Do you want to teach your partners?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reidebot

Down the Rabbit hole.
Reaction score
Do you guys ever have urges to teach your partners how to do hair/beauty things? Especially in the busy season?

Never in my life I asked him to help me tan myself and I landed looking like a tiger [emoji197]. I now learnt to do it myself using a mirror and yoga poses hahahah

Haha, I'm considering teaching him how to spray tan me. Although, going by nail pod's post, maybe not now!! Lol.

He did paint my toes when I was massively pregnant though and couldn't. He did a good job of those :)

I taught my husband to do microdermabrasion and lash lift (just on me, not on anyone else!). He's pretty good at those two but we had a bit of a disaster when he tried an alginate face mask - he added way too much water, dumped the whole lot on my face in one go and it ran into my ears and nostrils. I had to lie there waiting for it to set before I could remove it - it had made perfect casts of my ear canals and inside my nose.... So no more face masks done by hubby!

I taught my husband to do microdermabrasion and lash lift (just on me, not on anyone else!). He's pretty good at those two but we had a bit of a disaster when he tried an alginate face mask - he added way too much water, dumped the whole lot on my face in one go and it ran into my ears and nostrils. I had to lie there waiting for it to set before I could remove it - it had made perfect casts of my ear canals and inside my nose.... So no more face masks done by hubby!

Next time mix the mask yourself then lie down quickly let him apply it. It shouldn't dry that fast.

I’ve taught hubby to hot wax my chin and sideburns (I have PCOS). Best thing I ever did!

Oh I forgot about that! I had mine do me a Brazilian when I was massively pregnant (genuinely, I was like an upturned tortoise most of the time, haha!).

Bless him, he was so scared of hurting me that he probably hurt me a little bit more than he would've if he'd just gone for it, lol!

No more waxing for him at the moment.

I said to him earlier about doing a black shellac on a client earlier today and it looked amazing! I said I'd love that on mine - if only I could paint my other hand as well as I did my non-dominant hand. He offered to paint them for me :) I'll need to teach him acrylic!

Ive actually trained hubby to spray tan me - hes great at it!!

I really wanted my lashes done and it’s impossible to do them myself so I considered teaching the OH.

it would be so handy a this time of the year

Do you guys ever have urges to teach your partners how to do hair/beauty things? Especially in the busy season?
Yes! I’m lucky enough that my partner shows interest in what I do, I let him spray tan me and I’d like to teach him Massage as not only do I benefit but I get to “try out” my services also :p;)
He’s also better than me at painting nails :oops:

Latest posts

Back