Do you use a cuticle remover during prep?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JesseDavidNailDesign

Reaction score
Watching the new Shellac videos, I couldn't help but notice that Cuticle Away was omitted from the prep procedure. They said for best adhesion, don't use C.A. on most clients.

Is this their recommendation for all treatments now?

I was just wondering, because I had 2 clients today that I felt needed the cuticle tx and I ran behind on them. It got me wondering if I really needed to do it. And maybe I should have charged extra.

I'm not having problems with adhesion, but I don't want that to change because of doing a dry prep. It's just that the hand washing that you need to do to neutralize the Cuticle Away takes too much time.

Hi there, I know what you mean. I personally only use wet prep on new clients and then generally do a good dry prep from then onwards on maintanence appointments, this goes for any procedure.

I just go with what works best for you, but I don't feel the need to use CA at every appointment.

Give it a go next time on one hand just dry prep.

HTH

I personally use a cuticle remover on every client. No exception. And I have no problem with lifting. I just clean it up very well with alcohol and then with the Scrubfresh. Linda

I've never had a problem using CA, either.

I love using it, i'm just wondering if I should charge extra if I use it in an enhancement service or gel polish. Will never do a manicure without it!

I didn't think you could use a sanitiser alone to remove it. Maybe I was wrong. It definitely would make things easier.

I've heard about the spray bottle with soapy water. But wasn't sure how much soap to water you needed. Just sort of felt that washing hands and scrubbing with a brush would be better to make sure the remover is removed :lol:

Maybe I'm making this too complicated...wouldn't be the first time :)

Cuticle away needs to be removed with soap and water other wise the active ingredient will carry on working and can cause service breakdown, I use a spray bottle with flannel I put few pumps of citrus fresh and fill to top and refill each day.

I would say personaly that dry prep on a client whom having rebalance is sufficent enough surely if client needed it then yes use CA but 9/10 as you probs know there is not much there and by using your currete will remove what is.

Just give it a try you might be surprised :)

Good luck HTH xx

I love using it, i'm just wondering if I should charge extra if I use it in an enhancement service or gel polish.

I don't charge extra for using CA. Removing cuticle is part of the service. How it's removed is up to each nail tech. :)

I use it every new set, and I have some clients who get alot of build up and for them I use it with every service, remove it with water and hand wash. I have other clients who get near enough zero new cuticle so with them its a quick dry prep. I think once you get to know each clients hands you can tell weather they need it every time, and no, I would never ever charge extra, as stated above its part of the service. :hug:

Thank you everyone for your input :hug:

Latest posts

Back