Do you say something when you see genital warts on clients?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happened once for me and in my case looked like she did't wipe it at all

Poor you. It happened once to my daughter and she's a very confident person but she didn't say anything because she didn't want to upset the client - and you would be wouldn't you, if you were that client?

Luckily this is quite rare. We give our clients an aloe Vera wipe and tell them to use it everywhere they have hair, front and back to "hydrate the skin and avoid the wax gripping too enthusiastically" most clients are keen to use it once they know it's in their best interests. Some girls are a bit baffled though, so we write notes to explain better next time "especially in the most delicate, intimate folds of the skin - that's where it's needed most"

I only do intimate and haven’t really had any issues like this. There was once a bit of dried poo but I just wiped. If someone has a bruise/lump/anything unusual I always mention it casually in case they didn’t know and need to get it checked. Not stis, usually chafing from pants!

Honestly, If I was your client and didn't know I had warts I'd be grateful you told me! I have to assume they don't know, because the thought that they knew and came for an intimate wax anyway is pretty grim!
You don't have to say exactly what it is, just says it's something they might want to get checked.

Your not allowed to diagnose as your not a doctor, however i would recommend they sought medical advice asap. Also I wouldn't wax as its a contra indication in my eyes.

Omg! So I was going to do intimate waxing with Kim lawless!

Not sure I want to now lol

Your not allowed to diagnose as your not a doctor, however i would recommend they sought medical advice asap. Also I wouldn't wax as its a contra indication in my eyes.
Not sure why you quoted me but yes, I am aware that a beauty therapist isn't a doctor. The OP recognised the condition thus making a rudimentary diagnosis. If you would recommend a client seek medical advice then you too have made a rudimentary diagnosis. I suggested that they mention it's something they might want to get checked.....precisely what you just reiterated, but with less sense of immediate urgency. Glad we're on the same page.

Not sure why you quoted me but yes, I am aware that a beauty therapist isn't a doctor. The OP recognised the condition thus making a rudimentary diagnosis. If you would recommend a client seek medical advice then you too have made a rudimentary diagnosis. I suggested that they mention it's something they might want to get checked.....precisely what you just reiterated, but with less sense of immediate urgency. Glad we're on the same page.
Sorry I didn't mean to quote you lol x

I had no idea why she didn't wipe, someone just don't do it because they feel disgusting I guess.
I was in shock but need to keep straight face and do it
Never thought I had to wipe the poo from anyone's bum before.

I kbow know this is an old thread but omg I cant believe some people thats minging! No way I would have wiped her backside for her I would have told her where to go we don't make enough for that - I hope u charged extra!

Latest posts

Back