Do you stand up to rude clients?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

makeuplover

Reaction score
So my old salon i was the makeup artist and worked with 3 hairdressers loved them all my boss was head hairdresser and she had to deal with a very stroppy bitchy teen and her mother who only looked about 10 years older than her! She came in with a sour look on her face and her mother was explaing the upstyle she wanted the girl started cursing at her mother telling her to shut up and she can talk for herself and her mother said nothing and just said im only helping you. How her mother lets her away with that behaviour is mind blowing! Mind you her mother had a big mouth on her and was a perfectionist but not half as bad as her daughter! She asked her daughter if she wanted me to do her makeup and she said with a dirty look eh noo. Little cow would of loving to slap that bratty snotty attitude out of her! The day her daughter was getting her hair done she sat in the chair with a sour moody look on her face and as if she didnt want to be there! Her mother was in the chair next to her getting her hair done also and she was telling the stylist that her mothers hair was awful and the state of it making shocking looking faces in the mirror at her and my boss said i dont need your opinion on it just yet and that shut her up. The teen didn't even say thank you when her upstyle was finished she didnt seem happy although to be honest my boss knew she wouldn't be happy with anything she done as she was just a awful spoiled brat. Now i dont get a lot of rude clients and if i do i always say to myself client is always right. Ive dealt with a client take the brush off me while i was doing her makeup to fix her own eyeshadow but it didn't bother me as i know people can be very particular! But snotty attitudes boil me and if a client were to make a show of me like that by god would i turf them out! Has anyone else ever stood up to a client?

Sounds like a normal teenage girl to me. They tend to get more stroppy when they have an audience. :rolleyes:

Yes I do stand up to rude clients, but in a professional way lol

People only behave like this because they get away with it.

I had a very rude bride A couple of weeks ago, she turned up over an hour late o the venue, and then went off to breakfast. she sent me abusive text messages and then started to verbally abuse me when I reminded her that as per her contact I would have to charge her for any extra time over the finish time, as she and her bridesmaids had missed their apts.

I turned around to her and said that as professional I do not expect to be spoken to in this manner and if it carried on I would leave and I said it as I meant it and that it was no threat.

Suddenly faced with only person on hand to do her and her bridal parties hair nearly out the door, she was sunddely more pleasant towards me, however she was still off hand with me.

I stood my ground, behaved professionally, did my job, she then asked me if I could give her a can of hairspray as she had forgotten hers, and I said I could do one better and that I could sell her one instead which I did for the full price..cash along with the extra money for extra time worked.

There is an old navy saying, don't sh#t on someone's door step, and then ask for loo paper!

Latest posts

Back