do you use a clear bead of L+P with pink and whites??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

natsturgeon

Reaction score
Was going through my CIBTAC course notes there to check something else & was reading over the application procedure....
ive only just noted a step which the tutor did not go into detail about- after doing white & pink- applying an optional bead of clear to build an arch

The examiner passed me using just pink & white but wondered if any of you do use a final clear bead & if you find it helpful, as now & again i worry that my nails dont have that nice arch -

let me know!!

Cheers xx

I don't use a layer of clear.

I do zone 1, then 2 and 3. I always use a big enough bead in zone 2 to give me a strong apex.

There are some great tutorials on here about product application if you go on the navigation section at the top.

Hope this helps

Thanks lucy x

I have never used a clear bead in p&w application but i think in competitions you are advised to use a clear bead in zone two so that when you pull back there is no shadowing of pink over the white. You then continue with pink application :)

hth Jo x

I use a clear bead to protect my white, thats just because I have started learning and it also helps me build a better apex,

hth

xbx

I dont do that as a rule but in class if zone 2 was a bit thin or we had flat spots we would be instructed to build it up with clear.

I just use pink and white, I dont use any clear

I just use pink and white, but for competition work I can see why the clear would be used.

Latest posts

Back