Does a heating pad help speed up removal?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moushax37

Reaction score
I have a couple clients that have been elsewhere before they found me, and told me the tech had either out their hand in the lamp or under a heating pad to speed up the removal process of Gelish and shellac.
First of all, the CND lamp has a fan in it, so to me this seems like it would dry out the acetone and defeat the purpose.

I have definitely noticed that my clients that are warmer to the touch absolutely remove easier than my cold clients. Has anyone tried a heating pad and noticed a significant difference?
Also, what kind of cotton o you use for removal? I used to use quite thin cotton and folded into fours, now I switched to cotton rounds, cut each into fours and it has seemed to help.

Heated mitts, a hot water bottle or a wheat bag are good! Not sure about the lamp though? I use gellux and before my heated mitts always found it a pain in the bum to get off now Its quick, easy and adds a bit luxury to a boring removal :) hth xx

I use hairdressing foil and small square lint pad with nourishing remover. Put hands in cheap disposable gloves (the throwaway ones used on deli and meat counters not latex ones). Then place in heated gloves. Works a treat on cold handed clients. Yes I agree that my colder clients are definitely harder to remove. xx

Yes, I definitely agree that using heat will speed up the removal process.

I have constantly cold hands and if I don't use heat it takes alot longer for the removal process.

You can place a heat pad under towel on your nail desk for your client to place their hands or, or even just wrap their hands up in a towel, it makes all the difference.

I also use a soak off bowl where you put warm water in the bottom of it (just like a babys food bowl) and this heats up the acetone slightly and helps.

I suppose the most common way now to remove nails/shellac is using the nail wraps, so I'd use a heat pad.

Yes! It really makes a difference.

I use heated mittens and it is also an extra treat for the client, they love it.

Sent from my HTC Desire using SalonGeek

You can use a heat pad but you should not be putting anything with an electric source anywhere near acetone !

Acetone is flammable so be careful with using electrical products to provide heat. I use cotton rounds cut into quarters and hairdressers foil. I heat a wheat bag in the microwave and tuck it into a folded towel then place the clients hands under another fold. That way any leaky acetone goes onto the towel rather than the wheat bag. Clients love it as the bag I have has aromatherapy oils on it so makes the removal more relaxing!

I might get one of those heated pillows so you can use over hands or toes! Do all of these need to be warmed up in a microwave? Any of them without wheat or different technology as don't want that smell!

Also what do most people use - cotton balls, cotton pads, gauze or sponge?? I want the most effective and cost efficient! I think balls are probably cheapest but then i worry about fibres being around when re-shellacing! I hate them fibres! :evil:

Also what do most people use - cotton balls, cotton pads, gauze or sponge?? I want the most effective and cost efficient! I think balls are probably cheapest but then i worry about fibres being around when re-shellacing! I hate them fibres! :evil:

I got the remover wraps in my shellac kit and absolutely love them! Would never go back to foil and cotton :) hth x

I got the remover wraps in my shellac kit and absolutely love them! Would never go back to foil and cotton :) hth x

Well what am i doing wrong?! :( I bought 250 of those CND wraps - trying to look more professional but used on two clients and both I've had to take off and start again with tinfoil! I can't risk it again as I must look like a right idiot. Have really soaked the wraps and placed tightly but it's only loosening the edges of the shellac. I do feel that tinfoil does keep heat in and easy to reapply if nec. With the wraps you can't re-stick either if the client riggles out of them ;)

That's why now i'm asking which form of cotton/sponge to use!

Latest posts

Back