Do your clients like the PopIts you are doing?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blossom

Reaction score
After all the length threads before Christmas about Pop-Its and the discussions about what to charge etc, etc, I was just wondering . . .

Who now offers PopIts alongside traditional tip & overlay/sculpts, and how is it going? Are you finding your clients are just as happy? The saving in time must make a difference to both you and them. And how are the PopIt nails that return for maintenance? What are you charging compared to couture sets and what have clients reactions been? Are you pleased with them?

Nobody using them then? :lol:

Heya

Ive used them on a few friends to try and see how they turned out. I found that they arent as flush when they grow out as they are when you blend them in yourself at the end, but its most probably my products application!

I have used them on a few clients and charge the same as i do for my couture sets, new sets or re balances,
if they become popular with the clients they will be the same price as i charge now for the couture nails and the couture nails will be having a price rise hth

I've done about 15 sets of popits over thexmas period.

Tbh i think i'm gonna give up on them, they are just to hit and miss. Sometimes they turn out great and sometimes they let me down big time.

My friend was the first person i used them on, she has them on for a couple of weeks then came back for a soak off. I noticed a dent (yes i said DENT) in her nail. this was obviously where i pressed and held the popit in place as it went off. This area is quite soft on some nails so therefore it left a dent. I'm no muscle man, i applied gentle pressure to the popit as was instructed.

Another client had tiny air bubbles and wasnt bothered about them, so as i was fully booked cos it was Xmas, i stupidly let her go, she came back after two weeks with Greenies starting to grow. This was such a shock for me to see, as i have been doing nails for 5 years and these were my first greenies, caused by the air bubbles. So since i saw them i have started to dislike the popits.

There has also been the odd Chrystalizsation. and general crap side walls etc.. It would drive me crazy to have 9 great popit nails then one let down.

I'm sticking to my very skillful brush work, it never lets me down

I havent done any on "paying clients" yet,only on friends and family, however I have charged the small amount that I usually charge them for traditional nails. I am not going to do them on my "real" clients until I improve on my PopIts application. I am having the same problem as many have already mentioned, alot of hit and misses and some crappy sidewalls. I am getting better with every set that I do,and I have had no problems with lifting or greenies. I even did a set on toes and they looked fab.

I'm not happy enough with the results yet to use them on paying clients, same reasons as someone else has said,a visible ledge when they grow out, air bubbles etc.

Having said that, I'm not giving up, the potential to be able to book in a client an hour is just too much incentive to get them right. I'll be booking an hours 1 to 1 next week (when I have some money in the bank!) to see if I can improve on them. In the meantime, I'll just practice on myself and family

Havn't had the chance to try them YET, but the people giving them up; did youu give up on the traditional nails after the first few sets? or those who sculpt, did you give up when they seeped underneath for the first sets?

What I'm trying to say is, have you given these a chance? ore just given up....

This is NOT criticism, just curious to why you seem to give up in such an early state. Or is it that you don't seem to save enough time compared towha you can do with your brush...

Havn't had the chance to try them YET, but the people giving them up; did youu give up on the traditional nails after the first few sets? or those who sculpt, did you give up when they seeped underneath for the first sets?

What I'm trying to say is, have you given these a chance? ore just given up....

This is NOT criticism, just curious to why you seem to give up in such an early state. Or is it that you don't seem to save enough time compared towha you can do with your brush...

This has been my exact thought.
My feelings are is that Geeg has spent an inordinate amount of time trying them, experimenting and learning.... I'm sure that even she had a few hiccups in the beginning.
I have to trust Geeg on this, when she says it's fantastic. We just have to learn the ropes and suffer hiccups as like with anything new.
Heck, it must have taken me 100 sets of gels to get even half decent.
And I'm STILLLLLLLLLL learning!
Expecting success overnight is plainly unrealistic.

Like with anything else in life: riding a bike, learning to read, learning the traditional way of nails, to cook, to diaper a baby, blah blah blah... it takes a while.
Expecting to get it first few tries out and then deem it terrible when one doesn't learn it as fast as one would like........... well.......not very sensible.

Just my two 'cents' (as opposed to pence LOL)
:hug:

After all the length threads before Christmas about Pop-Its and the discussions about what to charge etc, etc, I was just wondering . . .

Who now offers PopIts alongside traditional tip & overlay/sculpts, and how is it going? Are you finding your clients are just as happy? The saving in time must make a difference to both you and them. And how are the PopIt nails that return for maintenance? What are you charging compared to couture sets and what have clients reactions been? Are you pleased with them?
Hi all,
I have done a couple of sets on myself, just love them. I am offering them to my paying clients as the Newest thing to hit nails, and offering to do one pinky with a PopIt if they want to try it. Asking them to let me know which they prefer when they come back for their next set, they all have loved them, they were clear on white tips..... time will tell. My own have been with NSI Glistening Pink, all one colour, so many people have liked them. And I am saving money not having to pay to have my nails done, Great !!!!! lotsa luv & luck x :hug: :hug:

Well im home after a long day at work, thought i'd give the popits yet another chance on a client who has been having scultured nails for years. i stuck on some white tips and then got out my popits. I was careful to hold each popits up to the light to check for air bubbles and i was extra careful to concentrate and not move when holding the popits in place. So there you go , what happened??? yes a perfect 10

Client was totally impressed, and i was thinking these ole popits ain't so bad really.

