Do your clients ever offer you anything?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Faylizzie

Reaction score
Have any of your clients ever offered you anything extreme?

My clients keep offering me things! My latest offer was;

My absolutely favourite client who I love dearly has just offered me £20,000.00 to use as a deposit on a house... And doesn't want paying back! :o
Obviously I've said no, she 83 bless her, has no children of her own, just nephews an nieces, but I do lots for her non beauty related ie, taking her to her hospital appointments, taking her shopping now an then just little things like that. Her husband died 2 years ago so she's completely on her own so I help out where an when I can. She got quite offend when I said I couldn't except it but I was very grateful of her offer.

I feel bad as I didn't want to upset her but there's just no way I can accept that kind of money!
It's bad enough me trying to encourage her not to tip me £20 an give me money for Xmas an birthdays bless her heart!

So just wondering if any of you geeks had been offered something out of the ordinary an how you handled the situation?

Xxx

Bless her, that is so generous of her isn't it! I was offered to use one of my clients holiday home in Florida for 2 weeks (free of charge) i just couldn't accept as i thought it crossed the line with regards to a professional client/hairdresser relationship. I love florida as well lol x

I no it made me all emotional lol!

Aww Florida! I would of loved that offer lol I've never been but so desperate to go there! Hopefully going in October if I actually start saving lol!

Xxx

Bless her, that is so generous of her isn't it! I was offered to use one of my clients holiday home in Florida for 2 weeks (free of charge) i just couldn't accept as i thought it crossed the line with regards to a professional client/hairdresser relationship. I love florida as well lol x

gutted lol x

Have any of your clients ever offered you anything extreme?

My clients keep offering me things! My latest offer was;

My absolutely favourite client who I love dearly has just offered me £20,000.00 to use as a deposit on a house... And doesn't want paying back! :o
Obviously I've said no, she 83 bless her, has no children of her own, just nephews an nieces, but I do lots for her non beauty related ie, taking her to her hospital appointments, taking her shopping now an then just little things like that. Her husband died 2 years ago so she's completely on her own so I help out where an when I can. She got quite offend when I said I couldn't except it but I was very grateful of her offer.

I feel bad as I didn't want to upset her but there's just no way I can accept that kind of money!
It's bad enough me trying to encourage her not to tip me £20 an give me money for Xmas an birthdays bless her heart!

So just wondering if any of you geeks had been offered something out of the ordinary an how you handled the situation?

Xxx

even more gutted! lol

Bless her though how sweet!! X

I don't get offered anything :-( I think I need some new clients to be honest!! lol x

Wow, £20k is an offer and a half!!!! There are some lovely people in this world, what a hugely kind generous lady. She obviously thinks very much of you and you are lovely too for looking after her the way you are.
And declining these offers just shows what professionals you really are. No matter how tempting, we should never cross that line IMO. But so very flattering that you clearly touch people in a way that they feel you are special to them to make these offers in the first place. Lovely :)

I was thinking the same thing lol I wldnt swap mine for the world they are lovely and more like friends ( which can be awkward at times lol ) but I wldnt mind some offers like that Tehe x

Blimey
I was thinking cups of tea. ☕hee hee. X

How kind of this lady.

And how kind are you.

I agree that you have no choice but to say no.

Good karma will come to you my lovely.

Jacqui xx

My client today always has a coffe waiting when I arrive & between doing hers & her mums nails she makes me a bacon butty!!

I know, she is the kindest, most caring, generous lady i have ever met. She is an absolute inspiration with everything she has dealt with in her life, she never fails to amaze me!

She's like my adopted gran! I'd be devastated if anything ever happened to her! My parents have already agreed that she can move in with us if living on her own gets too much! (we have a granny annex from when my gran got ill an lived with us so it would be perfect for her)!

Shes in her 80's an she has tutti fruity shellac with a pink glitter Rockstar fade, I mean come on that just shouts awesomeness! Lol she's my best advertisement as everyone comments on her nails as not many 83 year olds have bright pink glittery nails an when they comment she gives them my card bless her, absolute angel she is!

It was awful holding that cheque in my hand though but I could never take it! But I'm going to be honest it was very very tempting.

