Do your clients give you xmas gifts??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bev Rose

Reaction score
So far this year I received 3 pressies - wine, chocs & unknown wrapped box?? Plus 5 cards.

As a rough guess, I'd say I had about 30 clients, the funny thing is, the gifts have come from clients whom i would not of thought would. Not that I don't get on with them lol! So far, some of my long standing clients have not even bothered with a card!

I'm not saying that any of them should even have to give me a card, but it's nice of them to.

It's a bit embarassing actually, as this year I have decided NOT to give my clients a gift (tight ass!) because I could not decide who I should include & who to leave out, so that was the easier option! Obviously, I have/will be giving them a card!:lol:

Nope, but then I dont have many client's just yet.

I thing is I would be embarrased to get a present from a client and would feel obliged to give them one in return.

On another matter, what kind of dog have you, she/he is so cute, yours looks like a blond version of mine, Katy the Welsh Terrier who is currently trying to sit on my laptop while I am typing this.

Trish:hug:

Nope, but then I dont have many client's just yet.

I thing is I would be embarrased to get a present from a client and would feel obliged to give them one in return.

On another matter, what kind of dog have you, she/he is so cute, yours looks like a blond version of mine, Katy the Welsh Terrier who is currently trying to sit on my laptop while I am typing this.

Trish:hug:

Hi Trish,

That's Bob, my wire fox terrier, he's always at my side, except for when I'm with a client, but even then he sneaks in & some clients have had him on their knee!
He's sat under my chair now as i'm typing. Sometimes it's a pain as when i roll the chair he has to move quick!
Your dogs well cute! Looks just as cheeky as Bobby Dazzler (his full title!)

I did feel embarassed at first, but not anymore.

I have had cards from most of my clients, and 1 box of choccies! A few have given me good tips aswell, but no real pressies!

xxxxx:hug:

got zilch so far, apart from tips, but then again after our amazing staff christmas do, well that more than made up for it!

This year I did get a few gifts, one brought me a blueberry muffin, a picture frame, a movie and some chocolate, a snowman ornament(really cute), a glass angel candle holder,and a poinsettia plant.

I have given my really good customers a complimentary paraffin treatment,eyebrow wax or nail art. They all seemed very tickled that I did this for them.

I have Christmas cookies and orange almond biscotti out for them too!

so far i've had a card, 2 bottles of wine and a box of my favourite thorntons chocs

I've had 2 cards and one pressie. I was surprised as I didn't expect to get anything. So as a last minute rush I have written out Christmas cards to give to those regulars which are booked in with me this week.

Hi Trish,

That's Bob, my wire fox terrier, he's always at my side, except for when I'm with a client, but even then he sneaks in & some clients have had him on their knee!
He's sat under my chair now as i'm typing. Sometimes it's a pain as when i roll the chair he has to move quick!
Your dogs well cute! Looks just as cheeky as Bobby Dazzler (his full title!)

Katy's full title is Rickerton Snowbird (go figure!). She is also very cheeky and tries to see clients, Katy also "talks" all the time!

Oh well had better get on the in-laws arrive tomorrow for two weeks and I still got loads to do.

Have a happy christmas and I hope santa is good to you.

Love Trish

:hug:

I've got one bottle and one mystery bag, a bunch of extra tips and I know I will probably get a last minute surge of 'Lambrini' bottles from long term customers (obviously i look like a lambrini girl to them but really I only drink red wine!!).

One disabled lady now brings pressies for me, my son and my partner - all in gift bags with cards and she still gives a generous tip too - I think she is lovely but its verging on embarrassing as I don't give anything back (if you do one you have to do them all - others are in the salon at the same time). I think thats just how she is though she is very generous to everyone so we just try to be gracious as I think the giving gives her a lot of pleasure - its lovely! Or do I handle this wrong - what do you think?

Until today I had only had a box of chocolates then one of my regulars gave me (wait for it) a VIP Debenhams Gift Voucher, with personal shopper & £100 voucher to spend !!!!!

My jaw hit the floor, I never ever expected it, felt bad as Id only given her a Jane Iredale Mascara, I wanted to discount the treatments she was having to as I was so chuffed, she is my fave client though.

Can't wait for my shopping trip now !! :)

so far i have had 2 bottles of plonk....and 2 wrapped gifts...(saving them for Christmas day)....the kids though have had about 7 selection boxes...you'd think it was them who did all the hard work...:lol:....i thinks its lovely...but never expected. x

So far this year I've had 2 tins Quality Street, 1 tin Fox's biscuits (yum), £55 extra tips, 1 tin Celebrations, 1 tin Heroes, 1 bottle champagne, 1 bottle best burgundy, bath goodies, 1 box Toblerone assortment, singing fluffy teddy and reindeer for the kids plus sweets, and I've had cards from most clients . . .

People have been so sweet, and so generous and I love them all (well mostly:smack:) LOL

I do quite well with wine and tips.
One of my clients gave me a bottle of champagne and said there were some ferero rochas to go with it but thought i could probably do without them so she ate them instead :lol:.Not quite sure what she meant by that.

I'm doing pretty well this year - not enough wine though (only joking!). I'm getting extra tips and plenty of chocolates..... One client bought something for me and both my kids, all wrapped up so under the tree.....

I have had lots of cards from the clients
and a bag of nice smellys from next
and something gift wrapped ???
and a few extra tips,
i was over the moon with all the cards as i have only been open 7 months so i have a handful of regulars and a handful of new clients that have become regulars and then the usual ones that you only ever see when they have an event
it is all appreciated even though not expected at all

Latest posts

Back