dodgy course??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xlaurax

Reaction score
Has anybody ever done one of these courses? Or know anyone who has done one? I know what I think everyone is going to say, I just thought I'd check, my friend just phoned me up asking if I knew if they were any good as it's a lot of money to part with if it's not a good course with a recognisable certificate, click on the link below and let me know. thanks girls xx

Salons Direct: Home Learn Training System from Salons Direct Online. Products

Last edited by a moderator:
From what I can see it looks like they are selling the Essential Nails Home learn course....which is probably one of the better known home learn courses. I myself started with it. It was good in that it gave me a passion to go on and learn properly, but was i a decent tech after learning from a home learn course....not really.

So not dodgy really, just a very basic and very much entry level way of doing it.

You can learn a lot more for you money by going on a recognised foundation training course....with classroom training, hands on with an educator, with one of the main suppliers.

Forgot to add, however....the best thing I ever got from this course was the nail trainer practise hand that comes with it! These retail at well over £125 new and is a pretty invaluable aid to most techs.

I think there are quite a few on here who have done home learn course...some with good results and others not.

In theory i can see the atraction...working at your own pace, price, no travel, practise in the evening when kids are in bed or after your "other" job....i can see the convenience in it.

But there are the downs to...like no real person to person teaching....to ask at the very moment you are doing it...is this right...?

I guess everyone learns differently.

thats what i prefered, someone infront of me so i can ask every silly little thing that i want 2 know, that training hand does look pretty cool though! i wouldnt mind one of those just 2 play around with! u can buy new 'finger tips' aswell lol! thanks 4 the replies i will pass the info on xx

the nail trainer is the perfect training aid

you can use anytime, for any system, anywhere and for as long as you want

i would definately recommend it, i got mines second hand for less that half the price of a new one

the nail trainer is the perfect training aid

you can use anytime, for any system, anywhere and for as long as you want

i would definately recommend it, i got mines second hand for less that half the price of a new one
The nail trainer is awesome, I use mine all the time to experiment new designs!! Also it offers practice whenever you need it!!

Latest posts

Back