriously? Well handled, but poor you! If i ever went for an intimate wax I'd be ridiculously scrupulous in my personal hygiene before attending.

There isn’t loads just a little bit, she just isn’t the most thorough, she’s really nice and a regular so I know what I’m in for when she comes in

I was strongly contemplating doing the training until I read this thread. Sti’s are one thing but I’m not sure if I could stomach scrubadubs experience haha.

I was strongly contemplating doing the training until I read this thread. Sti’s are one thing but I’m not sure if I could stomach scrubadubs experience haha.

It is a bit grim but the majority of clients are fine and it is quite fun to do as there is lots of hair coming out

Happened once for me and in my case looked like she did't wipe it at all (she asked to use bathroom before waxing so it was fresh out of the toilet)....again I'm new in the business so I thought I'd rather be quiet so I wiped her ass twice without saying a word and then wax as usual.

Happened once for me and in my case looked like she did't wipe it at all (she asked to use bathroom before waxing so it was fresh out of the toilet)....again I'm new in the business so I thought I'd rather be quiet so I wiped her ass twice without saying a word and then wax as usual.
Oh god no! :eek: I laughed when I read that, but it's just so wrong! What was she thinking!?

Oh god no! :eek: I laughed when I read that, but it's just so wrong! What was she thinking!?

I had no idea why she didn't wipe, someone just don't do it because they feel disgusting I guess.
I was in shock but need to keep straight face and do it
Never thought I had to wipe the poo from anyone's bum before.

I’m glad I haven’t had anyone this bad!

Latest posts

Back