Do you think my nails are good enough ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
( i get wrong off some of the folk who trained me for not charging enough)

Exactly!!! It isn't easy to get business, so you need to be straight with your clients. If you are new to nails.....say so...and charge accordingly. As long as they know what they are getting, I'm sure they will be happy to let you try new techniques and systems as you go along.

As Geeg said....you must continue your training. Sculpting and forever french (whatever colours you choose!) is a MUST in this highly competitive industry. Good luck!!

Last edited by a moderator:
No where I know of round here offer this so i wont have that problem everyone thinks they are fab who av done as they are used to going to hollywood nails which are crap use white tips and apply them practically as the cuticle lol

I personally think its better cause if ya get bored you can remove the polish and have natural enhancements so the best of both worlds some days i have french others natural (french when am going out )

xxxx

I..it sounds like you are trying to convince yourself that polish is better- well if its your choice stick with it..BUT...the pink and white option separates the men from the boys in this game, especially when times are hard, step up to the plate show how good you are and stand out from the 10 quid a set salon and show WHY you charge more.. move onto coloured acrylics too!

if a client came to you askin for pink and white would you persuade them to have polish? i offer it..not sayin i do it all the time as most of my clients have coloured and glitters.. and im in the same catchment area .

jus saying if you want to charge more, you sometimes have to prove to clients WHY you are worth it!!:)

they look great, i would pay that much for them.

hi, on the painted on white tips, i offer both pink and whites and painted french, most of my clients opt for painted french as they like to alternate between coloured polish and french polish. I feel if you really don't want to do permanent french that ultimately it is your decision, if you are not confident with it, or just don't like it, dont do it! just explain to clients what your reasons are and most will be happy with a polish.
your nails look great from what i can see of them, well done, hth

I..it sounds like you are trying to convince yourself that polish is better- well if its your choice stick with it..BUT...the pink and white option separates the men from the boys in this game, especially when times are hard, step up to the plate show how good you are and stand out from the 10 quid a set salon and show WHY you charge more.. move onto coloured acrylics too!

if a client came to you askin for pink and white would you persuade them to have polish? i offer it..not sayin i do it all the time as most of my clients have coloured and glitters.. and im in the same catchment area .

jus saying if you want to charge more, you sometimes have to prove to clients WHY you are worth it!!:)

if they is the way they are supposed to be done why does not college teach this way its personal choice ! (creative/nsi do because its advertising/selling there products )

so your saying if you nails are done with powder you shoud charge more why ? it takes me longer to do polish then the powder.

I have seen SOME nails done this way and they dont look as good, but just because they were done in powder u should charge more !!!?????

and i can do colours if a client wanted this i would be morethanhappy 2 do so and again if they wanted perm french they would have the chioce of tips or powder xx

Creative and NSI are not teaching pink and white to sell their products- its because thats how its done.. i wouldnt expect to go to one of those nail companies and NOT be taught how to do a permanent white..

They do not teach pink and white in college til NVQ level 3 in nails.. as level 2 is merely an introduction to nails and about getting the basics right such as tip application, overlays and removals as well as health and safety mani/pedi etc..

But yeahh if you do Pink and white, ultimately charge more.. its more time, product and skill..( i air brush french polish merely for speed) but your french polish is crackin and your clients love it so if you prefer stick with it.. no one is forcing you, just recomending to offer clients a broader spectrum..:)

Last edited:
if they is the way they are supposed to be done why does not college teach this way its personal choice ! (creative/nsi do because its advertising/selling there products ) - thats not the case at all, it costs a lot of money to train with creative so if you have chosen to go down that route its unlikley you will want to use any other product!! They are not pushy with advertising products AT ALL. They are teaching you a skill, that is how it is supposed to be done to get the best effect and strenth.

so your saying if you nails are done with powder you shoud charge more why ? it takes me longer to do polish then the powder. - why are you doing the polish if it takes you longer? Yes definatley charge more for forever french....they will pay more too, as it is definatley a better effect than polish.

I have seen SOME nails done this way and they dont look as good, but just because they were done in powder u should charge more !!!????? - But I bet you have also seen some nails hat look god damn fantastic - thats who deserves to charge more.....but they will have had lots of training, good product and a whole lot of practice! And those SOME nails, may be people new to pink n whites, they may be practicing and asking for crit. They probably don't charge more just yet.....its a skill, that requires a LOT of practice to perfect.

and i can do colours if a client wanted this i would be morethanhappy 2 do so and again if they wanted perm french they would have the chioce of tips or powder xx- If you feel confident using powder, why dont you do it? If its faster for you? You can charge more?

You asked us in your original thread for our opinions as pro's......we are giving it to you!!!! Please don't feel that we are being nasty. A lot of people on here are VERY skilled techs, and are giving good advice!!!

You say that college haven't taught you pink and whites, but you offer it if your clients want it? :eek: I know I wouldn't want someone doing something they have had no training for on my nails.....but I would not be happy with painted french either though.

My suggestion to you is this......now you know your basics from your NVQ2, get yourself on a creative conversion (GEEG/Sam Sweet/any educator? - can she start with a conversion? With having an NVQ? Or does she need to do induction?), check with one of the educators on here to see if that is possible.

They will teach you every trick in the book to create the best possible nails....I know for sure you wouldn't be using polish again!!! There are some fab tutorials on here for creating smile lines.....get practicing!!

