Does a client's hair get healthier/thicker whilst wearing hair extensions?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EmLou3003

Reaction score
Hi all,

My friend, who has been blonde for years (white blonde with bleach) has been complaining to me that her hair feels thin and has done for the past year and she would like a half head of hair extensions to thicken her hair out a little. She has about 2 inches regrowth of natural hair (dark blonde) and isn't having this bleached, she is going for a natural ombre kind of look (although its very obvious at the moment). I am happy to put half a head in for her, but from what she has said, I feel like she thinks that having hair extensions which naturally thicken her own hair, then she wont need them because her hair will be thicker naturally - has anyone experienced clients having hair extensions for a certain amount of time actually promoting thicker hair? This is her hair in Feb this year....

LT3.jpg

and this was her hair 2 years ago...

LT2.JPG

It does look thicker I think.

Any opinions/advice appreciated. I don't want her to feel a huge disappointment if after a few months she doesn't feel her hair is any thicker x

I dont know much about extentions but wouldnt of thought it would help? Do you mean her hair has snapped from over bleaching? If so she needs treatments etc break from bleach... as hair extensions arent going to magically change the texture of her hair :/

This is one of my clients after eight months of wearing a weave .. I think because she wasn't using as much heat on her natural hair it def helped her own hair not break and thicken up :)
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1460386788.157351.jpg

I've found on clients it's helped thicken there hair up as they tend to not do as much with it so gives there hair a break from straightening/colouring X

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1460454747.263975.jpg

This is my lady ..
Left- before any extensions
Right- after having extensions that were in 5 months removed

Her hair looked longer, thicker and healthier.

I think sometimes it's thicker because they haven't straightened there own hair so much and also paying for and wearing hair extensions make them more aware of looking after there hair and so that's often what has helped improve the hair.

my sister's hair got thicker and healthier, I guess the extensions prevented the damage. Since she is wearing extensions, it means less heat on her natural hair

Latest posts

Back