Do you sculpt with Brisa gel?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CLUSKERM

Reaction score
Hello,
Have recently done Brisa course, and wondered whether, you prefer sculpting with gel or tipping? Have only done tip and overlay with white gel paint, is it worth doing sculpting , as sculpting with liquid and powder is a prefered option if the nail is long enough! Any comments, cheers!:)

yep. I don't have a lot of experience with gel, hope to remedy that soon. But I have sculpted a couple of nails with the BRiSA on myself.

Most defiantly Brisa is great for sculpting this is what it has been designed to do.
I haven't quite mastered it yet it is so different from L&P it takes a bit of practise:hug:

Have recently done Brisa course, and wondered whether, you prefer sculpting with gel or tipping? Have only done tip and overlay with white gel paint, is it worth doing sculpting , as sculpting with liquid and powder is a prefered option if the nail is long enough! Any comments
Now that I've mastered sculpting with Brisa gel I love it and much prefer it to tipping.

You can sculpt on mega short nails, they don't have to have length to sculpt.

Hi! I always skulpt hardly ever use tips... It´s faster, lower cost (i.e. no tips) and I loooove it (my clients to)

HTH :hug:

I have only used Brisa a few times but really do like to sculpt. I am still learning though - I did one on myself a few days ago and must of done the free edge too thin because when I removed the form it snapped off - oopps!

I would be interested to know, when sculpting with one colour for a natural look, which colour gel are people using? I have seen people with tipped gel nails that are not polished/forever french and they look lovely and and shiney.

On my nails though, without a tip (ie sculpted), I can see my free edge underneath and it just doesn't look right? The clear is too clear and the pink is too pink?

i have had my nails sculpted with brisa gel and i was very impressed

I would be interested to know, when sculpting with one colour for a natural look, which colour gel are people using? I have seen people with tipped gel nails that are not polished/forever french and they look lovely and and shiney.
I've done one colour sculptures before using Brisa French Pink in the Warm and the Cool shades, they are really natural looking.

I've done one colour sculptures before using Brisa French Pink in the Warm and the Cool shades, they are really natural looking.

It is the fact that you can really obviously see my own free edge underneath that looks wrong. (I have extended the length og my natural nail). Is there a technique to overcome this?

It is the fact that you can really obviously see my own free edge underneath that looks wrong. (I have extended the length of my natural nail). Is there a technique to overcome this?
To achieve a more natural look I've found that it's better to reduce the length of your natural nail before sculpting.
The opaqueness of the French Pink gels should be enough to stop your natural nail showing through though.

I sculpt with Brisa too, took a lot of practice but got there eventually. The main problem is getting the forms to fit perfectly. With liquid & powder you can sculpt slightly 'over' the form if it doesn't fit perfectly but with gel it settles into any gaps.

I currently only sculpt with french as I only have regular pink rather than the warm/cool tones and find it too clear on the free edge. I don't really have much demand for natural looking gel though, everyone who chooses gel tends to go for french, they like the 'polished' look that the paint on white gives.

The Clear Performance Forms are quite tricky to fit on most clients; it kinda requires a 'perfect' shape of a nail. Once you get it fitted, the gel is easy to apply.

thanks everyone for tips, will have a go , i have the brisa video so will use that for a guide, bit scared the white gel seems to have a life of its own!

bit scared the white gel seems to have a life of its own!
Try warming it up a little before you use it, put it between your legs etc.. I was nervous of the white sculpting gel at first but I love it now. Remember too that it isn't like the other gels and that you mustn't try and move it with your brush, but with more gel IYKWIM xxx

I currently only sculpt with french as I only have regular pink rather than the warm/cool tones and find it too clear on the free edge.

Yes that's exactly what I mean - The colour just makes it look like I have weird pick plastic bits stuck on my nails! Will have to try the other shades.

I love the white scultping gel, definitely worth trying. I made a really nice thin, strong nail on a friend with it, she loved it.

I don't use Brisa, butI do sculpt with UV gel.

In the beginning, i was dead set against sculpting. Then I read more and more on here, saw the options available to me...
I gave it a shot.

If I can avoid it, I will never go back to tipping!!

I LOVE sculpting!!
I won't list the advantages, as I'm sure you've probably read them here before...
But I will say it's definately a HUGE advantage to be able to master that skill. It's made a GREAT difference in the quality of my enhancements, and the options I can offer.

Oh, one quickie advantage: it's way eaiser to sculpt a repair on a chipped corner or whatever, than to file it all down or soak off then reapply a new tip etc. ALSO, it takes less product to repair by sculpting than to re-tip etc.

Hope this helps!

Latest posts

Back