Do you use dappen dish or a dispensing bottle?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a1nails

Reaction score
Which do you use and what are the advantages/disadvantages of each?

I have just started using a dispenser but wonder am I loading too much monomer onto my brush.

I always use a dappen dish, only putting out the amount i need for the set of nails that i am doing at the time, if any is left over i soak it up with tissue and throw away,
i haven't heard of the dispenser ?

I used to use a dispenser....found I had more product evaporateon me than I used. I've been using a ceramic dappen dish with a corked top and I love it! It holds a good amount of liquid and the corked lid keeps the product from evaporating.

i use a dappen dish huni...what do you do with the dispenser then????i have never heard of anyone using a dispesnser...

I always use a dappen dish, only putting out the amount i need for the set of nails that i am doing at the time, if any is left over i soak it up with tissue and throw away,
Same as me xx

I go between the 2 -

Dappens dish for not so busy days & for coloured work.
A Menda white glass dispenser if it's a busy / back to back appointment day.
Helps aviod time out for refilling.

There's plenty of pro's & con's relating to the pumps. I seem to have mastered mine :)

XX J XX

This is exactly what I do, I have heard of the dispenser but have never used one.

I go between the 2 -

Dappens dish for not so busy days & for coloured work.
A Menda white glass dispenser if it's a busy / back to back appointment day.
Helps aviod time out for refilling.

There's plenty of pro's & con's relating to the pumps. I seem to have mastered mine :)

XX J XX
Huh??????
Can you please explain how you would use a pump
to dip you brush in??? I am so confused and so are
a few other geeks....
I have always used a dappen dish to dip my brush in.
I just cant seem to get my head around the idea of
how you are dipping your brush in a Pump!!:irked:

I also do it the exact same way as you!!:hug:

Have you seen the pumps for the scrubfresh bottles? [CND product]
Some dispensers are similar to its appearance & come in plastic.

Another is called a Menda Pump/dispenser been around for years made of glass. Sold through most leading nail suppliers.
I've used mine [not the same one] for over 20 years. Can't fault it.

HtH

XX J XX

Have you seen the pumps for the scrubfresh bottles? [CND product]
Some dispensers are similar to its appearance & come in plastic.

Another is called a Menda Pump/dispenser been around for years made of glass. Sold through most leading nail suppliers.
I've used mine [not the same one] for over 20 years. Can't fault it.

HtH

XX J XX
No I have never seen one,how exactly does it work??
Do you squirt the liquid on your brush?

I just did a google search and i found this
Camera Ready Cosmetics
Is this what it is??It looks really good i think I might have to get one
I was just so confused because i had never seen one before. It looks
as though it is like a dappen dish but with a refill bottom!!
I will have a look at my supplier tomorrow and buy one.Why did I not
know about these sooner!it would save alot of wasted monomer

Yes thats the one - They also come with glass jars.

XX J XX

I have a taller then normal large glass dapen, that has a stainless lid.. but i only ever fill to how much i need.. then towel dispose what i dont use.. I hate the fiddly little glass/plastic dappens you get.. and find i never quite get the pick up im after.. i prefer to work out of glass bowls that are just a weeny biot larger..
The pumps.. imo are very wasteful.. and hard to carry when mobile.. plus i get too much on my brush and have nothing to wipe on besides a paper towel.. which then leads to more smell, and wastage..

As I mentioned it has its pro's & con's & I suppose alot of what you're used to.

I myself don't experience any more wasted product or more fumes from using the dispenser than from using the dappens dish [CND of course]

The pump/lid locks so as long as you pack it sensibly transporting it shouldn't be a problem.

Each to their own

XX J XX

I have the menda pump but it has a plastic bottom, not glass. The top doesn't lock on it. I never use mine anymore though, i don't like it at all. it was $30 wasted.

I use a dappen dish. I was taught in my CND classes that the Menda pumps would cause the monomer to degrade when the residue on top contaminated the liquid in the jar itself.

S

I use a Menda pump most of the time. (Pure touch stainless steel lid/glass container, frost blue color) for extremely busy times, solid no glitter acrylic.
The pure touch lid is made so the liquid doesnt re-enter after it has been pumped out for use.
Dapen dishes when applying glitter/mylar with acrylic.
I like using the Menda pump more, just because I dont have to take time filling my dapen dish.
I like using the OPI heat eq, and I can't do that with a Menda pump.
As, a previous post stated, you have more control over smell,vapor, and all that.
Oh yes, I can't stand the fact that the Menda pumps made for liquid monomer don't have permanent lettering, and the labels that are supplied fall off.
Some of their plastic bottles are premanently labeled.

Which do you use and what are the advantages/disadvantages of each?

I have just started using a dispenser but wonder am I loading too much monomer onto my brush.

you need to use a dappen dish, you are cross contiminating your liquid

Latest posts

Back