Do you work on a Saturday if you're NOT salon based?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I work 9-3 alternate Saturdays, every Saturday in the run up to Christmas. Sunday & Monday are my days off, although I do take the occasional party booking on a Sunday. I'm still in my 1st year of business & my Saturdays are the only days I can guarantee being fully booked!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

I work when the work is there, no matter the time or the day.
It pays the bills.

When I worked from home I didn't work Saturdays, I worked 3 eves till 10pm half the time and felt that was enough x

I don't advertise the fact I'm prepared to work Saturday mornings, but if there's no other option for a client then I will.

I work when someone wants me and that includes both days over the weekend. We are not your average household as my husband works shifts that are six on and four off, so weekends are just another day for us. The only thing I try and do is make sure we have time together when he is off so book people in the mornings on those days.

I work full time in an office 8-5 Monday-Friday and then 530 until late doing clients Monday - Friday and I have now been given work most Thursday nights helping out doing facials at spa nights I think I deserve a long lie on a Saturday!! Although if the spa gets busier I will be working Saturdays too, £25 an hour is not bad though :) bI've gave too many new clients appointments on a Saturday for them not to turn up so annoying! There is only a couple now I would give my Saturdays too and they know it would be an occasional one off because I love my beauty sleep haha x x

I'm mobile and until recently rarely worked Saturdays but only because I was never asked. I now work Saturday mornings and it generally works out alternate ones so I kind of get the best of both worlds. I used to sometimes work Sundays but unless I'm going away the next week or it's Christmas it's my permanent day off!

I work every Saturday 930 till 6 unless I've booked the day off as holiday. If I want to book it off I have to do so early as Saturdays get booked up months in advance. I'm a home clinic.

I work Saturday if that's the time clients want - I currently do Monday-Friday 5.30-late. I have a few that are Saturday morning regulars but most want to come week day evenings so they can keep their weekends free. I most definitely keep Sunday's free for my family and don't do anything beauty related for anyone on that day!

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

Yes, I work Saturdays and also have 3 late nights a week. Sundays and Mondays off. The late nights and Saturdays are my busiest times by miles as most of my clients work 9-5.

I'm mobile and no I don't work Saturday's as a rule. If one of my clients has a special occasion or if I'm totally rammed and someone's desperate then I will do it. But as a rule.. Saturday is my day off :) (I work 12-15 hour days Mon-Fri with my other job too, so by the time Saturday comes... it's my man and I's time as i don't get to see him any other time) xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I think whatever works best for you is good. At the moment, like others have said too, I work whenever I can. I am still building my business and I'm restricted because my college course is taking up more days than I was told at the enrolment.
It's possibly an age thing too, because I don't have small children so I don't feel that weekends are any different to weekdays.

I'm going wrong somewhere. I work every Saturday 9am-5pm (sometimes earlier if I have a wedding booking. I also work until 8-9pm on weekdays.
I couldn't not to this...

I work whenever there is work. I rarely work sundays, usually this will be a pamper party or something. I'm looking for something part time at the moment to supplement my income for when I have a quiet week and also because I have a wedding to save for. I'm lucky that I'm earning enough to cover all my household expenses at the moment but some months are better than others. Plus we need to buy a house so having payslips is a hell of a lot easier in termsof getting a mortgage than being self employed! If I had the choice I would work Saturday anyway because my fiance does so it makes no odds to me as I'd be alone anyway x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm going wrong somewhere. I work every Saturday 9am-5pm (sometimes earlier if I have a wedding booking. I also work until 8-9pm on weekdays.
I couldn't not to this...

Wrong? I'd say you are doing something very right if you are that in demand! Well done!

Saturdays are surprisingly quiet for me. Hope it picks up in the spring.

I was working 7 days a week but it all came to a head when I got really ill around Xmas.. Now I had 2 days off midweek as my Saturdays and Sundays are always booked up far in advance. Eventually I will swap this around and have the weekend off to work all week. I can't remember the last time I had a whole weekend off!

Thanks Ch-Ela, I guess so, good to look at it this way. Would like a better work/life balances though xx

When I worked from home I didn't work Saturdays, I worked 3 eves till 10pm half the time and felt that was enough x

What time would you start in the evening?

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

I work Saturday morning, just for the odd client who really can't do a week app, so tend to work out I work every other Saturday which is fab

Thanks Ch-Ela, I guess so, good to look at it this way. Would like a better work/life balances though xx

When I got to the point I was turning clients away I started putting my prices up, which had the net effect of losing me a few clients, thus freeing up some time for me, but at the same time it greatly increased my profit per hour. The overall result is that I now work less and earn more!

The key is to work smarter, not harder!!!

Latest posts

Back