Doctors Consent Forms

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spicykat

Reaction score
Hi all i just wanted to know if anyone has had the following problem trying to get a doctors note of consent.

A client wanted her eyebrows tattooing and when she filled out my health form she has diabetes so she needed to get consent from her doctor. She has a note saying that it's a waste of time basically and that the NHS don't sign or give out letters like this.

So now i'm in a dilemma really and don't want to carry out the treatment just in case anything happens. She says it's controlled but at the end of the day it's my reputation and i want to do things properly. I can't understand why they haven't filled it out for her.

:)

Have your insurance company given you advice about it?

It would be a good idea to get in touch with them to ask what you should do next in this situation.

No i haven't i will do that. just wondered if anyone else had come across this problem.

Hi all i just wanted to know if anyone has had the following problem trying to get a doctors note of consent.

A client wanted her eyebrows tattooing and when she filled out my health form she has diabetes so she needed to get consent from her doctor. She has a note saying that it's a waste of time basically and that the NHS don't sign or give out letters like this.

So now i'm in a dilemma really and don't want to carry out the treatment just in case anything happens. She says it's controlled but at the end of the day it's my reputation and i want to do things properly. I can't understand why they haven't filled it out for her.

Why don't you ring your doctors and ask to speak to the diabetic nurse.
My husband is diabetic and is covered in tattoo's in fact his next one is on thursday.
I do not want to rag on you hun so I am going to tell you to do a search on here for diabetic contra indications and just end by saying that contra indication does not mean you cant perform a treatment, it just means that SOMETIMES you have to modify your treatment.
Your worry is about what? Blood clotting? Not a problem, diabetics perform prick finger tests every day and I don't know any of them that leave a blood trail behind them. Infection? Ok if you have a diabetic who's blood sugar count is up in the high 20's for 5 or more years, then yes you would have reason to be worried but a person who is like this is not going to care about themselves on so many levels.
Please Please Please talk to the diabetic nurse, pm Axion and get him to email you the info he has from the diabetic association and don't treat diabetics like lepers.

dont know if it helps but i has a similar sort of thing with waxing a lady who had long term cancer and her doc wouldnt give out a note but she said she had, had them done before so i telephoned my insurance company just to make sure.

Hi,

I would stongly recommend speaking to your insurance company to find out their policy on doctors letters, disclaimers etc. Each insurance provider will have their own guidelines on what you should do, so check that you will be properly covered before making a decision on the treatment.

Hi
My sister is a doctor, i have asked her before about doctors notes (re waxing, body wrapping etc) and she has told me that she would not give a letter to anyone for a treatment like this because she feels that she would have to know all about these treatments and why should she?! Plus what would happen if she said yes to a treatment and then something really badhappened to the client? Would it be our fault for doing the treatment or would it be the dr's fault?
I have found many dr's are not diving notes out now.

Thanks for all your replies they've been really helpful. I was just worried as i have only just qualified. I wanted to be sure that she would be ok and my trainer told me not to do her until i got a note. Anyway thanks for the info

Hi,

Most doctors will do a note for a fee (mine is £20.00) so it could be that she doesnt want to pay. It may be a good idea to speak to your insurance company to get their help to word a disclaimer which your client can sign and waives their insurance.

A bit late to come onto this, I know, but in case it helps.

At BABTAC, we only specifically exclude treating diabetics with Enlighten, but do not demand Doctor's referral for any other treatment. But, as with everything, your training is everything, your consultation notes are king and your conscience is always your best bet.

Did your training give diabetes as a contraindication or a warning? Then you follow that. If not, then it would be unnecessary if you were with BABTAC, and we would both cover you, defend you in court the event of a problem and (ultimately, Lord forbid) pay any damages.

But even if you didn't technically need the referral letter, but personally felt you'd like to get one, if your client is 100% happy you should treat then, at least, you could get a brief signed disclaimer from them on your conultation notes stating what their condition is, that they have spoken to their doctor and their doctor says it's ok.

Your client's doctor might refuse to speak/write to you - but s/he almost can't refuse to advise his/her patient, so such a disclaimer would suffice.

And that applies to almost ANY instance where you feel uncomfortable although, technically, may not need medical referral. It's just good practise.

And everyone else is also correct - a simple call to check with your insurer is called for, as many policies differ.

Regards

PHILIP SWINFORD
Marketing Services Manager
BABTAC

Latest posts

Back