Quantcast

Do your own extensions?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

maddisonhair

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Contemplating doing my own extensions, which I have never done before, and I'm thinking that the micro rings will be easiest to do and less messy!

Has anyone or does anyone do their own extensions? I don't want to pay someone all that money when I can do them perfect myself! And plus, I've not found anyone I can trust to do them the way I do. Control freak much!

I know it'll take a while to do, and I'll have very sore arms! Just interested to see if anyone does their own and how they manage!

Thanks xxx

lushlonglocks

Reaction score
Ive done them on myself a few times now... Never again!! Took me absolutely forever, hurt my arms and i could never get it just right! After many tantrums and tears ive caved in and paying somebody else to do it from now on!! Best of luck though!

missfit

Reaction score
I've done my sides before and got a friend to do the back but as she's not qualified in hair or extensions I felt my back matted a bit, although the sides were fine.

I also tried to do a swap with someone but couldn't find anyone who's qualified in hair unfortunately.

I personally think it's too difficult to do yourself and more importantly your extensions are an advert of your work so I would be wary of doing it yourself.

Good Luck

maddisonhair

Reaction score
I've done my sides before and got a friend to do the back but as she's not qualified in hair or extensions I felt my back matted a bit, although the sides were fine.

I also tried to do a swap with someone but couldn't find anyone who's qualified in hair unfortunately.

I personally think it's too difficult to do yourself and more importantly your extensions are an advert of your work so I would be wary of doing it yourself.

Good Luck
Hi!

I think I seen your add on gumtree! You were looking for an extensionist but one who was a hairdresser?

I don't think I'll try them myself! Too much hassle!

I'm dying my hair ombre style, brown to blonde and doing my extensions to match! Fingers crossed!

theextensionist

Reaction score
I would never do them myself personally as there is too much that can go wrong like sectioning, hairs getting caught and it would take a long time.

Latest posts