Can i ask what system you use? Coz good product is half the battle.
:hug:

if they is the way they are supposed to be done why does not college teach this way its personal choice ! (creative/nsi do because its advertising/selling there products )

:idea:Omg we have all been hoodwinked! :rolleyes:

You asked us in your original thread for our opinions as pro's......we are giving it to you!!!! Please don't feel that we are being nasty. A lot of people on here are VERY skilled techs, and are giving good advice!!!

You say that college haven't taught you pink and whites, but you offer it if your clients want it? :eek: I know I wouldn't want someone doing something they have had no training for on my nails.....but I would not be happy with painted french either though.

My suggestion to you is this......now you know your basics from your NVQ2, get yourself on a creative conversion (GEEG/Sam Sweet/any educator? - can she start with a conversion? With having an NVQ? Or does she need to do induction?), check with one of the educators on here to see if that is possible.

They will teach you every trick in the book to create the best possible nails....I know for sure you wouldn't be using polish again!!! There are some fab tutorials on here for creating smile lines.....get practicing!!

Can i ask what system you use? Coz good product is half the battle. :hug:

hiya thanks for that

I dont mean to be on the diffensive I really just wanted to see if you think my nails looked good enough to charge not to have a dig at how i produce them.

I do white powder but as i said I dont think it looks as good as my french polish and thats why i choose to do it I use nsi products

I have had no training in smile lines with powder but have watched and followed the creative nail tutorial vids and nsi vids ]

thanks
melissa

Can i ask what system you use? Coz good product is half the battle. :hug:

i dont have a nvq i have a vtct in nail technology

which college did you do at at Mel?? im going to run NVQ 3 in nails next year if ya fancied it..gonna be loads of good hard working fun!

which college did you do at at Mel?? im going to run NVQ 3 in nails next year if ya fancied it..gonna be loads of good hard working fun!

I went to shiney row college

My tutor told me that they dont cover enhancements in lever 2 nvq just mani and pedi and level 3 is basically everything i did in my course at VTCT level I trained with Millenium product which arnt very good

am thinking bout doing an nsi sculpting course not sure yet

what is covered in nvq level 3
is it just nails or beauty 2 ?
xxxx

:)I am trained in Acrylic overlay + enhancements and mani & pedi

Hi, im not a pro but ur work is gorgeous! x Id pay that!

I went to shiney row college

My tutor told me that they dont cover enhancements in lever 2 nvq just mani and pedi and level 3 is basically everything i did in my course at VTCT level I trained with Millenium product which arnt very good

:)I am trained in Acrylic overlay + enhancements and mani & pedi

Sorry, I am confused..?

So were you trained in nail enhancements or just mani and pedi?

Please give us more information in order for us to help you and direct you correctly?

i dont have a nvq i have a vtct in nail technology

Also, as far as I know, VTCT is the awarding body and NVQ is the qualification they give out.

Which means that if you have VTCT, you have probably passed some of the NVQ units.

In regards to your original question, can I be honest but at the same time I hope you won't feel offended? If I was a client, I would not be happy paying your price for a set of enhancements with a paint on white. If you advertise it as 'pink and white', then I would expect pink acrylic and white acrylic used.

Painting on white varnish on nail enhancements is something a non-standard usually does. It is their way of 'tricking' the local public into believing what they do is pink and white nails. I am not talking about you wanting to mislead your clients, but please don't let yourself fall into that category.

How about investing into more training so you are able to offer pink and white..?

Hi Mel

Love the site. and your nails look lovley... What did you use for the £D flowers was it L&P or Gel.. The black flower looks great.. xx

Sorry, I am confused..?

So were you trained in nail enhancements or just mani and pedi?

Please give us more information in order for us to help you and direct you correctly?

Also, as far as I know, VTCT is the awarding body and NVQ is the qualification they give out.

Which means that if you have VTCT, you have probably passed some of the NVQ units.

am sorry but what is everyone confused about as it says in my profile I am quailified nail tech vtct nail technology I am trained in overlays enhancements and mani and pedi passed in feb2008 my course was 6 months at the city of sunderland college (shiney row centre) I done 3 modules Anatomy and physiology, artifical nail techniques and hand and nail treatments I passed with flying colours and all of my practicle as well

while i was at college i worked on paying members of the public

So it is really annoying when you have some one like geeg saying i am not qualified, when some people on this site have done 4 hrs training and they think there qualified full stopppppppppppp.

I dont where other person got nvq from I have never done an nvq in my life

Hi Mel

Love the site. and your nails look lovley... What did you use for the £D flowers was it L&P or Gel.. The black flower looks great.. xx

thanks hun

got them from sallys salon services hun its with acrylic

xx

So it is really annoying when you have some one like geeg saying i am not qualified, when some people on this site have done 4 hrs training and they think there qualified full stopppppppppppp.

I dont where other person got nvq from I have never done an nvq in my life

I think out of all the members on this website. Gigi is the most qualified person to express if one is qualified or not. She should deserves a lot more respect from the members of this site for giving honest and helpful advice.

I have VTCT qualifications. I am simply just telling you what my certificates tell me.

You have ask us for our opinions and we have given it to you in hope that we can help you, but it seems to me that you are not willing to accept our constructive advice and have already decided to do what you wanted to do anyway.

Latest posts

Back