The reason i was giving up on them... even tho i had done about 16 sets.. was because i am a perfectionist and i felt the popits were not always proucing perfect results every single time.

Also i feel i don't really need the popits as i can do a set of Sculpts in about 55 mins, with very little filling at the end, just a quick buff.

but that's not to say i won't use them on the occasional person who has a lovely long nail bed, and fancies a change.

Well im home after a long day at work, thought i'd give the popits yet another chance on a client who has been having scultured nails for years. i stuck on some white tips and then got out my popits. I was careful to hold each popits up to the light to check for air bubbles and i was extra careful to concentrate and not move when holding the popits in place. So there you go , what happened??? yes a perfect 10

Client was totally impressed, and i was thinking these ole popits ain't so bad really.

The reason i was giving up on them... even tho i had done about 16 sets.. was because i am a perfectionist and i felt the popits were not always proucing perfect results every single time.

Also i feel i don't really need the popits as i can do a set of Sculpts in about 55 mins, with very little filling at the end, just a quick buff.

but that's not to say i won't use them on the occasional person who has a lovely long nail bed, and fancies a change.

How long did the popit set take you marian

I did my first one on myself yesterday. I had broken one of my pink stiletto glitter fades off so I whipped out that nifty little box and went to town. The first time, not quite enough product. The second time, beautiful results. I'm going to start introducing them in the salon next week.

S

Due to the amount of staff we have in our salon, it's always difficult getting everyone together for a major training session, so we had put off training our salon people till last week.

Well!!!!!!!!!!!!! The staff were so excited by them I can't tell you what a fab day we had!

They have been trying out on every client they think is suitable....so far, so good... all clients LOVE them. Couple of air bubbles, but that will come right I know.

One client who has been coming to our salon for 10 years phoned me direct at home to tell me how wonderful she thinks they are...she got black enamel on them and everyone has been commenting on how fantastic her nails look, she said she couldn't stop touching them!!!!!!!

To the people who are having issues with the 'ledges' - are you remembering to place the popit slightly UNDER the eponychium? We found that erased this problem completely.

I've only used them on myself so far and not on paying clients. I've only done about 3 sets, but they always look good initially, but fall apart within a few days. It needs alot more time from me........and research into applying them properly. In my view they are totally incompatible with my system (EZFlow HD) the set time is too long, so I've had to switch to EZFlow Q + A to get a faster set time with using them.

The 1 hour application time is very tempting, thats why I will persist for a while. :lol:

to the earlier question... it takes me about 45 minutes to apply popits.

also i have to mention...be careful about the air bubbles, you may think they are tiny and won't do any damage, but one lady who started off with a tiny air bubble, got a greenie from it. and it was very near the end of zone 1.

obviously i have learnt my lessons from that one:cry:

well its just over a month since anyone last added to this thread, and I'm after a progress report:lol:
Is it the main type of service you offer, just for nail biters, are you so happy that now you're playing with different effects......
lets here from you, don't be shy now:lol:

I've only used them on myself so far and not on paying clients. I've only done about 3 sets, but they always look good initially, but fall apart within a few days. It needs alot more time from me........and research into applying them properly. In my view they are totally incompatible with my system (EZFlow HD) the set time is too long, so I've had to switch to EZFlow Q + A to get a faster set time with using them.

The 1 hour application time is very tempting, thats why I will persist for a while. :lol:

I have been using PopIts on myself now for almost a year and I have to say, I cannot understand in my wildest dreams how they could fall apart after a few days!! What exactly do you mean by 'fall apart'?? What on earth are you doing with them?

I have never had a greenie

I have never even had ONE breakage

I have never had any lifting

I have never had any problems even at the early stages ... the only challenge was the thickness and the odd small bubbles which I sorted very soon and the bump which I sorted as soon as I figured out what to do.

If you are going to post about PopIts and YOUR experiences then at least tell us what fall apart means because it means nothing to me. Unless you are doing something completely wrong with your product, theres no way PopIts would contribute to your nails falling apart.

Update from my salon with 7 techs now using.....
No greenies
No lifting
No breakages

Lots of oohs and aahs though :)

A few air bubbles, but this is improving with the 'relax' method!

Geeg mentions the 'bump' - I describe this as the 'ridge' at the eponychium - she has a fantastic method for getting rid of this problem if you look at the POPITS YOUR QUESTIONS ANSWERED thread, although have to say I personally don't mind the little ridge, I can understand why some clients may not be happy with it.

Latest posts

Back