Do you think my nails are good enough ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think out of all the members on this website. Gigi is the most qualified person to express if one is qualified or not. She should deserves a lot more respect from the members of this site for giving honest and helpful advice.

I have VTCT qualifications. I am simply just telling you what my certificates tell me.

You have ask us for our opinions and we have given it to you in hope that we can help you, but it seems to me that you are not willing to accept our constructive advice and have already decided to do what you wanted to do anyway.

yes i know and i respect the fact that she is highly qualifed i am not disputing the fact i am saying that no one has no wright to say that some one is not qualified when they are

Her work is amazing and so are most off the ppl on this site but i asked about a picture WAT PPL THOUGHT OF MY NAILS A PICTURE

not to then insult me and say i am not qualified not to say that the way i do them is wrong but just to say if they liked or dislike my nails on the picture thats it

It dont matter i cant be bothered thank you to everyone who replied to my thread and expressed there opinions xx

This has all got a bit heated!!! :eek:

Firstly - I don't think Geeg was saying that you are not qualified.....simply that you are not FULLY qualified. Same as me I guess - I am qualified....Master L&P, but I haven't qualified in Brisa gel!! Every tech has more to learn.

Please read your original thread post, as you are not just asking us to look at your pics....(and if you were, should have been in the gallery really!).

It isn't nice to hear criticism, but it is something to bear in mind.....you will prob get a lot of it as a newbie in the industry, e.g - from a client who may have had nails done by a very experienced tech for years....who has moved away, and they have come to you and got french polish?!! Criticism is what makes you strive to be better! Don't take it to heart!

Anyway.....hope this clarifies that we are not pointing the finger and saying SHE AIN'T QUALIFIED, because you are.....and I'm sure you will be a damn good tech one day, as your nails look good even now.

Polish on the tips as opposed to pink and whites, was something I did 8 years ago, and I hated it then!! I don't know a single tech that still does this. Be better than the NSS, and keep us updated on your forever french...post some pics of your practice work, and we can help you iron out any probs you are having with smile lines.

WE ARE HERE TO HELP!! HONESTLY!!!:hug:

yes i know and i respect the fact that she is highly qualifed i am not disputing the fact i am saying that no one has no wright to say that some one is not qualified when they are

Her work is amazing and so are most off the ppl on this site but i asked about a picture WAT PPL THOUGHT OF MY NAILS A PICTURE

not to then insult me and say i am not qualified not to say that the way i do them is wrong but just to say if they liked or dislike my nails on the picture thats it

It dont matter i cant be bothered thank you to everyone who replied to my thread and expressed there opinions xx

Gigi has already explained the reasons why she thinks you are not qualified as such.

If you read into her lines a bit more then you may understand and then realise what she is really trying to say to you.

VTCT (Vocational Training Charitable Trust) I think.
They are the awarding body, not the actual qualification.
I'm not saying this to put u down... just so u know what qualificatons u have... u might have an interview one day and be asked.

This is part of my certificate (Yes I know... very unfortunate middle name!)
I think it's the same. I'm doing NVQ 3 nails at the moment.. it's well worth it.
By the look of your pic I'm sure you'd find it OK.

XXX

Attachments

• nail technology L2.jpeg
    nail technology L2.jpeg
    97 KB · Views: 83
ok im gonna post this once and for all.. so if someone asks again.. please link it.. i teach it - write the scheme, and deliver it..

2 awarding bodies in nails... VTCT and CITY AND GUILDS.. both EXACTLY the same qualifications and criteria. lets go...

Level 2 cerificate in Nail treatments/ technology. ( not an NVQ) but an entry level to nails..

units VR02 VR74
level 3 diploma in health, safety, security and employment standards.

Vro8 manicure

VR09 pedicure

VR72 nail art ( optional)

Vr10. nail technology ( tips, blend, 1 colour overlay, repairs and removal- if you get taught pink and white at this stage BONUS YA LUCKY).. so thats all... an intro to the nail world.. hence not being an NVQ..

NOW .. when this is finished there is nothing to stop you branching out to the manufacturers conversion course.. it SHOULD gain you access.. however if you want to take a while longer you could do...

