Do you tip a delivery driver?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stewie16

Reaction score
Today I had my shopping delivered and I tipped the driver £5 as he was very nice and very helpful and looked frozen! My friend said why would you tip the delivery man when you've payed for the delivery? I like to give something back for s good service even if it's 20p I hate the supermarkets on how little they pay their staff and they work their asses off! I don't tip the postman as I never see him As for us hairdressers we are lucky to tips. 😊

I always tip taxis and take away food drivers. I do tip my postie and garbage collectors but only on Christmas time, i think we all love our tips, but i dont always leave a tip in a restaurant.

I always tip taxis and take away food drivers. I do tip my postie and garbage collectors but only on Christmas time, i think we all love our tips, but i dont always leave a tip in a restaurant.

Yeah I tip take out drivers but never with bin men as I've had problems with them over not taking the Bin as the lid is half way open it annoys me!

I tip everyone but maybe i'm a sucker lol.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I tip everyone! Especially delivery people! & I give the bin men beer at crimbo!

I tip at restaurants, and almost every time I go to a shop I say to keep the change if that counts as a tip 😂

I'm American. It's in my nature to tip. :lol: I tip people that deliver my food, groceries, taxi drivers, hairdresser, and server when I go to a restaurant. I can't say I always get the same treatment though. I once had a client wait on me for 20p change, but I understand it's still not common practice around here to tip.

I tip everyone! Especially delivery people! & I give the bin men beer at crimbo!

I really have a lot of respect for them. The delivery guy said that they have to go up to so many floors carry bags after bags even if the lift is broken as the company say they want to deliver but health and safety don't like the idea in so many stairs to get a a 7th floor.

I always tip, especially in restaurants. However, I've started being ruthless and if service at a meal wasn't good, I won't leave any tip out of principal. Only good service should be tipped and rewarded in my opinion.

As for a previous post about tipping postmen, I thought they weren't allowed to accept money or gifts? We always give our postman a cold drink when it's Summer but was always told they can't accept gifts or tips?!

I tip everyone.

We usually buy our postie a small gift at Christmas such as a tin of biscuits and wrap it. I'm sure we'll do the same for our new postie now we've moved.

Oh my god I'm horrified at what a selfish cow I am !!
I only tip at restaurants 😣
I might start tipping more you lot are really nice and I'm just mean lol x

I always tip too, even if a shop assistant carries something heavy to my car for me, I'll tip them.

I don't do anything for the postman at home for Christmas though, I never see him/them unless I'm off work, we have about 3, all part time.

It flattering to be tipped, it's shows your appreciation. I do have one client who says everytime, I don't tip you as you're the owner, you never tip the owner lol

Confusion is a lifestyle - not a state of mind :eek:

I don't always tip.

I tip if theyve been nice, if I feel the service has been good.

If they've been rude (ie a hairdresser: (siddan there, wodja want - I kid you not), or looked bored when taking my order, or the foods been lousy, I don't.

I don't always tip.

I tip if theyve been nice, if I feel the service has been good.

If they've been rude (ie a hairdresser: (siddan there, wodja want - I kid you not), or looked bored when taking my order, or the foods been lousy, I don't.

Good god no, I never tip rudeness or laziness, I always tip those who earn it

Confusion is a lifestyle - not a state of mind :eek:

I always tip... I can't help it!! I blame my dad!!

I always tip delivery drivers from the chippy or taxi's!
After reading this I highly think my postman will be getting a tip this year since I order SOOO much stuff and he probs hates coming to my house lol!
xx

I feel like such a misery guts now - I've never even considered tipping delivery drivers. I've commented many times on how polite the Asda drivers are too, oops!

I don't think it's common to tip grocery delivery drivers; I actually checked on another forum as I felt mean not doing it.

Unfortunately it's a different person each time - so a Christmas tip would be unfair, only going to one driver.

Our regular postie, I will probably give some small food gift, as he's always cheerful and friendly.

I'm worried I won't tip enough and look cheap so I chicken out lol

Latest posts

Back