My boyfriend thinks she may change her will as my next appointment with her is to do he nails then drop her down to the solicitors, I'm really hoping she doesn't though as god forbid if anything ever happened to her I couldn't except it then either! so I'm guna have to find a way to persuade her to spend the money on herself!

Hehe I believe in karma so maybe one day some good will come of that situation as much for her as well for being so kind!

Xxxx

My client today always has a coffe waiting when I arrive & between doing hers & her mums nails she makes me a bacon butty!!

Bacon butties are the best this would have to be an offer I couldnt refuse lol! That's really nice of her! Xxx

I know, she is the kindest, most caring, generous lady i have ever met. She is an absolute inspiration with everything she has dealt with in her life, she never fails to amaze me!

She's like my adopted gran! I'd be devastated if anything ever happened to her! My parents have already agreed that she can move in with us if living on her own gets too much! (we have a granny annex from when my gran got ill an lived with us so it would be perfect for her)!

Shes in her 80's an she has tutti fruity shellac with a pink glitter Rockstar fade, I mean come on that just shouts awesomeness! Lol she's my best advertisement as everyone comments on her nails as not many 83 year olds have bright pink glittery nails an when they comment she gives them my card bless her, absolute angel she is!

It was awful holding that cheque in my hand though but I could never take it! But I'm going to be honest it was very very tempting.

My boyfriend thinks she may change her will as my next appointment with her is to do he nails then drop her down to the solicitors, I'm really hoping she doesn't though as god forbid if anything ever happened to her I couldn't except it then either! so I'm guna have to find a way to persuade her to spend the money on herself!

Hehe I believe in karma so maybe one day some good will come of that situation as much for her as well for being so kind!

Xxxx

This is a lovely lady with no relatives who has found a kind soul like you to take some care of her.

If she wants to change her will and leave everything she has to you instead of the cats home, then when the time comes you should accept it in the spirit with which it was offered.

When someone unexpected comes into your life and changes it in small but effective ways it must make a huge difference.

She sounds as if she is completely compos mentis and has probably given this a great deal of thought.

If she changes her will it is her decision and right to do so.

I am sure she will be happy in herself that in her later years she has been able to find a person worthy of leaving her wordly goods to.

If she doesn't, well that's ok too, you would have had the pleasure of knowing a lovely lady and that you made a difference to her life.

Don't think about it anymore!!!!

Peace and respect.

xx

That is such a nice thing for your client to say. She probably likes the company and really appreciates your help more than you think.
I personally have only had one thing offered which i felt kind of awkward about. I was in the middle of doing a ladies nails and we were getting on really well, like friends lol. And she says oh me and my husband are having grilled chicken and rice if youd like some? Its past dinner time and id hate you to be sitting there hungry. Lol. Bless

I never get offered food lol! Even when my tummy rumbles lol food I couldn't refuse haha I'm always starving!

She is lovely an I love having her in my life she's made such a difference to it. An It's nice to know I've made a difference to hers too, I'd love for you all to meet her she's such an amazing lady!

Xxxx

I once was offered a big bag full of rotting apples as my client was going on holiday the next day and wanted to get rid of it. I accepted graciously which spurred her into to opening her fridge and trying to load all her perishables off onto me. I couldnt get out of there fast enough. Uggh.

I'm just happy if I get offered a coffee.

What a lovely lady, and what a shame her nieces and nephews don't have the time to do the things for her that you do.
I know what I would do in your shoes, I would buy her some flowers in a basket, (so they are already arranged) and a card that says, thank you for thinking of me, you are so kind and thoughtful.
That way she knows you appreciate her gesture.
I'm happy if I get a £1 tip:biggrin:

I had a lady offer me gastric band Hypnotherapy!!! Lol cheeky lady!

This lady seems lovely bless her xx

Sent from my AT100 using SalonGeek

Aww I like that idea I'll send her some tomorrow as she did seem quite offended when I didn't except which made me feel awful! So I want to do something and that sounds like a good idea to me :) thank you

OMG gastric band hypno! I would of been offended to... What did u say to that!?

Xxxx

Latest posts

Back