Do you use an electric file?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samathiyy

Reaction score
Just interested in seeing who actually uses them and what for?
If you don't - how come? :)

I use one .... I use for filing and shaping the nail and also filing off nails although don't completely file all of it off .. Just the bulk then soak the rest xx

I use one .... I use for filing and shaping the nail and also filing off nails although don't completely file all of it off .. Just the bulk then soak the rest xx

What drill do you use?

I almost bought the Pro Impressions one today at the SBS. But it was pink😩 looked a bit cheap to me. Does anyone have it? Have I just missed a bargian?

I bought the Pro-impressions white one.

Taken so much of my time down when doing acrylics.

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

I have the Kupa from nsi ... In 14 years I've had 2 which I think is good as I use every day !! They also have a repair/service department xx

I have the white pro impressions efile and its great for filing down acrylics prior to infill or taking shellac/gel polish off acrylics x

Do you use a drill for gel extensions as well as acrylic?

Yeah i use on gel

Same, I use mine for filing and shaping the nail, both acrylics and Gel. Also if someone wants acrylics removed, I file the bulk right down and then soak off the thin layer, saves so much time.
I learned right from the start how to use one correctly and just practiced, practiced, practiced. Some techs prefer manual filing, each to their own but for me I need to be careful of RSI so an e-file is great.
I use this one, it's really good. It's made by a company who also manufacture Dentist Drills.

Micro-Nx Compact Professional E-File / Drill Kit (Student & Salon Use)

Personally I'm not a fan, I'd prefer to use a hand file. If you sculpt with your brush, filling is minimal. But that's my opinion, however I've got loads of clients that have come to me because I don't use electric files. Something to think about maybe.

I have a Strong (brand). I love it, I use it with the Kupa bits. I find it's great to use on all clients but I have one client who has gradient glitter tips which she changes every 3 weeks so its great to remove the bulk of her product.

I would not be without mine.

What file should I be looking to buy for a first-timer? I can't really afford the really expensive ones at the mo but as I build clients etc I'll be looking to invest.
Been looking on eBay and I'm thinking the really cheap one will be that, cheap and nasty!

Don't buy cheap as the vibration will be terrible...

I've the crystal nails efile and it's fab, I use if for debulking and removing gel polish from enhancements (not natural nail)

Kupa from NSI rocks :)

I totally agree with Maz101. The vibration on the cheap ones is just terrible.

I bought a cheap one to start with and it knocked my confidence so much. It is quite scary when you start training in an e-file, well it was for me anyway. The cheaper ones made it so much harder for me to build my confidence. Then I used a really good one at my training institute and realised the difference.
I then bought a really good one, paid $400AUD for it but Oh what a difference a good e-file makes. The vibrations are so much less than the cheaper models and its is no where as noisy. It really helped to put me at ease and also my clients.

I use mine all the time now as my confidence has gotten so much better with mine.

It really is worth investing in a better one, even if you have to save up for one.

Good luck.

I agree with Tinkabel, I actually think you're better off saving for a decent middle of the road one rather than buying one that's cheap and nasty off ebay. I knew of a few new/student techs who bought cheap ones off ebay and regretted it each time. You dont need to buy a mega expensive one, perhaps buy a smaller one for "student" use or lower volume use, at least it will be better quality.
I agree if you start with a good one from the beginning it will help with the control of the hand piece and your technique in the long run.

What file should I be looking to buy for a first-timer? I can't really afford the really expensive ones at the mo but as I build clients etc I'll be looking to invest.
Been looking on eBay and I'm thinking the really cheap one will be that, cheap and nasty!

You can buy the KUPA original mani pro, what I saw in their website is they're on discount, $99 only. I think it's ok to buy that first if you have a budget, the reputation it's good and the price is a lot more lower than other known brand. But it's only from 4500-15000 RPM, it will be ok since you're just starting.

I use the Kupa mani-pro supermax had it a couple of years now and I love it !
I can hand file no problem at all but the Efile cuts time down for debulking , rebalance and a dream
for lifting ! Get a safety bit , you can get right up and remove even hard to get lifting ,

Another thing it comes in to its own for is on the clients that have something that is a ? Product from another nail tech possably an nss or even an EBay gel , we must have all had them ? The ones you can't soak off or thin out , well you could with this :)

The safety bit really is the best thing ever!

As for other bits carbide all the way :)

Can anyone recommend me a drill that is around the £100 mark or is that a silly question?

Latest posts

Back