OK.. NVQ LEVEL 3 IN NAIL SERVICES
not offered in too many colleges due to needing a mega skilled tutor.. haha like moi!! we will do the followin

BT22 Enhance natural nails using artificial nail systems- this includes, gel, liquid and powder, wraps, sculpt in gel and acrylic, camoflage techniques, how to correct irregular nail shapes.All pink and white/ coloured gel adn acrylic

BT23 maintain, repair and enhance arificial nail systems.. this includes .... wait for it.... REBALANCE PINK AND WHITE-- yeee ha.. on gel and acyrlic.. and rebalance a camoflage nail ser..

BT 24 DESIGN PLAN AND CREATE NAIL ART SERVICES FOR A CLIENT.. to include at least 4 of the following. airbrushing. 3d, embedding , cut outs, colored gels coloured acylics

BT25 DESIGN AND CREATE IMAGES USING NAIL ART TECHNIQUES to include a theme, commercial and avant guarde..
my optional unit is

BT31 TANNING.. cos its a bit o fun.. it was that or loads on commercial and trading laws.. important but not fun!!!

so as you can see.. its a lot and a full years course.. and you have to choose your college well... so after this.. i HOPE you are fully qualified. The practice and development is literally in your hands..
Hopes that clears this up for EVERYONE.. feel free to ask..
took me ages to type this hope.. ive been on here alot since i had my bedroom TV took off me... hahahaha.. no more CSI in bed for me!!:green:

Last edited:
ok im gonna post this once and for all.. so if someone asks again.. please link it.. i teach it - write the scheme, and deliver it..

2 awarding bodies in nails... VTCT and CITY AND GUILDS.. both EXACTLY the same qualifications and criteria. lets go...

Level 2 cerificate in Nail treatments/ technology. ( not an NVQ) but an entry level to nails..

units VR02 VR74
level 3 diploma in health, safety, security and employment standards.

Vro8 manicure

VR09 pedicure

VR72 nail art ( optional)

Vr10. nail technology ( tips, blend, 1 colour overlay, repairs and removal- if you get taught pink and white at this stage BONUS YA LUCKY).. so thats all... an intro to the nail world.. hence not being an NVQ..

NOW .. when this is finished there is nothing to stop you branching out to the manufacturers conversion course.. it SHOULD gain you access.. however if you want to take a while longer you could do...

OK.. NVQ LEVEL 3 IN NAIL SERVICES
not offered in too many colleges due to needing a mega skilled tutor.. haha like moi!! we will do the followin

BT22 Enhance natural nails using artificial nail systems- this includes, gel, liquid and powder, wraps, sculpt in gel and acrylic, camoflage techniques, how to correct irregular nail shapes.All pink and white/ coloured gel adn acrylic

BT23 maintain, repair and enhance arificial nail systems.. this includes .... wait for it.... REBALANCE PINK AND WHITE-- yeee ha.. on gel and acyrlic.. and rebalance a camoflage nail ser..

BT 24 DESIGN PLAN AND CREATE NAIL ART SERVICES FOR A CLIENT.. to include at least 4 of the following. airbrushing. 3d, embedding , cut outs, colored gels coloured acylics

BT25 DESIGN AND CREATE IMAGES USING NAIL ART TECHNIQUES to include a theme, commercial and avant guarde..
my optional unit is

BT31 TANNING.. cos its a bit o fun.. it was that or loads on commercial and trading laws.. important but not fun!!!

so as you can see.. its a lot and a full years course.. and you have to choose your college well... so after this.. i HOPE you are fully qualified. The practice and development is literally in your hands..
Hopes that clears this up for EVERYONE.. feel free to ask..
took me ages to type this hope.. ive been on here alot since i had my bedroom TV took off me... hahahaha.. no more CSI in bed for me!!:green:

thanks for that

I new is didnt av an nvq cos cud i hell see it on the certificate and am sure me tutor wud av said lol

So when and where are u doing the nvq 3 then ???

xx

september - Tuesday nights. down the new college.. not advertised yet.. pm me for details if ya interested..

Latest posts

Back