Do you seal your MINX with top coat or not?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leannejolley

Reaction score
i did some minx training thursday and had a full set put on and they told my you dont need to seal them, well they have rubbed off on the edge of the free edge. im not happy about charging client £35 the lady said i should be chargeing per set of them to only last a few days.
A) has anyone else had this problem??
B) do you seal them in?? i would be using shellac to do the sealing.

any advice would be fantastic.

the minx i do on my ladies i charge £25 which is plenty enough! my ladies minx lasts 6weeks easy, as it does when i do them myself. i apply a polish clear top coat to seal the free edge every time and weekly afterwards, it really helps to keep them on so is a must, otherwise as you have experieneced, they dont last! so whoever has told you not to seal them needs to read minx's advice sealing is a must!!!

the minx i do on my ladies i charge £25 which is plenty enough! my ladies minx lasts 6weeks easy, as it does when i do them myself. i apply a polish clear top coat to seal the free edge every time and weekly afterwards, it really helps to keep them on so is a must, otherwise as you have experieneced, they dont last! so whoever has told you not to seal them needs to read minx's advice sealing is a must!!!
Is this on fingers or toes??

Toes definitely DO NOT need sealing - fingers may do, I've never tried, some seem successful without though from what i've read on here.

it was on my fingers.

yerh thats what im thinking. thanks

I've got Minx on my toes, it's been on nearly 7 weeks and it's not sealed

:)

Toes last a while. If someone has a really small toe nail usually the little one!.. I just pop a bit of.glue on it. From experience that's the one thats most likely to come off first a few weeks before the rest!

I was trained by Sweet Squared and they said not to seal them. Fingers only last a week though as they are constantly in use.

i was told not to seal at the training and that it would only last 5-7 days. mine last usually 8 and up to 10 days on fingers without sealing, but the last set a did on a friend, I sealed the edge with Shellac so wil see if this lasts longer... someone also said sealing the edge with lumos helps?

Minx doesn't last on fingers.. I say a couple of days tops and then if a client gets more they're pleased.

Hi on fingers I always seal with shellac and charge a bit more, they seem to last 2 weeks without coming off.:Love:

We never seal our Minx. We get 6+ weeks out of toes but we market fingers as 'party nails', as the longest I have ever got is a week.
Clients always tend to pick at fingers too.

I never seal on toes as they last long enough, but always seal fingers with Shellac, I have one lady that has Minx on fingers every two weeks.

Minx advice is not to seal. Do your clients return weekly for a new seal then? I assume your 6 weeks is on toes?

I never seal. Never needed too. Minx on toes lasts 6 weeks plus and fingers I get ten days from if people are really careful! X:cool:

Hi on fingers I always seal with shellac and charge a bit more, they seem to last 2 weeks without coming off.:Love:

When you seal do you just cap the edge? or do you paint over the whole nail?

Minx advice is not to seal. Do your clients return weekly for a new seal then? I assume your 6 weeks is on toes?
nono i just advise clients to use their own top coat to seal their minx weekly at home. well i always seal toes witha top coat and get 6-7weeks out of them so must be doin somethin rite! without sealing the minx peeled off at the ends frrom peoples shoes and as soon as i started sealing they lasted so much longer! and i WAS told by a sweet squared lady on the phone TO seal minx!?

I dont seal minx on toes, but i have to admit I am wearing minx on my fingers with 2 thin coats of Brisa gloss on. I only put it on cos it took me ages to minx my wrong hand! This is obviously not endorsed at all and I just want to see how long it lasts x

I'm loving this site! It's really helping me, and I'm begining to understand that the things that are happening when I do Minx, etc. is a perfectly normal reaction. I thought Minx lasted a long time on both fingers and toes, but have never got it to last that long on my fingers, (as a consequence, I don't offer it yet,) but now that I know that's normal I feel so much happier. :biggrin:

Latest posts

Back