Do you trade services with your co workers?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twinkletoes910

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone else trades services with their co workers (hair color for a full set of nails, or the like) and if it worked out. I'm getting into a fuzzy situation and wondered if anybody else had guidelines for their arrangements with co workers.

Thanks!

This is a tricky one. I'm a great believer in just swapping services but I realise now that this doesn't work as there's always embarrassment as people don't know if they're supposed to pay or not. Also, you could find that you're always doing stuff for free and you don't get much back.

I'm going to be renting a room above a hair salon and I asked the owner what they do. He said that do 25% off treatments both ways. I'm happy with this as that means we all know where we stand.

Yes i trade services.

Havnt been able to up untill the last month as i worked on my own in the salon day in day out but now have a full time therapist working with me so we trade treatments.

Yesterday i did a full set of P&W sculpts with 3d art and today i get a lovely full body massage in return.

It works for us as there is only the 2 of us but i would imagine if it was a large workplace it could get out of hand slightly.

in the spa i worked in we were incouraged to swap. Key word swap not just give a free service. i gave a pedi recieved a body massage and we never tipped each other never expected or got mad when we werent tipped. we just enjoyed staying busy and being pampered ourselves

My friend also a nail tech struggles to file/polish her toes so i offerd to do it for free to help her,she said she would do mine in return when i wanted so it helps us both really.xx

We are a combined hair and beauty salon. I will often go and have my hair coloured, in return I do a set of nails, or infills. This works really well. We often get a lot of training agency girls come to us. They always get half price or less treatments. The only genuine freebies I give to the girls at the salon are eyebrow waxes, as it takes only a few minutes and doesn't break the bank.

well the problem that i'm having is... i get my hair cut and colored every... 8-10ish weeks, and my daughter gets her hair trimmed at the same time. Well the lady that i trade with gets her nails done every 2 weeks, always breaks at least 1 a week, plus 1 acrylic toenail every week (she picks it off EVERY week :irked:), fresh toenail polish every week and a pedicure every 6-8 weeks. i really feel like i'm getting the short end here!!! i've done the math... i would pay her $135 at full price and she would pay me $270. We work in a small shop, there's only me and 2 hairdressers.

what should i do here??? we've had this arrangement for almost a year, but the services that she expects me to do for free are increasing every month.

Hi Twinkle,
What I would suggest is that every 2 weeks when you do the nails, you get your hair washed and blow dried, or a conditioning treatment. She will soon get the message, that you expect to receive equally what you give.

I agree with welshmammy if she expects to pick stuff off and get repairs for free and be serviced every week why shouldnt you? Treat yourself and if she says anything well its time to start paying for the repairs and additional stuff. It should be equal and if she cant respect that or understand then its her problem.

Yes i trade services tans for babysitting and my hair being cut and with another tech we tan each other or do pedis on each other wax each other and we ahve a good chinwag at the same time

Latest posts

Back